Four Seen By Medics In New Alton Towers Collision

Just wanting to play devils advocate here but if you look at the comment section on the article, it seems as if this happened at KI and the article was written by a local Ohio paper it would've been posted under the "media overreacting" topic on this forum.

Please note that I am in no way downplaying the previous incident with The Smiler but according to the comments on this situation it seems like some people looking for a quick payday more than anything else. 

There has to be a twist...

Perhaps the twist you're referring to is an interview the media conducted with a local medium over there (after the fact) who claims the park is haunted and/or cursed by evil spirits that she has apparently seen there at different points.  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alton-towers-ghostbuster-claims-accident-hit-5991019

• Like 3

Perhaps the twist you're referring to is an interview the media conducted with a local medium over there (after the fact) who claims the park is haunted and/or cursed by evil spirits that she has apparently seen there at different points.  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alton-towers-ghostbuster-claims-accident-hit-5991019

Well no, I was quoting "Pinball Wizard" by The Who, since the ride was originally named Spinball Whizzer, and played that song outside.

• Like 2

Incidents aside.  How does a ride reopen soon after 2 trains impact each other?  Seems with recent history the park would have been smart to shut it down for the day to fully inspect the failure.  This should never happen on a coaster.

• Like 5

"On Thursday, Alton Towers apologized after customers were stranded on a monorail on the hottest day of the year....Around 80 passengers were stranded for an hour on the monorail train in sweltering temperatures of 82F."

Wow, sweltering temperatures of 82 degrees!  Is it just me, or does 82 degrees not seem too bad for a summer day.  Was there something more to that part of the story?

• Like 4

^^ Agreed, 82 doesn't seem like much to me, but I live in a place where temps in the 100s are almost an everyday occurrence. (Blech.) I don't think it typically gets that hot in England. They're used to cooler temperatures. If you're not used to that heat, it can seem really awful.

• Like 2