Son of Beast

Diamondback2112

I assume this. I still remember trying to get through and order mine. Back then OSU had 12 minutes between classes. I don't know how many times I called in that 12 minutes, but the line was busy. My professor was just about to start class, and of course my last attempt was when I finally got through.

• Like 2

I assume this. I still remember trying to get through and order mine. Back then OSU had 12 minutes between classes. I don't know how many times I called in that 12 minutes, but the line was busy. My professor was just about to start class, and of course my last attempt was when I finally got through.

When did you try to order yours? I didn't even order mine until the day the final section of the lift hill was torn down and got through on the first try. o_o Up until then I actually had no intention of getting one. I hated riding it but I think watching the video of it coming down actually saddened me slightly knowing that was the end and it will never come back so I buckled and got it. We also got a couple bolts.

Wow...$200..my track didn't even cost that much straight from the park. I think they were being sold for close to a 100 even?

• Like 1

When did you try to order yours? I didn't even order mine until the day the final section of the lift hill was torn down and got through on the first try. o_o Up until then I actually had no intention of getting one. I hated riding it but I think watching the video of it coming down actually saddened me slightly knowing that was the end and it will never come back so I buckled and got it. We also got a couple bolts.

Wow...$200..my track didn't even cost that much straight from the park. I think they were being sold for close to a 100 even?

The first day that they started taking orders. If I remember right, the phone line opened at 9am, and my first class ended at 9:18am.

• Like 2

Or people who pay to attend ERT events on rides they've rode hundreds of times before.

Except those who have ridden a particular ride "hundreds of times before" would surely not enjoy waiting 30-60+ minutes each time for the same ride.  Surely those guests would wish to find opportunities to enjoy shorter wait times and perhaps socialization, through such means as ERT events and visiting on light days.

Or do you mean, as Terpy so pointedly stated, that you despise repeat guests (and thus customers)?  If so, I'm not sure what you're doing on here.

• Like 3

Why would you pay $200 for that?  Why did anyone pay $100 in the first place?

Why do people pay a lot of money to collect coins, much more than their face (or scrap metal) value?

You're not just paying for the raw material.  You're paying for something unique, something that has character, something that has sentimental value.  Things like that.

• Like 3

Or people who pay to attend ERT events on rides they've rode hundreds of times before.

Except those who have ridden a particular ride "hundreds of times before" would surely not enjoy waiting 30-60+ minutes each time for the same ride. Surely those guests would wish to find opportunities to enjoy shorter wait times and perhaps socialization, through such means as ERT events and visiting on light days.

Or do you mean, as Terpy so pointedly stated, that you despise repeat guests (and thus customers)? If so, I'm not sure what you're doing on here.

I'm sorry but if someone can't wait 30 minutes in line for a ride then maybe they shouldn't go to the park. 30 minutes isn't a bad wait.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Methinks you have no idea what those things cost or weigh.

I doubt the average house floor could safely support such a thing.

For reference, a Top Thrill Dragster train weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 tons.  It's on a sign in the queue but I can't seem to locate a good picture of it.

That's a 5-car train.  Average weight would be 1+ tons each.

For comparison, a 2015 Kia Rio weighs 1.2 tons.  Would you park a Kia Rio in your house?

Except those who have ridden a particular ride "hundreds of times before" would surely not enjoy waiting 30-60+ minutes each time for the same ride. Surely those guests would wish to find opportunities to enjoy shorter wait times and perhaps socialization, through such means as ERT events and visiting on light days.

Or do you mean, as Terpy so pointedly stated, that you despise repeat guests (and thus customers)? If so, I'm not sure what you're doing on here.

I'm sorry but if someone can't wait 30 minutes in line for a ride then maybe they shouldn't go to the park. 30 minutes isn't a bad wait.

Well, that's an awfully insensitive thing to say.  To some people, time is more valuable than money.  To others, disabilities (mental or physical) prevent them from waiting in line for very long.  Think someone with autism.

Even ignoring all that and looking only at enthusiasts, that's an awful thing to say.  Why turn away enthusiasts who are paying extra money for the privilege of ERT (unless they become an unruly bunch)?  The more money the park gets, the more it has to spend on the next ride.

But hey, everyone should just stand around waiting in line for their entire life.  Just go from one line to another.  That sounds like a blast.  :)

• Like 1

I'm just saying I'm sick of hearing Coaster people saying OMG this place is packed and the waits are 30 minutes or less is what I'm getting at. I'm not lucky enough to live down the road. I'm 2 hours away from KI so I have to go on weekends and I haven't seen the park real crazy yet this year.

Okay, so maybe enthusiast events aren't exactly abound with profits..

I'm just saying I'm sick of hearing Coaster people saying OMG this place is packed and the waits are 30 minutes or less is what I'm getting at. I'm not lucky enough to live down the road. I'm 2 hours away from KI so I have to go on weekends and I haven't seen the park real crazy yet this year.

I'm over four hours away.  Sorry if I like to maximize my ride count in the few times I can make it down.   :)

• Like 1

Methinks you have no idea what those things cost or weigh.

I doubt the average house floor could safely support such a thing.

For reference, a Top Thrill Dragster train weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 tons.  It's on a sign in the queue but I can't seem to locate a good picture of it.

That's a 5-car train.  Average weight would be 1+ tons each.

For comparison, a 2015 Kia Rio weighs 1.2 tons.  Would you park a Kia Rio in your house?

Now, if someone were to get just the fiberglass shell of a train (no metal frame) it would still be distinctly recognizable as a coaster train, and would likely be able to be supported by a typical home's floor. I realize that not all coasters have fiberglass shells on the trains (some are wood, some metal, etc), but you get the idea.

I have no idea where I heard this. It's probably wrong, but I recall hearing that when Steel Phantom was converted to Phantom's Revenge, some of the fiberglass shells of the old Arrow trains made their way out into the wild (be that enthusiasts, employees, whatever the case may be). Again, I could be horribly mistaken, but at very least, the logistics of that particular situation seem a bit more plausible.