2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

What doesn't make sense to me is if they are removing the train why did Don post on YouTube just 3 months ago a video about the train? Here is the description for that video below. 

Many people today have never been on a train. And still fewer people have been on a real steam train. That’s why Kings Island’s railroad appeals to guests of all ages. Kings Island’s locomotives have been at the park since it opened in 1972 and are scale replicas of the famous 1800’s locomotive known as The General, which was the subject of the Great Locomotive Chase of the American Civil War. Although Kings Island’s engines are fired by propane rather than coal, the 400-gallon boilers on each engine provide plenty of capacity to make them real authentic steam-spitting locomotives. Each of the two engines – Blue No. 12 and Green No. 19 – pulls six coaches and when both trains are filled to capacity, 960 guests can be on the rail at one time. Soon after the trains pull out of the “old” depot on the 36-inch gauge track, passengers pass under the first drop of the Diamondback roller coaster and over a 65-foot natural ravine on a steel and wood trestle. The track winds through several fields, stopping at the Soak City Waterpark. After dropping off and picking up guests at the 33-acre waterpark, the trains then loop around through woods and back into the depot. A round trip on the train covers 1-1/4 miles of track. The Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad has given more than 52 million rides since 1972, the second-most in the park’s 43-year history. It’s record-year was 1973, when 2,378,749 rides were given.

What doesn't make sense to me is if they are removing the train why did Don post on YouTube just 3 months ago a video about the train? Here is the description for that video below. 

Many people today have never been on a train. And still fewer people have been on a real steam train. That’s why Kings Island’s railroad appeals to guests of all ages. Kings Island’s locomotives have been at the park since it opened in 1972 and are scale replicas of the famous 1800’s locomotive known as The General, which was the subject of the Great Locomotive Chase of the American Civil War. Although Kings Island’s engines are fired by propane rather than coal, the 400-gallon boilers on each engine provide plenty of capacity to make them real authentic steam-spitting locomotives. Each of the two engines – Blue No. 12 and Green No. 19 – pulls six coaches and when both trains are filled to capacity, 960 guests can be on the rail at one time. Soon after the trains pull out of the “old” depot on the 36-inch gauge track, passengers pass under the first drop of the Diamondback roller coaster and over a 65-foot natural ravine on a steel and wood trestle. The track winds through several fields, stopping at the Soak City Waterpark. After dropping off and picking up guests at the 33-acre waterpark, the trains then loop around through woods and back into the depot. A round trip on the train covers 1-1/4 miles of track. The Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad has given more than 52 million rides since 1972, the second-most in the park’s 43-year history. It’s record-year was 1973, when 2,378,749 rides were given.

Well. unfortunately I was unable to see a live stream. WLWT only showed black box for me the whole time, and the stream link recently posted only gave audio for 5 seconds. Oh well, this looks like it'll be a nice, fun, and thrilling new slide. More importantly, taking the crowds away from the other slides :) But I can't wait to ride these!

• Like 1

This is a great announcement!  I actually just saw a commercial for KI this week and it showed a slide complex just like this.  I was thinking to myself that is kind of deceiving because Kings Island does not have anything like this.  

• Like 5

Hopefully they'll repave the parking lot with the new parking tolls. ;)

Fellow fans of the classic rides at Kings Island- I want you to close your eyes and take a deep breath, maybe put on a relaxing tune.  Our favorite rides are safe.

I love this.  I always saw KI's slide collection as being small and out of date.  Love the drop door concept and the shorter inner tube slides look fun as well.  I'm a huge fan of having a feeling of free fall on slides, which is why I missed the Fast Trak slides.  I will have to get used to seeing a slide only about 20 ft short of Racer's height, though.   

Won't be at KI next season for reasons beyond my control, but I will definitely look forward to this in 2017! 

Thank you Kings Island and Cedar Fair!

• Like 8

So now I need to use the new toll booths I guess! Hopefully the automated passholder line is efficient and doesn't take forever to get through. If there are only like 2 or 3 passholder lanes, I can see that backing up quickly.

I'm also glad to see Soak City get some love. I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago how miserable it was over there, so hopefully this addition really helps. It needed the work!

• Like 5