2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

I am also hearing rumblings that two things that have been at the park since 1972 that virtually everybody has experienced will be removed to make way for something new.

I find a bit intrigue in the part I italicized.  Perhaps its not a ride, but some other thing like the main entrance or the fountain that'll get a makeover or something.  Maybe a spruce up of the Eiffel Tower or KIMVRR?

• Like 4

Whatever happens tomorrow has to be the answer for why The Racer has been shown no love over the past few years.  Looks a shambles of it's former self.

I am calling for a re-do, new paint, new lights, new track, the works. 

Of course, that means they will bulldoze it...lol

• Like 2

Well, the "two things" could be both sides of The Racer.  On a possibly related note, the "Coney Mall" sign did strangely not return this year.  Could they be "going in a different direction" with Coney Mall?  Hopefully this isn't the case.

• Like 7

If Racer gets removed it will be a sad day in KI's history. Racer is still a popular ride and it has given the most rides in the parks History. Maybe they are adding something to Coney Mall? Please do not announce The Racer is being removed tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Could it be possible that they're only removing one side of The Racer? Maybe to open up that area near Action Theater for future park expansion / a new themed area?

Anywho. I do agree those "two things" most certainly do not have to be rides or attractions. They could be little things. Like that one water fountain on International Street that's been there since 1972...

I don't think it's the removal of The Racer or the addition of any new ride. If everybody has experienced it since 1972...EVERYBODY...then that must mean it's something you can't escape from experiencing. Such as the parking lot, the front gate, or the fountains. 

• Like 6