2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

There isn't much activity that has gone in in Soak City. I've never noticed any markers.

BUT, that doesn't stop them from using the grassy are between the gate and Tidal Wave Bay.

eaeb570780ca96c79adf55afae0dbf7b.jpg

By the way, The reason I didn't mark the whole area is that I am smart enough to know that Kings Island has to be cautious with the power lines that run right through the middle of Soak City. I know the Kiddie pool in the middle is pretty close, but it's still far enough away. That's why I didn't highlight the entire area.

But anyways, I could see a new 4 person slide thing, or maybe 2 to 4 individual tube slides right there. 

• Like 5

^ I'd love this type of ride, but maybe without the inner tubes.  I'm not sure how many people would want to get into the water just to ride, unless it was over in Soak City or something.  I'd much prefer this type of ride (or as you suggested, a flooded Mayan Temple!) on the dry side with boats like the old Enchanted Voyage had.  Now that would be amazing! 

• Like 6

Just an observation....If you look at the Diamondback webcam....what are the mysterious objects that have appeared in the grassy field where Snoopys Starlight Spectacular once appeared?

One looks like a platform and the other objects appear to be white objects (from the cam view of course.)

Are these markers for the Food Truck Festival or place holders for the next season announcement.....Hmmmmm.....

If you are at the park take a close look and report back....inquiring minds want to know...LOL :P

• Like 5

Just an observation....If you look at the Diamondback webcam....what are the mysterious objects that have appeared in the grassy field where Snoopys Starlight Spectacular once appeared?

One looks like a platform and the other objects appear to be white objects (from the cam view of course.)

Are these markers for the Food Truck Festival or place holders for the next season announcement.....Hmmmmm.....

If you are at the park take a close look and report back....inquiring minds want to know...LOL :P

Roger that, I'll get you pictures. However, Soak City needs some love. I feel that that would be the most logical 2016 addition.

• Like 2

I dunno. I was wondering what's to come next season yesterday, while I was at the park. I don't go to Soak City at all and would like a nice flat or a rethemed boo blasters. ( I really don't like what that ride has become..I LOATHE  the tv's inside) but yes! I do agree ! AE needs some much needed TLC.

• Like 4

Don't know what they are, but it would surprise me if it was something for the food truck festival, it seems rather far removed for something that would be used for a short term advertisement, certainly its not a parking spot for a food truck as it would require guests to walk across grass to get to the food truck.  Hard to tell from the Webcam, but IIRC that is a pretty steep drop off in that area, doesn't feel like it would be a good place for an announcement of any kind, plus you've got a bunch of trees out in front of it on the path, which would cut down on visibility from several angles.  There appear to be 3 additional "white objects" a bit closer to the path.  Whatever they are, it seems like a poor place to stage an announcement or advertisement, at least as it appears now, which of course begs the question, when did that appear?  Has it been there a while and nobody noticed, or did it just recently crop up.  If it just recently cropped up, then there is a reason.

Just because a wooden ramp and wooden stand?? 

That would be the smallest Antique Cars I had ever seen, and a real disruption for guests in the showplace.

I'm just saying that announcements are often (not always, but often) held in the general vicinity of where the new attraction will be located, or some other relevant area.

This small stage, if it is indeed for a new ride announcement, could be an indicator that Antique Cars could be returning to the park, as that's near or in the general area they were once in. Hell, maybe Backlot will be torn out and replaced with Antique Cars; it's not too late in the season for a "closing forever" announcement.

Or maybe I am indeed grasping at straws here. Right now, anything is possible. :)

• Like 2

That would be the smallest Antique Cars I had ever seen, and a real disruption for guests in the showplace.

You need to go to Six Flags St. Louis. Theirs has a marginally longer ride time than Top Thrill Dragster. I'm only slightly joking.

I agree that this ramp very likely isn't a hint at all, but I actually wouldn't mind an antique car ride, albeit a short one, that uses that area and some of the land around Backlot Stunt Coaster. A couple nice rockwork bridges over the paths and especially some trees would go far in that area, I think. It's probably a prohibitively small area for such a thing, though. Doesn't hurt to dream! :)