2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

Kings Island seemingly gets more attention from a mystery stage than Ed Hart's PR minions do for a $15 million ride.

Imagine if KK had a real and unfettered marketing machine.

On a Kings Island based enthusiast website, yes.  KK's very poor handling of the SC announcement garnered plenty of attention on other enthusiast sites. 

I do agree, however.  Mr Mulcahy needs to be more unfettered.  I do not know his professional credentials, but he seems to have some passion for KK and I assume the industry.  He was involved with the "saveourpark" campaign.

• Like 4

Getting back to stunt coaster, while its a bit Gaudi, I think it serves its function greatly, and would create an even larger hole in the park's lineup that I think needs an addition, namely that "middle" coaster for kids graduating from Planet Snoopy but too timid to get on The Beast, Vortex, etc...  Ideally, I'd like to see something in the 42" or 44" height requirement, a good Mouse could fit the picture or something like Firechaser express would be awesome.  Many younger kids (and adults) won't ride Vortex, inversions, rough transitions, height, etc.. make it intimidating.  For many (like my mother in law who will ride Diamondback and Banshee), The Beast and Racers are too "rough", plus the The Beast can be a bit intimidating to young kids, b/w the name and that you don't see much of the ride from the the station.

Meanwhile, I see many adults, of all ages, willing to ride Stunt Coaster with their kids/grandkids.  For the most part, its a fun ride, with a bit of theming that is different than anything else in the park.  Aside from Stunt Coaster, you've got Adventure Express, maybe The Racers if its not too rough for the parents (or too tall for the just turned 48" crowd) and The Bat (again, if its not too tall for the just turned 48" crowd) plus Flying Ace Arial Chase at 42".  I think it fits perfectly into that "not too intimidating" for kids but "fun enough" for adults hole that KI could use an addition to, not a subtraction from.  Yes, it could use a revamp in themeing, why have the "highway" signs be tied to L.A., why not switch to Cincy area themes?  Or changing the whole thing to a western theme and anexing it into rivertown would be great.  Instead of a helicopter, you might have a "shootout" at the OK Coral.  There is a lot of life left in that ride, it would be a shame to tear it down.

• Like 10

I agree, I think BLSC is great mid-thrill level coaster and good for moving kids, or people newer to coasters, up to bigger ones. Racer and AE are the main other ones of that size range an they can both be rough, BLSC is really smooth.  think the coaster itself is great. The theming is a little gaudy and out of place there but not too bad, but even as that is the main issue that is an easy fix. can retheme it to fit into either Coney Mall or Rivertown.

• Like 2

I'd like to see BLSC moved to the area between the giant metal box and The Beast, rethemed to a Rivertown motif, and the area where Les Taxis/Flying Eagles were restored to a more classic look with some flats and new antique cars.

Not that this will ever happen; CF seems to be about de-theming rather that maintaining/enhancing themes in the parks (except for Planet Snoopy and what they are doing at KD.)

• Like 7

Maybe we could have a set of Cedar Point's antique cars, considering that they have two of them (I'm not entirely sure why though - anyone able to explain that?). I would love to see some again, but I don't know if anyone makes them any more. They were generally made by Arrow (the same one that made Vortex, The Bat and Adventure Express), which went belly up in 2002. S&S did buy out the assets of Arrow, but mostly coaster-related things (parts, the runaway mine train design, etc.).

• Like 3

Nobody who has listened to Matt Ouimet thinks that any Cedar Fair park is getting a dark ride next year.

Matt has said that there are no Amusement Dark™ installations in the pipeline.  They're working on them, but a pipeline typically contains only ready-to-build products.  In other words?  They don't have any ready yet.

So..  I don't think so.  Maybe 2017, but not 2016.

• Like 6

Or The Learning Channel (hah!) or...my favorite, T-Boz, Left Eye, Chilli.

Actually, TLC is really TCFKATLC, or The Channel Formerly Known As "The Learning Channel".

Nowadays, viewers "learn" about the "reality" of living as dwarves or giants or Amish, or being unhealthily overweight, or having numerous children, baking cakes, being addicted to "strange" things, ending up in an ER because of bedroom (or elsewhere) activities...  The list goes on.

• Like 12

I think FastPay is only at Dorney. I picked up a brochure when I went there. 

And on the subject on TLC, did you know that Left-Eye's last song was a guest rap on *Nsync's "Space Cowboys"?  B)

I knew that! I used to crank that CD in my car and jam to it back in 2000. 

"If you wanna fly, come and take a ride, take a space ride with a cow boy bay-bay!"

Good times B)

• Like 3

Dude, I still listen to that CD; in fact, I listened to part of a song driving to work this morning! Gotta love *Nsync... part (well, 95%) of the reason why I loved The Boyz are Back so much was 'cause I grew up when Nsync and Backstreet Boys were huge and that show was like seeing *Nsync in concert for me!  :D

• Like 2