Retro Kings Island shirts

Kyle100991

I made my first trip of the year to the park on Sunday and one of the shops on International Street has some retro Kings Island shirts. The have shirts for King Cobra, the original Bat, and old style Beast shirt and a grand opening Kings Island shirt from 1972. I got the King Cobra shirt for my mom because that was her favorite ride. I love these shirts and I hope they get more shirts of old rides.

• Like 8

I made my first trip of the year to the park on Sunday and one of the shops on International Street has some retro Kings Island shirts. The have shirts for King Cobra, the original Bat, and old style Beast shirt and a grand opening Kings Island shirt from 1972. I got the King Cobra shirt for my mom because that was her favorite ride. I love these shirts and I hope they get more shirts of old rides.

I'm a sucker for retro...I bought all three. 

• Like 7

:unsure: Uh, I guess so. Maybe. I don't know, really. In fact, I really don't know much at all. I say a lot of darnest things myself every now and again. No doubt, it is much to the chagrin of many a nearby bystander. Who am I to complain? It's really not very important at all, when it all comes down to the brass tax.  I mean, when taking a purely observational approach to analyzing the full, robust meaning of life - to stand back and take it all in from 50,000 feet (figuratively speaking, of course), there's a certain, invigorating quality that comes from determining which word, or phrase, or anecdote to describe something of beauty (most especially to this beholder, I assure you). Emotionally, it is like the breeze of the early summer across a field of lovely

[A giant, naked foot comes down and squashes Thrill_Biscuit]

• Like 3

I can do some personal shopping for coaster posters when I'm there later this week. I know I've seen posters in one of the shops but can't remember which one and didn't look to see what they were.

Thanks, I'm gonna be heading there after my trip to Silver Dollar City, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

When I went to Emporium early in the season, they didn't have my size.  I stopped back in on Coasting for Kids day and they finally had them in 2XL, so I had to get Bat and King Cobra shirts.  I learned the hard way a few years ago when I saw a shirt in my size early in the season that I liked (light blue with the "classic Kings Island typeface" aka Olde English, and a list of the opening year rides), only to wait and not be able to find it in 2XL ever again.

I posted on Facebook about finding these shirts in my size and quickly got two requests from friends, one asking me to pick up a Bat shirt and the other asking me to pick up a King Cobra shirt!

• Like 1

The KI Olde English shirts (at least the long sleeved ones) I thought were reasonably priced at around $20 before your gold/plat pass discount.  They come in light grey and blue.  I was looking for an XL but didnt see any, but if I find one on my next trip there, I'll def purchase one.  The cotton felt soft and not rough like some other cheap Ts (cough cough Banshee First Rider cough cough.  Then again, it was free, so I'm not complaining :) )

• Like 1

I can do some personal shopping for coaster posters when I'm there later this week. I know I've seen posters in one of the shops but can't remember which one and didn't look to see what they were.

Thanks, I'm gonna be heading there after my trip to Silver Dollar City, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I looked yesterday, and the ones I remembered seeing were generic ones, not KI specific. I was unable to find any others. Sorry :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a photo I snapped about two weeks ago of the retro shirts.  Note that they also have some different colored t-shirts with just the old style Kings Island font on a separate display.  

The blue shirt on the bottom left says "Opening Spring 1972" and lists the rides that opened with the park.

A huge kudos to Kings Island for having this type of merchandise!  I hope it is selling.  Now if I could just get an Adventure Express shirt...

f35ka1c2esb9q5zzg.jpg

• Like 6

^ Bad link..

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL/zcu7nNcGAWXDuLGUteMYwnjdj4_LsVUpvor8knsOpNBPgyxgqzfV5hapbJR__KJbzQHBQqCDABOnufQ=w1896-h791-rw from this server. (Client IP address: 68.41.170.183)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

• Like 3

I learned the hard way a few years ago when I saw a shirt in my size early in the season that I liked (light blue with the "classic Kings Island typeface" aka Olde English, and a list of the opening year rides), only to wait and not be able to find it in 2XL ever again.

The blue shirt on the bottom left says "Opening Spring 1972" and lists the rides that opened with the park.

Yay, they have those shirts again!  I'm probably going to the park tomorrow, hopefully they have them in my size.  Thanks for posting the picture Pagoda!

• Like 2

I just found the website for this local Cincinnati shirt company.  There are some minor differences, but it seems possible that Kings Island is working with them on some of these shirts.  They obviously have permission to be using the logos.

They also have Son of Beast, Demon, and Phantom Theater shirts!

http://www.cincyshirts.com/index.php/cincyshirts/vintage-cincy-shirts/cincinnati-amusement-park-vintage-shirts.html

• Like 2