Trip Report (12th of June)

TheCandyManCan

I went

I always love just doing that.

Anyways, not much major to report Y'all know the park and it's stuff just as much as we all do. Cirque was good, few close calls and messups, they're humans who do extraordinary work multiple times a day for us. I don't even want to know how tiresome and challenging some of this stuff is. Seeing this and how they react to it, I give them mad kudos for keeping up on this. It does make me cringe though because I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Like prime example Trevor didn't land the box on the ground perfectly during one of the shows today, major cringe moment, but I'm sure he's ok.

Park was surprisingly empty for a very nice warm Friday. Not sure if hot weather, evening storms, or the brew festival kept people away, but I enjoyed many back to back rides on almost every major attraction. Post mid afternoon storm it did seem to congest the park a bit surprisingly, usually it does the opposite, however, wait times were still minimal. Not everything was walk on like before though.

Shoutout goes to red Racer mid day crew, they were hitting interval best they could given the new dumb IROC rules. Blue seemed to be lagging behind the perfection I saw on red, but both sides were doing an exceptional job. Also, the woman (forget her name) at the Coney Corn Dog stand or whatever it's called. Dealing with a guest trying to pull a fast one on her with the souvinier cups, she could tell what he was doing and took care of it quite professionally. Then the service I got still after that crummy scenario was perfect. Great employee there. 

The new funnel cake stand is very enjoyable. I stopped there in between meals just to try it out. For ~10, what you can load up on there is an absolute steal. The cheesecake topping is to die for, seriously.

Other than that I left a bit after dinnertime, quick visit to relax on a nice hot Friday after work. I may head back in after I finish a few projects I need to work on, but work comes first, I can play later. Quite a nice evening though

• Like 1

Last year, new training was implimented across all of the Cedar Fair parks. It's a joke of a company that makes quite outlandish operational changes that kill every bit of operations. Basically, you follow their rules, do what they want, and if something happens, they fight for you in court if it goes that way for what I understand. See other forums dedicated to Cedar Fair parks, it's everywhere. Or just look the company up yourself, their website is even a joke.

• Like 1