Boomerang Bay

Chatter

Okay, just got back. Went on Gold Pass day and got there at 10:45 am. The place was already filling up, which surprised me.....I thought we were early.

We couldn't get a seat at Jackaroo Landing or whatever it's called.....the new place with the big kettle on top that dumps water........so we went to the Koala blah, blah, blah....can't remember that name either. It's the old kiddie land for kids in the 4 to 10 age group.......we easily found a waterside seat there.

My youngest, age 7, and I went to the Tasmanian blah, blah, blah......otherwise known as the Funnel Ride, to me. We waited in line for 20 minutes, which isn't that bad, but still not great...........got on our raft with 2 other people and headed down the tunnel/tube and then down the slide into the funnel, went back and forth and to the bottom. I had high anticipation for that ride and to be honest, it let me down. The ride might possibly be all of 30 seconds, if that. My 7 year old has ridden SoB, The Beast, and everything she's allowed to ride (she just passed 48"). She ain't afraid of nothing, but is usually thrilled by these kind of things. She thought it was alright. My final opinion is that it looks better than it actually is. I'm not saying it wasn't fun..........but I'd only ride it again if the line was short........not worth a 20 minute wait for a 15 second ride.......sorry.

I thought the atmosphere was great..........I like the decor.........it seemed more sprawling, even though they really didn't add much more.....but the Funnel Ride makes it seem bigger. We played in the Wave pool the most.........did they make it bigger? Because I'm not sure. We did have a waiter come around and ask if we wanted to order something so he could bring it to our seat, which was kinda nice......although we didn't order anything. And basically, if you turn left after entering, the left side of the Waterpark is all the same, just new names. I still like the big raft ride at the end of the Waterpark on the left side.......it is the best, IMO. Also, did the yellow innertubes......they're always fun. I can't do the blue slides because I have metal on my suit.......got nailed on that one last year after waiting 20 minutes and getting to the top they told me I couldn't go down because I had a little metal ring on my suit......that stunk.

The best thing about the day was the sun. Awesome weather for mid-May. I'm burned to a crisp.

We did head over to the Amusement Park but it was oversaturated with people.......it was unreal. We waited in line an exact hour for Whitewater Canyon, which was a blast, and then headed back to Boomerang Bay for one last hour in the Wave Pool. Someone tell me if they enlarged it.......it seems like it.

I have no complaints........just slightly disappointed in the funnel ride. I'm sure when the line dwindles, it will be more fun......just not worth the 20 minute wait.

Dude,

What did we do the rest of the time? WE WAITED IN LINE. DUH.

Another stupid thing that happened was Kahn's selling hot dogs for $1. Pretty good deal including chips for $1. Of course, 24 oz Cokes were $3. I went to their stand at 11:45 and they said they weren't opening 'til Noon. Go figure. I eat lunch at 11:00 everyday. Nearly every fast food restaurant opens for lunch at 11:00. Who's great idea was it to start selling hot dogs at Noon???? Stupid. Then when I came back, the line was a mile long. Then the hot dogs were like a 1/2" in diameter as opposed to the normal sized ones. It was so obvious they were selling a smaller version hot dog to save money......hilarious.

My other question is......was Paul Hogan of Crocodile Dundee fame there?

Dude, the place was packed. I waited in line for that raft ride for like 45 minutes. Same goes for the other rides. Coolangotta Racer had a huge line, too. By 4:00 in the afternoon, the place was very crowded.

Chill.

if it was gold pass day then why was it so crowded? i didn't know that many people had gold passes wink.gif and even if they do then that means a large percentage of them went. i have one but i didn't get to come. i'll check it out next tuesday though when i go (during the week so hopefully less crowded)

also,did anyone gets pics while they were there?

There is supposed to be a Paul Hogan look-a-like at the media day (similar to the Laura Croft look a like TR:TR media day)......The park did offer a lot of money to the man himself, but apperantly he was already booked for the day.

I thought it was like a 1600% improvement over Water Works. Got there early on Saturday, had to wait in line quite a while but still got to do everything. Spent the rest of the day shooting a TON of pics for the other site. I had fun. Can't wait until the novelty wears off so I can go and not feel like I'm in a mosh pit.