2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

Personally, I was fine with today's announcement. The park has been getting some pretty sweet additions in recent years in relation to coasters, so I don't really mind seeing Soak City getting some love. I'm just glad those Racer rumors were squashed quickly. Wouldn't really make too much sense for a certified classic to be yanked out of the park like that. :-/

• Like 14

1. If this were Cedar Point the major announcement would just be that there will be an announcement. Notice the camera angle. Hmmmmmmmm.

2. I am also hearing rumblings that two things that have been at the park since 1972 that virtually everybody has experienced will be removed to make way for something new.

3. I think the thing it'll miss most is making eye contact with others before the pseudo "race," but we all know that the fun really starts once you come to a complete stop. Out with the old.

Does anyone want to try to explain these now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

In context, they are all easily explainable. I'll do the last two, and let someone else do 1.

2. The two structures leaving are North and South tolls. Nearly everyone (except employees) has come through them. Most employees have too at some point.

3. The race is from the tolls to a parking space. Pass holders will no longer have to look a toll taker in the eye, if they have a parking pass, which comes on Gold and Platinum. (Automated, dedicated lanes).

Sometimes the best clues are the ones in plain view/hearing. Just as Greg said yesterday...okay, okay, Greg and Don, I'll....stop.

• Like 8

And Platinum Passes?

Cedar Point have the platinum passes on sale right now. If you buy a new platinum you get free admission for one day in 2015. If you are a renewal you get a free fast pass valid any 2015 day (except Saturday). They seem the same price wise as last year.

Info on KI's 2016 passes are on the main KI site now.

We have 4 Gold passes, currently. I want to upgrade to Platinum. Does anybody know if that is considered a 'new' pass or a 'renewal'? Do you think it would be best to handle that transaction at the park (aka dealing with a human being)?

And Platinum Passes?

Cedar Point have the platinum passes on sale right now. If you buy a new platinum you get free admission for one day in 2015. If you are a renewal you get a free fast pass valid any 2015 day (except Saturday). They seem the same price wise as last year.

Info on KI's 2016 passes are on the main KI site now.

We have 4 Gold passes, currently. I want to upgrade to Platinum. Does anybody know if that is considered a 'new' pass or a 'renewal'? Do you think it would be best to handle that transaction at the park (aka dealing with a human being)?

Contact the park for the best answer, but last year I upgraded my sons Gold to Platinum and did the renewal and typed in his old # and that did the trick. Then when we came the first time we went to the pass processing and got his pass replaced to a platinum card.

Question about the new toll booths... how are they going to enforce people sharing their passes to get free parking? There will be no visual confirmation a person is the actual pass holder, or do they not even check that now?

I have recognized that when I enter the park they refer to me by name, but when I'm going through the toll booth they do not. Could be coincidence, could be they just get a go/no-go on the pass being good for parking. I'm guessing it means they do not have the visual that the folks at the main gate get when they scan the pass.

• Like 3

I have been riding in the back seat of a car, had the driver hand my pass to the attendant, and not seen them even glance toward the seat I was in before waving us through. For that reason, I don't think they get visual confirmation. Or perhaps they do, but the park does not see this as a big enough concern that they want to avoid an automated system because of it.

• Like 2

On my most recent visit to Cedar Point, the parking attendant commented on my picture.

At Carowinds, I presented exscream team's pass for parking. The parking attendant looked at me like I had two heads until I pointed to the passenger seat.

The automated lanes in 2016 will almost certainly feature camera(s).

• Like 2

Quick question regarding the new toll booths, with the Season Pass lines not having an attendant and being automated, if a Season Pass holder wishes to upgrade parking to the fancy "up close and personal" spots, how will that work? 

Have to wait and see if they put out more information or contact the park next season. but my best guess would be the Gold/Platinum pass lanes will likely just be for regular parking and if you want to upgrade you'll have to go to a regular toll.

• Like 2

The new toll will be in the north lot. I wonder if the acces will loop around in front of Great Wolf and enter through the current North exit since I 71 north will have direct access to exit from across from Soak City? Or will the KI drive just be expanded into an acces road that feeds into the north parking lot from the south. Also, will those wishing only to go to Soak City have a parking bypass lane to skip directly to that area?

• Like 1

I really like that they are putting attention on Soak City and the Toll booth is a GREAT bonus. I'm still holding out for a new impressive peanuts themed dark ride. :P  With that being said, I have no interest in Soak City but I know a lot of kids and teenagers, young adults in my life that adore and make Soak City a day in the park.

• Like 2

They have never checked the identity of the passholder at the tolls any time I went through. Last year, when I hadn't processed my pass yet, my nephew got out of the car behind me, walked up, handed me his pass in clear sight of the attendant and there were no problems.

Now that I say they, they will put new policies in place next year. lol

• Like 1

I don't think the stuff about tearing down Racer has entirely to do with how people feel about it.  Throughout the day leading up to the announcement, the Enquirer was heavily hinting towards a change to Racer of some sort.  I'm guessing some people are put off about the rumor not coming true, regardless of if they like it or not. Another rumor circulating among the GP was an RV park, which I see many people also complaining about.  

Also, I feel those comments don't represent a majority of KI's fan base anyhow.  I see enough people who genuinely enjoy Racer on each of my visits to reassure myself of that.  

Only one source said that two original things were being removed from the park: KIC.  If you ever wondered about the media power of this site and its social media... there you go.

Notice that some people nailed which two things were being removed, but were drowned out a post later with Racer speculation.

For those who think that Cedar Point has it going on with their social, the park put out one Tweet: that there would be an announcement.  Fan site guy throws a couple of things up there.  #1 trend on Facebook.  Local media goes crazy.

And yes, although Don and I are archenemies, we sometimes team up to make your lives just a little more interesting.  :)

• Like 8

The popcorn's also good here.

Buy the refillable bucket.

Or go and buy a pail of Pop Corn from Hollywood Studios (MGM for some of us older park guests), universal and interesting to carry onto a space attraction. One of the best places(and only place for me) to get pop corn, along with Mickey Mouse Ice Cream and or frozen bananas.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...