2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

Would love to get a new flat ride or two. Think the grassy area behind the Eiffel Tower is perfect for a couple like a tilt-a-whirl or such. Should be pretty cheap installations for ones like that to get a couple. A new big thrill ride, maybe in X-Base, would be a great addition too.

That'd be my top choice but be fine with a new slide tower at Soak City too. It could really use some additions.

When the park expands X base, I would encourage them to build a restroom building as well! As it is, the nearest ones are at either end of Coney.

Yes.. its a lot nicer how CP seems to have more restrooms than you could think to use. "Oh I need to go, I know we just passed one around the bend there-- oh, there's one here too!"

---

And I'm all for the whole TLC year.. but do it right. I would love if Kings Island became one of the cleanest parks, in terms of aesthetics. Some bigger parks, I see videos of them and it's dumbfounding how clean cut everything looks. Kings Island is pretty good even still, but I'm all for for even better!

• Like 7

They should expand and retheme Action Zone. There is plenty of room left from the Son of Beast removal and if they take down the old station they would have room for a path back there and it might also bring people to The Bat again.

I'd love to see more around that area. I like The Bat, but the walk from where its line 'starts' to the actual ride is prohibitive, IMO. If there were other things in the area that shared part of that queue space (it's really just a sidewalk for a large portion of it), I'm pretty sure I'd ride The Bat more than I do (once this season, and that may be it).

• Like 2

Keep in mind that 2017 is KIs 45th anniversary. They might hold out for a major attraction until then. And in only 7 years KI would be 50 years old!!!! Where the heck did time go!!!

Wow... 7 years until the park turns 50.  Hey, wait a minute!  I was born the same year the park opened.... that means I'll be 50 in 7 years too!  Thanks, upstop! :(   (I'm just teasing you, upstop... I'm fine with that.  I definitely don't feel 42 now and have a much younger mindset than many people my age.)

After riding Dorney Park's Whip, I want one much much closer. The little kids shouldn't be the only ones enjoying that experience!

Or even closer than other parks that people have mentioned, there's Stricker's Grove.  They let adults ride the kiddie Whip there.  I've ridden it several times over the past few years!

• Like 12

After riding Dorney Park's Whip, I want one much much closer. The little kids shouldn't be the only ones enjoying that experience!

Or even closer than other parks that people have mentioned, there's Stricker's Grove.  They let adults ride the kiddie Whip there.  I've ridden it several times over the past few years!

Gah! Good to know!

I'm just feeling a bit whiny and want one at the park I visit the most. :) Riding that with the youngest niece and nephew would be so much fun and full of giggles. I can't stand it!

• Like 5

Well.....While some of us are talking about flats we would like to see.....

I thought I'd mention this one:

Looks like tons of fun!

Any of you guys tried one of these out?

It would be awesome to see one of these in the old Flight Commander area, though I'm not sure there would be enough room.....

• Like 8

You know I've heard rumors about Vortex for a few years. If that ride is ever taken out I would shed a tear, but at the same time, they have a good patch of land right there that could do wonders with that land. It's too bad that Cedar Fair doesn't do business with Intamin anymore because I would vote for something like Fahrenheit to go there.

Another point I wanted to bring up is, what is going on with that one theater over by Racer? Are they using that for anything? I would vote for the dark ride to go in there in the future. Perfect spot for it! :)

Looks like tons of fun!

It would be awesome to see one of these in the old Flight Commander area, though I'm not sure there would be enough room.....

That's awesome; I love those things (visually; I've not ridden one yet). I thought one of those would be awesome in the "big grassy" area next to the International Showplace.  Here's a pic of an idea from a couple of years ago.

Glydra.png

• Like 6

^^ The Theater between The Racer is being used for the "Urgent Scare" Haunt attraction. It is only used as a haunt attraction at this time.

And if any location at Kings Island is going to get Cedar Fair's dark ride concept... It's going to be Boo Blasters. Let's face it, the ride has ran it's course. 

• Like 3

(video)

Looks like tons of fun!

TMNT Shell Shock at Nickelodeon Universe. Quite enjoyable, and each rider can decide how much spinning they do.

• Like 4

I just want some paint, some fountains, and some better food. Not too hard to ask. I'm easy to please in the parks. Give me an area to stroll, some fun things to ride with friends, and a show or two worth my time. Aside from that, it's the environment and escape from the normal ebb and flow of the world I enjoy.

Why people spend time on their phones texting, messaging, and taking selfies I'll never understand. Other than to meet people in the park or respond to business emails and inquiries, my phone isn't used. My time is better spent with people I'm around. 

• Like 9

(video)

Looks like tons of fun!

TMNT Shell Shock at Nickelodeon Universe. Quite enjoyable, and each rider can decide how much spinning they do.

I cant wait to ride that ride, being the turtle maniac that I am. Heading back to visit college friends here soon in Minnesota, so its only a matter of time before I am able to check it out. Many many pictures will be taken. 

• Like 2

Considering a lack of visible work, markings, or clues, I'd suspect something along the lines of last years announcement, or some project that we may not be able to see anything being done. This really does lead me to suspect a dark ride or a TLC year for the park with a small additions where needed like this season.

• Like 2