The Food Truck Festival

Son of Beast 89

I go to all the ones around Dayton and its always fun to walk around and try something new. Of course you got to scope out what everyone else got and where they got it from before you decide on anything. I'll be going on Sunday pending how much I survive the concert on the 18th.

I went to one food truck festival in Loveland. The trucks were overwhelmed by the volume of customers. The lines for the popular trucks were around an hour long, and some trucks ran out of ingredients to make their dishes. The Pizza Hut in the parking lot took advantage of the surplus of hungry money spenders by having a special for medium pepperoni pies. 

I have tried, and liked food trucks on several occasions, but these truck rallies are not their optimal venue, in my limited experience , that is.

• Like 3

I went to one food truck festival in Loveland. The trucks were overwhelmed by the volume of customers. The lines for the popular trucks were around an hour long, and some trucks ran out of ingredients to make their dishes. The Pizza Hut in the parking lot took advantage of the surplus of hungry money spenders by having a special for medium pepperoni pies. 

I have tried, and liked food trucks on several occasions, but these truck rallies are not their optimal venue, in my limited experience , that is.

I had a similar experience with a food truck festival in Milford.  Most of the trucks were sold out after an hour and shut down and left early.  I decided on the slim pickings that were left and waited forever in line for them to take my money then after I already paid waited another hour to get my medicre quesadilla with half the ingredients missing from it because they were out.  Not sure if it will be at this one or not but it was that Turophilia food truck in the airstream trailer that is always at the local festivals.   Not good.

My current favorite food truck is the Horseless Buggy Eatery. They have my favorite burger, the Onion Straw Burger.

If you'd like to follow them, here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/horselessbuggyeatery?fref=ts

But, I will skip them if they have a line longer than 8 to 10 people long. While the burger is amazing, they're just 2 people making everything fresh, so it takes a while to serve each person. I've seen them at businesses where there is no line at all, but at these food truck rallies it's just not worth it.

Is Zombie Dogz gonna be there? If not, I'm not going.

What is a 'zombie dog'? 

Zombie Dogz is the biggest food truck in Dayton with a ginormous following. They are known for huge all beef hot dogs served in oversized hot dog buns with a wide array of unique toppings and sauces. Everything is themed to Zombies. https://www.facebook.com/zombiedogzdayton I had them out back of my buisness many times and its amazing to see the croud they bring just on their own.

• Like 2

Is Zombie Dogz gonna be there? If not, I'm not going.

What is a 'zombie dog'? 

Zombie Dogz is the biggest food truck in Dayton with a ginormous following. They are known for huge all beef hot dogs served in oversized hot dog buns with a wide array of unique toppings and sauces. Everything is themed to Zombies. https://www.facebook.com/zombiedogzdayton I had them out back of my buisness many times and its amazing to see the croud they bring just on their own.

Huh, impressive! I gotta try these out. I like all the other trucks coming so far though