The Beach Waterpark

My last visit was before 2000.  Considering going tomorrow (Labor Day 2015)

Two questions:

1. Is the ride formerly called Hidden Rapids open?  I didn't see it on their website, but all the names have changed and I may have missed it.

2. I've read lots of comments about the park being understaffed and ride closures.  Should I expect all of the big rides to be open at some point during the day, or are some closed all day?

Thanks! 

• Like 2

My last visit was before 2000.  Considering going tomorrow (Labor Day 2015)

Two questions:

1. Is the ride formerly called Hidden Rapids open?  I didn't see it on their website, but all the names have changed and I may have missed it.

2. I've read lots of comments about the park being understaffed and ride closures.  Should I expect all of the big rides to be open at some point during the day, or are some closed all day?

Thanks! 

1. This is now Thunder Rapids. I'm not sure why it isn't on the website, but it's there. Thunder Rapids is normally open (but see #2).

2. During the heart of the season, all rides are fully staffed and open all day (with Big Kahuna and Thunder Rapids opening one to two hours later than the park) barring technical, weather, or other issues. However, late in the season (i.e. now), The Beach uses a "ride rotation" to be able to operate as many rides as possible with significantly reduced staffing. This means that while most or all rides will be open at some point in the day, not all rides will be open all day. Typically, The Cliff, Banzai Blast (formerly The Banzai), and the wave pool will be open all day due to their popularity, while other attractions will operate in shifts as determined by management, and occasionally one or two less popular attractions (but not a whole lot) will remain closed (Thunder Rapids is often one such ride, as it was yesterday). Also, expect the possibility that the lazy river will only be open halfway around, meaning that you would have to enter at one entrance only and get out at the other entrance (this enables them to use half the lifeguards for the river). You'll want to listen to the public address system, as ride rotations will be announced over that throughout the day and may vary from day to day.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Does the Beach Waterpark have a "passenger drop off" area,  or a convenient place to drop off and pick up teens without paying the parking fee?

Thanks!

Yes. As you leave the public road and pass under the arch, there is a driveway that goes off to the right toward the fence. You can stop there to drop off and pick up, then make a left turn to head back out. Note that this left turn cuts across the lines for the tolls to the main exit lane, so if the tolls are busy (not often, but can happen as there are only two booths and usually only one is staffed), it may be difficult to get back out.

Here's an illustration, using Google Earth satellite view. The blue line is the main entrance path leading up the the tolls (which is the small white-topped structure at the top-center); the green line represents the exit lane, and the red line represents the drop-off lane and how it splits from the entrance and sends you back into the exit lane. The turnstiles are just a short distance beyond the top edge of the picture.

EDIT: The image disappeared somehow and I had to recreate it. Let's hope this works:

R7w8L6.jpg

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 5