The Beach Waterpark

I have searched and have not found a thread for The Beach. If I missed it close this and point me towards it.

We are going to the beach for the first time in about 8 years. I don't remember a whole lot about it. I'm looking for some tips with the park if any. I am mainly concerned with finding a decently shaded area for my wife and kid to make home base.

Also if anyone is looking for a deal to this park this is what I got off of Groupon. We are going Friday. https://www.groupon.com/deals/the-beach-9-22587410?offerReferralId=e1d8705c-d099-49da-919e-57827a8e47c3&utm_campaign=OfferReferral&utm_source=bwf_fb&utm_medium=bwf

• Like 3

Shade is not something The Beach is really known for. There are a few lounge chairs that might be in the shade of a tree or something, but the vast majority are in the sun. However, it's not like Soak City where all the good chairs (or even all the chairs period) are taken rather quickly; at The Beach, there are usually plenty to go around, especially on a weekday. I would suggest getting there at gate opening (10:00) for best choice, but know that season pass holders get in 15 to 20 minutes early, so a few of the best seats may already be taken by the time you get in (very few people show up that early, though).

A few other tips: If you need a locker, they're reasonably priced (I believe $5 plus a $5 key deposit), but I typically use the trunk of my car instead, which is fairly easy to do. The back section of the park (Big Kahuna and Riptide Rapids) doesn't open with the park; usually it opens at 11:00 or noon. Know that Big Kahuna requires exactly two riders per tube, and that single riders are not allowed; this will be strictly enforced. The same may be true for Maui Wowie (it was supposedly a rule on Maui Wowie all last season, but was inconsistently enforced, and I wasn't told of the rule until the last human-only day of operation). Food is very reasonably priced, so don't be hesitant to buy food in the park.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• Like 1

Disclaimer:  I haven't been to The Beach since I was a kid, and all observations come from driving 71N every workday past the park.

I can't see a bunch of the park as I drive by, but I can see a handful of rides and lines.  There is what I believe to be their water coaster as well a The Cliff and adjoining slide platforms right by the interstate that are clearly visible when driving home on 71 north each work day.  Rarely do I look at those lines and think: man the park is packed.  Even last Friday, with the temperatures heading to around or above 90, the lines for those areas looked rather sparce.  The platform for The Cliff and associated slides looked to be completely empty.  The platform for the water coaster appeared to have a few people on it, plus extending another 10 patrons (max) down the stairs.  This is obviously no indication of the rest of the park and perhaps those rides are just not enjoyable, but based upon my daily commute, I wouldn't anticipate huge crowds.  Would love to read a trip report sometime, I know JC has posted a couple in the past.  This is around 5:30-6:30 depending on when I leave the office, crowds could be vastly different at that time than during the middle of the day.

• Like 1

:blink:! They have an attraction called Maui Wowie!?!

Hasn't anyone there seen the movie Nine-to-Five? Oy!

Indeed. There's a picture near the bottom of this page: http://www.thebeachwaterpark.com/rides-attractions/real-thrill/

EDIT: Yes, don't expect large crowds. The size of the parking lot will be your first clue to that when you pull in. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for anything except Big Kahuna (the water coaster) or The Cliff, and never more than 10 minutes for those. It's really a half-day park because of how quickly you can get everything done. Consider the possibility of starting the day at KI's Soak City, riding everything there before crowds start to pick up (you can get walk-ons or nearly so on virtually everything before about noon to maybe 1:00 or so), then packing up your stuff and moving to The Beach for the afternoon.

• Like 1

I don't have a Kings Island pass this season. Courtney is pregnant. we are mainly going to take our almost two year old to play in the water for the day. I may get a few slides in but the day is about him and relaxing. My sister-in-law will be meeting us there she has a season pass. I think we are also planning on bringing a cooler and lunch and leaving it in  the car. On Google Earth it looks as if there are several picnic tables near the shade and trees next to the parking lot to use.

• Like 3

Okay then. If your SIL can get there before opening, then she can get in early and claim a good seat, then you can meet her in there at 10:00. There are indeed picnic tables next to the parking lot, but as I said, food prices are very reasonable to begin with, and your SIL can get an additional 10% off with her pass. So consider the possibility of simplifying things a bit and eating in the park, so you don't have to do as much prep work or haul as much stuff. :)

• Like 2

Thank you very much sir. I actually like the idea of doing the packed lunch but we will probably get something at concessions as well. We may even for go bringing the lunch. The deal i posted gets us sodas as well. one for me and the wife. 

• Like 3

I used to truly enjoy the Beach, they had a pool that was adults only. Then one day is was not.

Then I no longer enjoyed the Beach.

On the day they woke up and made the warm pool all ages, they forgot to tell the local hard rock/hard party radio station, which was having a Wild Party at the Beach adult pool.

The zany DJ set up his booth, and was surrounded by pre-teens, all splashing his gear. They wouldn't be corrected, and the parents wouldn't step in to help.

He tried to make the best of it, did the limbo contest, announced over the air about all the girls in bikinis, and the party atmosphere, and despite all his efforts you could tell by his expression he was upset and chagrined. He couldn't give out the prizes of concert tickets, couldn't give out prizes at all.

The whole deal was a total loss.

My husband and I sat at the edge of the pool watching this fiasco, until some little brat started meanly kicking water at us, we looked over at her fat mama, too obsessed with a bad of chips to find out what her little angel was doing. We were iaccosted by another little monster purposely running into us, trying to knock us down.

(I know they are only looking for adult attention, ANY adult attention, but.... I'm not the one that can do that.)

We wrote off the Beach, and will probably never go back.

• Like 3

^ Keep in mind the park has changed ownership since then. Under the new owners, I have not seen any such behavior at that pool. Yes, there are kids in the pool, but they are generally well-behaved and/or supervised. Give it another try; you might be surprised.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy going to The Beach as the crowds are so much smaller than Kings Islands Soak City.  I live close by so I have a season pass for both places.  I especially enjoy going to The Beach on the weekends when Kings Island is more crowded and especially when I want to go to a waterpark and not have to wait so long to get onto attractions.  I truly hope The Beach is a success this time around and they would be smart to offer a discount to any Kings Island season pass holder for their daily ticket and/or season pass.  That way there attendance might get a bigger boost and be more successful this time around.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

To add to what I typed above, driving home, a little earlier than usual the last couple of days due to kid's activities (right around 5:00 to 5:15 when I passed The Beach), on two of the hottest, most humid days of the summer (so far, today probably tops both the last two days before a system moving thru tonight cools things back down) the lines on the rides visible from 71N were most non existent.  On both Monday & Tuesday, there was no one but what appeared to be a lifegaurd on the platform for The Cliff and other slides attached to that platform.  On the platform for their water coaster and new racing slids, there appeared to be no one other than lifegaurds on Monday and maybe 4-6 people in line for the water coaster on Tuesday evening.

As mentioned above, you can't see much of the rest of the park driving North on 71, and its obviously a slimmer of time that I pass by, but if you apparently can't draw much of a crowd on two of the hotter, most humid days you'll see this summer I worry for their long term existence.  I'm not much of a water park guy, but as a family that hits up our neighborhood pool on a regular basis, the last two afternoons seem like a great time to take advantage of a water park.  perhaps they're all in the wave pool?  Perhaps they all come early and leave before dinner time, perhaps they're packed on the weekend, but my simple, almost daily (well monday thru friday anyways) observation passing by the park makes me think the park likely struggling to make a profit.  Hope my gut feeling is wrong, I think having an alternative to KI would be attractive for people who enjoy water parks.

• Like 4

We went but only for two hours on Sunday as my neck acted up. We will be going back end of August. The park is really nice, food prices are on point, and it wasn't overly crowded. I think i'll start going to the Beach over Kings Islands water park.

• Like 4

driving home yesterday, there were some small lines on the two platforms you can see from 71N.  The Cliff platform I'd venture to say extended back about 4 steps down from the platform, so maybe 10 -15 people or so in line.  The platform for their water coaster extended a bit more, pehaps 25-30 people in line.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the official stance, from either park or KICentral, but I wouldn't mind if the PR side of The Beach stopped by more often.  I'd like to see this succeed, I'd like to see their winter tube slides succeed, any updates as the park moves forward would be appreciated.

• Like 5

I'm not sure what the official stance, from either park or KICentral, but I wouldn't mind if the PR side of The Beach stopped by more often.  I'd like to see this succeed, I'd like to see their winter tube slides succeed, any updates as the park moves forward would be appreciated.

We want to do what we can to see it succeed as well.  Unfortunately, when the park closed in 2012 the "following" had reset to near zero.  Have had great response throughout most of July after the abysmal June weather

Look us up on Facebook and Twitter!

11831675_783912718392844_393663090475159

• Like 7

I noticed today that The Beach was WAY busier than I had ever seen it before. I'm actually glad to see it crowded like that, because the low crowds on every visit, notably on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, were starting to get me concerned about whether the park was bringing in enough revenue. With 15 to 30 minute waits, clearly the place was making money today. :)

• Like 9

I went on a Thursday, the lines were not that long around noon but as the day progress the lines got longer and longer. I also think they need to do something about the wood by the end of the day when we walked on the stairs/bridges , it made our feet feel like it was burning and blistering. 

• Like 3