Anyone else have an issue with Firehawk's restraints?

Pepsi

I like Firehawk a lot, but the restraints on it press down on my chest so hard that I feel like I have an issue breathing. Anyone else have this problem? I try to give myself a little room when I put them on, but the attendants always end up pushing down on it anyway. By the end of the ride it's so tight I have to take short shallow breaths and I start panicking.

I went to Cedar Point recently and had a similar problem on Gatekeeper. 

Those restraints suck major coaster bolts man. Still, I like the ride. I am about a buck 45 most the time, and I don't have breathing or tightness issues...

But I have noted numerous times that Wild Eagle pre-B&M restraint modification really tore me up. I forget what it did to my sternum, but I was on steroids for 90 days. Those restraints were awful. Tighter and tighter.

Me being a smaller build (tall, skinny, super metabolism) I find them very comfy, however I also find Banshee and Gatekeeper's restraints comfy, and a little tight on the brake run. I like FH to be a little loose so I'm not all the way on the seat and dangling from the restraints (so fun yet terrifying) but that is just me.

Rode it once. Won't ride it again. The restraints are the reason.

It wasn't the restraints around my torso that was the problem, it was my legs. I was in physical pain for almost the entire ride. I was actually very sad afterwards because I was so excited to experience the 'flying' ride...

• Like 1

I'm a big guy, and I've never had a problem with Firehawk's vest restraint.  In fact, it's probably the most comfortable restraint for me.

Banshee, on the other hand, I have the same problem as the OP.  It's a tight fit and I have to take shallow breaths while riding.  I love the ride but can't marathon it too long because I can't breathe very well.

Really? That's strange. I wonder why it's so tight on me then. I'm on the smallish side so you would think it wouldn't be a problem.

My niece feels that way, but she doesn't hold herself to the back of the chair like I do, she kind of lays on the restraints.

The restraints are really spacey on us, we are both small, but I hold myself up and it's torture. If I didn't, I'd feel like I was slipping out.

I quickly gave FH up as my drawing hand has more metal in it than Wolverine, and I fear the plate popping off mid ride from my weight on it.