2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

Guys The Racer is getting reversed. I have several reasons why.

1. Two things being removed. We took it wrong, the "two things" could be rides, or PARTS OF RIDES (trains).

2. What trains are replacing our set of two trains? Thanks Carowinds for two trains.

3. Why are these two trains important? I believe The Racer was made to run forwards again, since the head rest was not supported by the train body. KD's had more supported headrests, but not to the degree that Thunder Road did. Supposedly, this lack of support may have affected liabilities with insurance.

• Like 3

I thought of that being a possibility. But the problem is that Kings Island is getting two trains from Thunder Road, which had four cars each. If one side of The Racer is getting their trains replaced by Thunder Roads former trains, it wouldn't be fair, as the trains on The Racer run with five cars, unless both sides are each getting a new train, but then it would become a capacity nightmare.

Guys The Racer is getting reversed. I have several reasons why.

1. Two things being removed. We took it wrong, the "two things" could be rides, or PARTS OF RIDES (trains).

2. What trains are replacing our set of two trains? Thanks Carowinds for two trains.

3. Why are these two trains important? I believe The Racer was made to run forwards again, since the head rest was not supported by the train body. KD's had more supported headrests, but not to the degree that Thunder Road did. Supposedly, this lack of support may have affected liabilities with insurance.

Cedar Fair is self insured.

• Like 8

I think the thing it'll miss most is making eye contact with others before the pseudo "race," but we all know that the fun really starts once you come to a complete stop.

Out with the old.

Dodgem?

Edited to avoid one-word post, then again to insert quote for context.

Not that I'm really qualified to comment, as I never got a chance to ride Son of Beast, but I've heard very mixed reviews regarding its layout. Some really loved it. Some found it to be incredibly mediocre.

EDIT: Nevermind, you were suggesting a redesigned layout. That would be something entirely different.

Those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know, as is often repeated here.

My prediction is that something is being added and/or something is getting removed and/or something is being changed, and we'll find out the specifics tomorrow.

And you can quote me on that if I'm right ;)

• Like 14

Speaking of unusual member activity...

I think the thing it'll miss most is making eye contact with others before the pseudo "race," but we all know that the fun really starts once you come to a complete stop.

Out with the old.

Is that a troll I smell? :)

I meant what I said and I said what I meant.

• Like 6

I have been bummed with the removal of KCKC & the Antique Cars.

But variations of each can be found at other parks.

Racer though? This one would sting for quite a long time.

Business is business, and often times it sucks and tastes like garbage.

I hope for a redo to how Racer was back in the mid/ late 70's.

Hope.

• Like 6

I go back and see one post from BoddaH1994 saying, "I'm hearing rumblings about two things from 1972...".  And then the 'two things' theory took off from there.  Does anyone else have reason to believe the 'two things' suggestion has merit beyond that one post?  Or did everyone just run with it?

• Like 4