Ceadr Point Souvenir Cup

kifan24

Can I bring and use (as long as I pay 99cents/refill) my Cedar Point cups to Kings Island?  We are making a trip down for just a couple of days and it will be cheeper for us just to that instead of paying 10.99 for a couple of bottles?

If you select "mobile" delivery when checking out from the mobile ticket store, you will receive a barcode on your phone to be scanned by the cashier. You might want to test this (without actually completing check-out) in advance.

If scanning the barcode doesn't work, the cashier would enter the numeric code.

• Like 1

They don't even make you have a souvenir cup from this season. I've personally witnessed people using souvenir cups from prior years multiple times. I assumed that you had to buy a new one each year, which I guess that was incorrect?

You're supposed to buy a new one every year.  They even say on them that they are only good through December 31 of the year issued.

That said, you're dealing with minimum wage front of house employees, many of whom haven't been employed before.  They might have briefly been told what to look for with the cups, but honestly, I'm not sure they care to check.  If the barcode scans, they fill it.  That's about it.

Yes, any 2015 Cedar Fair cup can be used for refills at another park. We have used multiple park cups this season at a bunch of other Cedar Fair parks. Some parks, like Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Carowinds allow you to reactivate the cup for $5 and get refills all day, or pay $0.99 per refill. Other parks like Worlds of Fun and Kings Dominion require you to pay $0.99 per refill.

• Like 2

I ordered a Carowinds cup online in march sometime.  We took our KI 2015 cup (Coasterstock) to Carowinds and used it during our half day visit for $.99 refills, then redeemed our Fury 325 cup the following full day at the park for free refills.  The last day we drank nothing but water.

• Like 1