2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

They do not HAVE to make a move.  People will still go to Kings Island next year, even if they do not add a single new attraction.  How many typical families from Cincinnati are going to make the trek down to Santa Claus, IN?  Or down to Kentucky Kingdom?

Mine, but we're an atypical family, usually visiting 7-10 parks a year!

Do a Doll Factory maze like a majority of people have been screaming for since 2007 (or a Toy Factory to grab the Five Nights at Freddy's fanbase), or even a Grimm's Fairy Tales-themed house. Just....SOMETHING

Yes, please! I've wanted a Doll Factory ever since I first went through Happy Jack's at Cedar Point.

Heck, you could even tie it into Backwoods Bayou and even Slaughter House as one mega scare environment (Southern Discomfort)

I like that, especially the name!

...sorry, went into "Hardcore Halloween Haunted House Fan" mode.

That's quite alright, it's that time of year! I just submitted my app today for my 8th year of Haunt (and 24th season overall at the park).
  • Like 5

• CarnEvil - Clown mazes are an easy cop-out because clowns are scary. Duh. That isn't an excuse to leave a maze untouched for what is now almost 14 years. Take the clowns out of the Theater and have them run around Planet Snoopy with the Freak Street folks and put something new in. Do a Doll Factory maze like a majority of people have been screaming for since 2007 (or a Toy Factory to grab the Five Nights at Freddy's fanbase), or even a Grimm's Fairy Tales-themed house. Just....SOMETHING.
  • Tombstone Terror-tory - Long lines for the train. Which leads to long lines for the maze after you get off the train. Which leads to walking past crates and boxes and guessing which crate or box has a monster behind it. It's one of the few attractions that a vast majority of people have complained about, both on here and at the park, and still it stands to this day. Get rid of the maze portion, put the trains in storage, and just have a haunted hayride with large set pieces to traverse. A truly brand-new experience for the Haunt, and one that could rival other local hayrides like Springboro's with upkeep and TLC.
  • CornStalkers - Even with a few visual upgrades, I would really like to see more than just "scarecrows". Bring back set pieces and aspects of Psycho Path/Trail of Terror and turn it into an actual farmhouse environment. Heck, you could even tie it into Backwoods Bayou and even Slaughter House as one mega scare environment (Southern Discomfort) like they did when Stalkers first debuted alongside Headless Hollow and Massacre Manor in '05's "Curse of Sleepy Hollow" zone for FearFest.

...sorry, went into "Hardcore Halloween Haunted House Fan" mode. 

Would love to see some updates like these. Even just doing a haunted train ride could be fun, even if they didn't do a hayride.

And a dollhouse where Carnevil is would be awesome too. One of my friends is terrified of dolls so be fun to go through it with her too.

Always thought Backwoods Bayou would make a great maze too when they first announced it, so a maze there themed to it would be great. And yea doing a whole scare zone for that area back there would be awesome. Cornstalkers could be good but needs some more scare actors and props. Went through last year and didn't see one person until we were over halfway through.  They should close some of the older ones or less liked like club Blood and Wolf Pack and use some of the props elsewhere and have more scare actors in the houses.

Massacre Manor/Sleepy Hollow Horror, but that was the year before in 2005. It got moved to Rivertown Mining Company in 2006 (where Diamondback's queue sits now) as Cowboy Carnage that season. Then it changed to Red Beard's Revenge in 2007 and stayed there until the end of 2008. The maze was relocated again in 2009 to the backside of Outer Hanks as Cut-Throat Cove and lasted until 2012.

• Like 2

It may also not be for an announcement. Think how Banshee's announcement was setup same day. However it could be.

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for an announcement for the announcement. There's nothing truly visible to speculate on in regards of what we're getting unlike say pre Banshee announcement. So I'll sit and relax while everyone sees a platform and loses their minds.:P

• Like 3

Massacre Manor/Sleepy Hollow Horror, but that was the year before in 2005. It got moved to Rivertown Mining Company in 2006 (where Diamondback's queue sits now) as Cowboy Carnage that season. Then it changed to Red Beard's Revenge in 2007 and stayed there until the end of 2008. The maze was relocated again in 2009 to the backside of Outer Hanks as Cut-Throat Cove and lasted until 2012.

I remember a guy squatting on a barrel and that it was a tent. So it was Massacre Manor huh? That must have been after it was in the perennial building near the Scrambler that was once R.L. Stine and Delta Delta Die. The Haunts/Fests blend together for me.

Edit: Thinking back it probably was Red Beard's Revenge in '07 that I'm thinking of.

walked past that area last night, I doubt they could squeeze a good antique car in there, its smaller than I realized while viewing from over head, typically those cars don't go up/down large inclines, and unless you plan to get rid of the path, or make walking bridges over the track there would be a lot of site work required.  You are locked in by the hill leading up to stunt coaster on one side, Diamondback and the stage in the back, and the hill leading up to the tower on the other.

It would make a great spot for a flat or two, particularly one that has a solid light package like Shake, Rattle & Roll.  That spot has always felt kind of empty, if nothing else, it would be nice to see them add in some trees and landscaping to fill the area out a bit

• Like 3

Now that we have an expanded Starbucks maybe we are getting an expanded Chic-fi-a in 2016 in the area where the platform is.  They could even tear down the Tropical Smoothie stand close by and use that area too since I NEVER see it open.  At the very least I hope Chic-fi-a makes a separate pick up window instead of having to squeeze in where people are trying to order.  A new ride or two would be awesome too!

• Like 2

After going to Cedar Point I would vote for a flat similar to Skyhawk. I understand it had its major issue last year (cable snap) but every time I ride that thing its amazing and its was a almost always a short line (1-2 cycle waits at the most) when we visited.  I would love to see that at KI. I just have no idea where they would put it. I feel like location can make or break a ride like Skyhawk. 

• Like 11

I'm not gonna lie.  I've been really scared about my dear Backlot Stunt Coaster ever since I saw that wooden stage and ramp near the Eiffel Tower.  I don't want them to tear it out.

But since I'm preparing for the worst, I have decided to marathon Backlot for the next week, just in case. ;)

Surely not.  It's one of the best-themed rides in the park---if not the best themed---and awfully popular.  No way they'll tear it out right now.  No way.

• Like 1

If they do anything to BLSC, they should give it a frontier, western re-theme and annex it into Rivertown, with a name on the lines of "Kings Mill Run" or something. But I don't see them doing that until the ride becomes a huge problem, or until the Italian Job-esque theming starts to become bland and tacky, which probably won't be for a while.

If they do anything to BLSC, they should give it a frontier, western re-theme and annex it into Rivertown, with a name on the lines of "Kings Mill Run" or something. But I don't see them doing that until the ride becomes a huge problem, or until the Italian Job-esque theming starts to become bland and tacky, which probably won't be for a while.

Eh? It isn't now?

• Like 5

Eh? It isn't now?

Point taken.

I'm not gonna lie.  I've been really scared about my dear Backlot Stunt Coaster ever since I saw that wooden stage and ramp near the Eiffel Tower.  I don't want them to tear it out.

But since I'm preparing for the worst, I have decided to marathon Backlot for the next week, just in case. ;)

I don't want to knock your coaster, but I would say with at least some confidence that if a coaster HAD to go then that would be the one we would 'vote off the Island'. It's funny that they are slowly removing Paramount's mistakes. Most on this site used to be of the opinion that they should keep unpopular rides because some people like them and still ride them. I didn't buy that, thinking that bad eggs can spoil the bunch. Terp hinted at activity in this area long ago if you recall.

• Like 3