Can anybody offer me a ticket for purchase to Cedar Point for Monday 6/6 Please?

KingsIsland1972

Hello Everyone.  I am going through a divorce and have been fighting for custody for my son since last October.  This weekend is my first weekend out with friends and we're going to Cedar Point Monday.  My day starts at Red White & Boom in Columbus Friday and then to Canton, Ohio where I am an Alumni for the Bluecoats Drum & Bugle Corps and us Alumni started a group called Rhythm In Blue and will be performing (trumpet) with the Bluecoats for their Fireworks Celebration Saturday Night.  Then my friends have an open day Sunday in Sandusky and I don't have much money except for food and I've volunteered to be the days photographer instead of paying for attractions and on Monday we're all going to CP but I don't have my ticket yet and was hoping somebody might have one they could sell to me please.  It's my first trip EVER to CP and as a loyal KI Season pass holder, I haven't been able to enjoy it much as I watch my 10 month old daily (which caused me to miss Coasting for Kids this year) and then every other weekend I am the videographer for my Church for the online broadcast around the world.  So, this was a one week ago decision and I thought I could come up with enough cash to get me there but something came up and had to pay a bill.  I have the food option pass here at KI and the lady said it was $155 extra to upgrade, so I decided that just a ticket will do.  Please, if you have an extra or spare or your work offers discount tickets other than the Weekday price from CP for $46...could you call or text me Please?  937.238.4252  I'm in the New Carlisle/Medway/North of Dayton Area and will be happy to meet this afternoon or evening.  Thank you for allowing this post.  I usually post photos on here and haven't because of the stress of the divorce and spending as much time with my son as possible.  ~Brian

• Like 1

Platinum passholders can bring one friend for $39.99, in case your group includes anyone with a platinum pass. This is available online ($5.99 processing fee applies) or at any admissions window (no processing fee).

Select Meijer stores sell discount Cedar Point tickets. In Columbus, prices are $50 for general admission or $52 for general admission with unlimited soft drinks. Soft drinks cost $4-5 each, so the latter is a very good value if you already plan to purchase those. If you are an AAA member, prices may be a few dollars less at an AAA store than at Meijer; call your local AAA club for details.

You could look for people looking to resell tickets, on Craigslist for example. Be aware that there is a risk that a ticket purchased from an unofficial channel would not work. (eg. if it is counterfeit or if it was "purchased" with stolen credit card information)

• Like 2

Thank you for the advice. The Meijers option looks great to get all day drinks. I'm on my mobile so won't type much. I appreciate your help and none of my friends are season pass holders. So, I'm on my own. I can't wait to go. I made the mistake on the subject line as its for Monday 7/6

• Like 1

Obligatory reminder that (7oz) cups of water are always available free at food locations that sell drinks in cups. (Remember to drink enough fluids whether you have a drink wristband or not.)

Coca-Cola Freestyle machines dispense Powerade and "flavored water" products, which could be handy if you want a break from carbonated beverages but prefer something other than water.

• Like 2

I don't believe that those cups are 7 ounces, even though the bag they come in says so. One of these days I'm going to take a small plastic measuring cup into the park with me on a slow day, get a couple of Kinzel cups of water, and measure just how much water is in them.

And I might even see about recording continuous video of the whole thing, from ordering the cups to pouring them into the measuring cup, maybe even with a drop of food coloring so that the water shows up better on the video, and then upload the video to YouTube for everyone to see.

^ One fluid ounce of water weighs approximately one ounce; one milliliter of water weights approximately one gram. To be exact, one would need to use the density of water at the current temperature and pressure.

Measuring the weight of a substance (and then computing the volume) is sometimes easier than measuring the volume directly.

I know what a five-ounce cup looks like, and what a nine-ounce cup looks like, because I use both at home semi-regularly. I do not recall the Kinzel cup being remotely close to halfway between those two known sizes. Memory tells me, via comparison to the five-ounce cups on the side of my fridge, that the Kinzel cup is much closer to five ounces.

EDIT: I think carrying in a cheap plastic measuring cup would be easier than carrying in a scale. :)

Perceived value? Or maybe the bag I saw once was a misprint by the manufacturer? Or maybe I'm just curious? ;)

Part of this experiment, if I do choose to do it, would also be to compare how much liquid (and thus immediately drinkable) water is in a cup without ice versus a cup with ice, and thus how much extra you get by asking for it without ice. That comparison would only be indirectly connected to the actual cup capacity.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, I just took a measurement of a Kinzel cup from my recent trip to Kings Island.

kinzelcup.jpg

I tared the scale, filled the cup with water almost to the brim, and weighed the contents at 7.2 ounces. The temperature of the water was 24°C (76°F), and the atmospheric pressure was 1.0atm.

So, 6.9 fluid ounces. It presumably would have been 7 had I filled the cup more carefully.

• Like 4

Apparently the cup is larger than I thought it was, or maybe the "five-ounce" cups on the side of my fridge are actually larger than five ounces.

Regardless, the question of ice vs. no ice is still an interesting one that I could use to kill half an hour on a busy day when the lines are longer than I care to wait in.

• Like 1

While we're on the topic of volumes of water, it should be noted that it's possible to drink too much (as well as too little), and that thirst is not a reliable indicator for everyone.

Especially when spending time in hot weather, it's important to drink an appropriate amount of fluids and to spread your consumption throughout the day. When it's above 90°F at an amusement park, I generally aim for 2 Kinzel cups per hour. Your needs will vary; my water absorption (and loss) rates when exerting myself tend to be higher than average.

malem, did you remember to subtract the tare weight?

I tared the scale with the empty cup, so subtracting its weight was done automatically.

• Like 2

This is why I love this group so much.  I love all of you!!!!  I'm here in a dilemma and BADLY IN need of a Cedar Point Ticket and everyone's ADHD kicked in and we're talking about water.  You guys and gals haven't changed a bit over the years.   I'm also a photographer and would be willing to do $200 worth of photography plus prints for ONE TICKET to CP on MONDAY JULY 6th.  Can I work out a deal with anybody?  I will do your Senior Portraits for you or your children, I will do your Family Portrait or you name it...I'll take care of you.   Please let me know as this trip with my friends might not take place because I was the one with the Truck who could take everyone there safely and back and they were counting on me.  They are already paying for my hotel rooms each night.  I'm just dealing with my divorce and it's cost me SO MUCH MONEY that I'm constantly broke all the time.  I return the money into my business or my lawyer to get custody of my son.     Look squirrel. 

• Like 2

Apparently the cup is larger than I thought it was, or maybe the "five-ounce" cups on the side of my fridge are actually larger than five ounces.

I think you can do this without bringing in a measuring cup. You should bring your five-ounce cup and your nine-ounce cup. When you get to the park, ask for the water(in the 7 ounce cup). Also, find an empty twenty ounce bottle.

-Fill the twenty ounce bottle with water. Fill the 5 ounce cup four times, and it should empty the bottle if the cup is 5 ounces.

-Then test the nine ounce cup. Fill the 5 ounce cup, and pour it into the 9. Refill the 5 and fill the 9 to the top. Take the extra ounce from the 5 and place it inside the 20 ounce bottle. Repeat twenty times. If everything matches, then the 9 ounce cup is a correct measurement.

-Then test the seven ounce cup. Fill both the 5 and the 9 cups. Empty the 5 into the 7. Pour from the 9 into the 7 until the 7 is full, then empty the 7. If the remainder of the 9 fills the 7, then the 7 is 7.

• Like 3