2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

So what attractions that aren't either Racer opened with the park?

All I can think of are Scrambler, Monster, Viking Fury, and the Grand Carousel. And I'm not even sure about Viking Fury. Not sure if Dodgems would count since it was originally in a different location and therefore technically it was a different ride, since it probably had a different configuration.

So original things to KI, that still exist...

Racers

Eiffel Tower

Dodge 'ems

Woodstock Express

Monster

Scrambler

International Street Bandstand

International Street Theater

Grand Carousel

Beetle Bugs

Peanuts Off road Rally

Race for your life Charlie Brown

Railroad

List via a combination of my memory and Wiki (I know) filling in the blanks.  Since BoodaH mentioned "two things" and not just attractions, the list could be expanded to include things like the Tower Fountains, Entry Plaza, various floral arrangements (has the clock always been there?), etc...  things we take for granted seeing every season at KI, but don't fully appreciate.  They could get rid of Linus' Beetle Bugs and replace it with a larger version that adults could ride, and I'd rejoice, remove it all together with no version of the "whip it" and I'd be dissappointed.  If they got rid of the Train, I'd shrug, but mostly only because it feels like they do minimum maintenance to the areas that the train passes thru.  I'd rejoice if they could turn it back into a "mini-show" like they used to have.  The Tower and fountain are not going to be removed, though an update could work.  There is only 1 log flume in the park, can't be that, can it?  Racers?  Better not.  Woodstock Express?  Better not.  Scrambler and Monster, though I don't ride them, focus in on the nostalgia that Cedar Fair is targeting to bring back.  Same could be said for the Dodge 'ems, though I enjoy those greatly.

Which leads me to the International Theater and Band stand, combined with the written about search for classic rides coming back to Cedar Fair parks, the combination of removing both of those would make sense, though I'm not exactly sure how you'd put anything else in the space of the bandstand w/o messing up the view of the tower.  Then there is the picture of the survey sticks over by Tower Gardens, perhaps some classic flats to take the place of the Tower Gardens, floral Clock and International Show Stage, tied in with the Grand Carousel, as nostalgia corner, that would work for me.

• Like 3

So what attractions that aren't either Racer opened with the park?

All I can think of are Scrambler, Monster, Viking Fury, and the Grand Carousel. And I'm not even sure about Viking Fury. Not sure if Dodgems would count since it was originally in a different location and therefore technically it was a different ride, since it probably had a different configuration.

Viking Fury is not a ride that was there in 1972.  

• Like 2

Considering the photo they used, Don's mentioning of all his rides on The Racer, and the 'rumblings' of 'two things' (not attractions) that have been there since opening and experienced by so many...

There are two trains on Racer (edit: if you just consider Red and Blue). Both would need removed (replaced) if it gets RMC'ed...

Considering the photo they used, Don's mentioning of all his rides on The Racer, and the 'rumblings' of 'two things' (not attractions) that have been there since opening and experienced by so many...

There are two trains on Racer. Both would need removed (replaced) if it gets RMC'ed...

You might be on to something here. Although there are actually 4 trains.

Maybe they're getting new trains for one side so they can bring back the Backwards Racer?

Kings Island would not get rid of The Racer..

But I am questioning Action Theater. Would anyone like to get a photo to see if any of the "Urgent Scare" items are in place right now? Since a lot of other haunts are being worked on?

As of Friday there were some "bodies" out on stretchers in front of the doors, visible from The Racer.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think we're being messed with.

Firstly, if Racer was going to be removed, I would imagine that we would have been given similar warning to that given to Thunder Road - at least a month of regular season time.

Secondly, the wording about "two things" seems intentionally vague. If The Racer was planned to be removed, it would make far more sense to refer to it as "one attraction," as that's exactly what it is. "Two things" could easily refer to the abandoned Skyride footer and the remnant poles from Der Spinning Keggers, and knowing who we're dealing with, it'll probably be something far more inconsequential than the park's (tied for) oldest roller coaster.

Thirdly, the fact that the comment about "two things" was directed directly towards this fansite tells me that those who know are probably just having some fun at our expense/drumming up enthusiasm.

But then again, maybe not.

• Like 10

I agree with CoasterOhio.  They wouldn't get rid of The Racer.  It has too much history.  It would have more of a goodbye tour than just the last few weekends of the season and the haunt.  It may get some treatment at sometime, but that wouldn't qualify as a removal.

• Like 6