2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

I'd rather see this kind of TLC

84cf2f3360df5563b5518c4de07c544b.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Unless you have particular plans or ideas for that plot of land or feel that the ride is unsafe (and I can assure you that neither it nor any other Kings Island coaster is unsafe), that seems like a pretty silly thing to want.

I don't find Diamondback to be particularly fun or exciting, so I just don't ride it very much... It keeps me from wasting my time with a boring ride, and it keeps me out of the line for the people who do like it. And people who do like it will stand in its line instead of the line for coasters that I like. Everybody wins and there is literally no down side to the deal whatsoever. If other people think it's great, then that's awesome for them. It being there does not harm me in any way. In fact, every coaster I don't care much for just keeps that many more people out of the lines for the ones I do.

- homestar92, just saying... I don't get why everyone who doesn't like a given coaster always demands it be torn down...

• Like 20

You know we're talking about an ARROW designed and manufactured ride right? You know. A ride that will try to destroy your head due to roughness? And a ride that is beginning to be harder to maintain due to parts missing.

Yes it's still could be fun but it's starting to really run its course in history. Maybe a few more years.

• Like 1

A ride that will try to destroy your head due to roughness?

Are we talking about the blue coaster in Coney Mall or the blue coaster in Action Zone? Because only one of those has ever "destroyed my head". As such, I avoid riding it and leave it for those who like it. No skin off my back. Nobody's forcing me to ride it, so its simply existing certainly isn't doing me any harm.

And a ride that is beginning to be harder to maintain due to parts missing.

That's why it's still missing its chain after it broke in 2011, right? I don't know where this myth comes from. Arrow parts are in NO short supply. At all. If/when Vortex is removed, lack of available replacement parts will NOT be the reason why.

• Like 16

^^Last I checked, Vortex still has a lot of people who like the ride as well.  I've had quite a few rather smooth rides on it myself, including this season. 

Also, who said that it was hard to maintain and there were parts missing?  S&S still puts out parts for Arrow coasters.  There are also plenty of Arrow loopers older than Vortex still running including the original Arrow looper- Knott's Corkscrew now at Silverwood.   

• Like 14

I enjoyed 3 wonderful rides on it just yesterday. And I agree with Homestar, I'd rather go to a fight night at SFA, than ride that infernal Vekoma boomerang in AZ. Doesn't mean I want it torn down. I've said it before, each ride holds memories for people. Some love rides others hate. To each their own. Any ride being retired hurts the overall experience for someone.

Not to mention this particular ride, as I remember, broke 3 records when it opened. It's historical significance alone should be enough to buy it a few more years.  But, then again, history seems to mean little to most any more. 

• Like 10

I can ride Vortex once per visit.  Twice, if it's the last one for the day more or less.  Instant headache---can't help it, but ride it anyway.  Still, it's fun, and one of the great rides to just stand and watch.  It just screams "not your day job".  :-)

• Like 8

People mistake not smooth as glass as rough. I expect things made today to be better than something 30 years ago.

Ride Vortex and Adventure Express and Invertigo on Wednesday. Walked off Invertigo and AE with massive headaches... Ride Vortex and had nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Once the front focal weenie for NJFTP was Great American Scream Machine...

A fine Arrow multi-looping coaster, the spiritual antecedent to Vortex.

It proudly dominated the parking lot.

And then, suddenly, with little warning, it became the first of the two great white coasters that were to leave the park regardless of popularity, rideabilty, or many other factors.

• Like 7

I adore Vortex; just wish it wasn't so rough on me (I think its mostly me aging, not the ride, used to be able to ride that thing a ton as a kid)  Its got a great first drop, the double loop was as exciting as a kid as it is today, a relatively smooth corkscrew, bat wing is a bit too rough, but unique.  My son rode it a handful of times when he was 4/5 two seasons ago, then for whatever reason, he didn't ask to go on it at all last season, so neither did I.  All of a sudden, after riding Corkscrew at Valleyfair (and complaining about it a ton, I had to force him to take a 2nd ride on it when my wife's cousins showed up) he's taken a liking to Vortex again.  With my wife pregnat, it falls on me to ride with him, I just worn him that I'm likely done for a bit riding coasters after Vortex.  Anywyas, having not ridden it in 2 seasons, I find that I love it just as much as I did as a kid, and would (will be) sad when its removed.  I'm sure something fantastic would rise again in that space, its doubtful that it will hold the memories; obviously it won't span from my youth into my children's youth the way Vortex does and hopefully will for at least another decade or so, if not longer.

• Like 7

Pretty soon, there's gonna be a park just for rides nobody on KIC likes.  We'll call it Bi*ch City.  Instead of a complaint Department, there will be a Compliment Booth - and you can go there to tell the pretty girl that you had a simply wonderful ride on....whatever.

Of course, this will leave our beloved park completely vacant because once anyone from KIC complains about a ride, it gets removed and sent to the new park.

What a way to make extra bucks for Cedar Fair.

And - they can take all of those games that award basketballs to the new park.  Everyone there is complaining about things anyway, so let them be the ones to get the headaches from the sounds of bouncing balls.

2016 - I can't wait!

• Like 6