Shout Out Some Good News about KI

Miythandria

Good idea for the shout out.  Make sure you do it also at the Guest Services office near the entrance.  Our family has had passes for more than half of my life (I'll skip the age), in our time we've seen more than our share of 'disaffected' employees.  So, we've tried to make it a point to give a proper "shout out" to the exceptional when we observe it and leave a comment with Guest Services.

I don't know that it gets back to the employee- but I'm sure they would appreciate the call out from guests.

• Like 16

Even though I haven't been to many theme parks, I do have to shout out Kings Island's policy on single riders. My girlfriend does not enjoy roller coasters like I do (though with my encouragement I hope to break that), and dragging a friend out with me is not as easy as I'd like, so I very often ride as a single on rides. Kings Island has never once given me an ounce of guff about riding alone, which always makes my day a little bit better. Thanks for that, KI.

• Like 12

Shout out to all of the ride ops at Kings Island. All the workers I have seen at my few times at the park looked happy and motivated. Special shout out to Flight of Fear ride ops. Never have I seen so much enthusiasm in a ride crew. I love the taunting of riders before the launch. I'll never forget the time they said "Falcon.....Punch!" Right at our launch.

• Like 13

Shout out to all of the ride ops at Kings Island. All the workers I have seen at my few times at the park looked happy and motivated. Special shout out to Flight of Fear ride ops. Never have I seen so much enthusiasm in a ride crew. I love the taunting of riders before the launch. I'll never forget the time they said "Falcon.....Punch!" Right at our launch.

That's honestly amazing! As long as they have fun while keeping to the agenda and safety protocols, I'm all for it. I honestly love FoF's Ride Ops. I love how they scare new riders with the whole empty train thing. My last 2 times for FoF, the ride host? would ask if we wanted a countdown. Course most would say yes, and so the first time she said "OK, in" *launch*  The next time she counted down from 10, got to zero. "Aw crap, I think it broke" Three seconds later *launch* Some of the most enthusiastic ride ops come from ones where they have control over the launch (FoF, Wicked Twister)

• Like 7

Even though I haven't been to many theme parks, I do have to shout out Kings Island's policy on single riders. My girlfriend does not enjoy roller coasters like I do (though with my encouragement I hope to break that), and dragging a friend out with me is not as easy as I'd like, so I very often ride as a single on rides. Kings Island has never once given me an ounce of guff about riding alone, which always makes my day a little bit better. Thanks for that, KI.

Yes, usually you won't get any comment about riding alone from employees.. I've had it happen once last year at Drop Tower however he was attempting to be friendly, I think. The same day was the only rider on several coasters with no such comments. :)

• Like 4

That's honestly amazing! As long as they have fun while keeping to the agenda and safety protocols, I'm all for it. I honestly love FoF's Ride Ops. I love how they scare new riders with the whole empty train thing. My last 2 times for FoF, the ride host? would ask if we wanted a countdown. Course most would say yes, and so the first time she said "OK, in" *launch* The next time she counted down from 10, got to zero. "Aw crap, I think it broke" Three seconds later *launch* Some of the most enthusiastic ride ops come from ones where they have control over the launch (FoF, Wicked Twister)
My 8yo rode FoF for the first time a few weeks ago and we got the "do you want a countdown" and it made it that much more fun!

The only bad ride op I've experienced was on Backlot Stunt Coaster near opening day and I haven't seen that one on that platform since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

During the Memorial Day weekend, I spoke for awhile with a person folding napkins in the Reds HOF Grille. Her name is Mary, and I believe she said she was 89 years old (I would not have believed it, for she was much younger-looking and very vibrant). She says she used to be at the McDonald's Tourist Information Center before the renovation. It was a wonderful conversation, full of history and nostalgia, and it brightened my day that trip.

Another shout out:

Two days ago, impressed by her amazing professionalism, I promised I'd give a shout out to Lisa, Elevator Operator at the Eiffel Tower. During these long operating days, a marvelous reflection on Kings Island!

Also shout-outs to Tiffany at the Eiffel Tower, and the deck supervisor who I chatted with for an hour on Bring-a-Friend day last weekend, but whose name I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember. I'm going to have to go figure out if it was "Andy" or "Adam" (the two "A" names I get messed up more than any other.) Super knowledgeable!

No-brainer: The Cast and Crew of Cirque Imagine, for being 3 billion watts of wow!

Name tags I didn't look at but awesome mentions:

The Bat spiel guy at around 11 am yesterday;

The young woman at the Banshee Gift Shop who helped direct me to where I could buy a certain product...

The guy who was the right-side register at Jukebox Diner yesterday afternoon at 3 pm (he rang up my order... #2001). Extremely courteous and professional! Went above and beyond to help ensure my order was correct...

( :lol: I'll pay closer attention to name tags as the season goes forward.)

• Like 9

Shout out all the ride crews at KI for their friendliness as well as professionalism while doing an outstanding job at their heavy responsibility of keeping us safe.  I would like to also thank Ed in security and Diane in Guest Services for always making me feel at home.  Another awesome person is Zak in the Banshee shop who just exudes warmth. ( You can tell that he just loves people.) And I don't know his name but one of the Banshee crew does a Minnie Pearl imitation of saying Banshee. ( Bansheeeee!!! as in  Howdieeee!!!)-I get the biggest kick out of that.

There have been many changes through the years at KI in ownership, rides, etc but one thing that has always remained a constant for me has always been the dedicated, wonderful people there. 

• Like 7

That's honestly amazing! As long as they have fun while keeping to the agenda and safety protocols, I'm all for it. I honestly love FoF's Ride Ops. I love how they scare new riders with the whole empty train thing. My last 2 times for FoF, the ride host? would ask if we wanted a countdown. Course most would say yes, and so the first time she said "OK, in" *launch*  The next time she counted down from 10, got to zero. "Aw crap, I think it broke" Three seconds later *launch* Some of the most enthusiastic ride ops come from ones where they have control over the launch (FoF, Wicked Twister)

The countdown is great and all, but in my opinion ride ops shouldn't be joking about rides breaking.

During the Memorial Day weekend, I spoke for awhile with a person folding napkins in the Reds HOF Grille. Her name is Mary, and I believe she said she was 89 years old (I would not have believed it, for she was much younger-looking and very vibrant). She says she used to be at the McDonald's Tourist Information Center before the renovation. It was a wonderful conversation, full of history and nostalgia, and it brightened my day that trip.

Mary!  I remember her from the tourism booth at McDonald's!  She was great... always very friendly and nice to talk to.  When McDonald's got rid of her booth a few of us were wondering what happened to her.  Good to know she's stilll around!

• Like 4

Shout out to the crew (and spectators) at the 3-Point Challenge game yesterday.  My 10-year old niece stepped up to play after a string of 20-40 year-old men failed to win anything.  Everyone was very encouraging and she walked away with 6 points and a small prize!

• Like 10

Huge shout out to the vocalist who solos "Something in the Water" in "Off The Charts!" If you haven't seen it yet, treat yourself. She has amazing singing talent! Also, the percussionist's version of Miami Sound Machine's "1-2-3" is just fun to watch and listen to. The other leading female vocalists are great, too. In fact, this whole act, band and all, could go far in "America's Got Talent," methinks.

Side note: Whoever put together the music for Cirque Imagine... mad props! Especially the etherial, mysterious vocals during the bycrobat, aerial silk, and double trapeze introductions, and for the powerful, "Inception" fanfare for the amazing part that would be a spoiler to describe here.

• Like 7

The gal that sings "Something in the Water" is a power house with her vocals. I do not typically like any kind of musical review that sounds like canned Kids Bop that the park puts on. This group changed my opinion.

I do enjoy the roaming live music. KI Five, the man that dresses like a painter and plays drums are pretty entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Huge shout out to the vocalist who solos "Something in the Water" in "Off The Charts!" If you haven't seen it yet, treat yourself. She has amazing singing talent! Also, the percussionist's version of Miami Sound Machine's "1-2-3" is just fun to watch and listen to. The other leading female vocalists are great, too. In fact, this whole act, band and all, could go far in "America's Got Talent," methinks.

This past March I was in Big the Musical in Hamilton, which was directed by Kevin Brunck, who is the manager of the Entertainment Dept at KI.  In between our two Saturday performances, I heard music coming from the theater.  I went in and several members of our pit orchestra were playing pop songs, and they sounded terrific.  A crowd of us gathered to just listen to them, while several kids from the show danced along to the music.  I found out then by talking to another cast member that the pit orchestra members that were playing are the band from Off the Charts (and Playlist Live last year)!  They were practicing for a set of performances they had in Las Vegas; after our Sunday show they were flying straight there.

I have yet to sit and watch Off the Charts this year, but I heard several performances while we were at the Banshee Brew Festival, right next to International Showplace.  They are a very talented group of musicians... I need to make time to go out and watch them soon!

I do enjoy the roaming live music. KI Five, the man that dresses like a painter and plays drums are pretty entertaining.

KI Five are back this year?  I haven't heard or read any mention of them yet.  Another talented group I need to go see again!

• Like 7

Tonight after work I went to KI and met up with my friends that I met several years ago at KI on A Kid Again day. I was able to see the park from a completely different perspective.

What I have to say is wow. Great job to every person we encountered. I am impressed with the kind and gentle ways they handled those with special needs and their families. I saw (multiple) crews working hard to accommodate my friends with smiles on their faces. One of the park ambassadors even found a place to charge KK's equipment so we could watch the fireworks at the same time.

They gave my friends a best day type experience. It was a very rainy day, but another awesome A Kid Again day.

My Kaitlyn (Princess Sparkles) and my friend Katelynn.

392e700397a3ee442a2060123ff095f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Just saying a first hand experience:

Those mothers and fathers of those children are true heroes. Helping their children, who have been struck with illness and keeping a smile on their faces is something that I could never even begin to imagine. The same goes for the children who deserve every bit of the "Time Out For Illness". Getting to connect with the kids a part of A Kid Again is something that I could only imagine as a blessing for myself and for my fellows at the park. Kids are kids no matter what condition or illness, and deserve to be happy, just as all kids do. I HIGHLY suggest to everyone to consider going to the Coasting For Kids, even though I have never been able to due to my schedule and monetary constraints, I have seen the difference that it creates in these kids and it is something that everyone should either contribute to and or participate in. Just always remember though: Behind every ride on The Racer, or dollar, or penny you donate, a kid could be a kid again and give illness the best "time out" there is.

• Like 10

I'm definitely doing Coasting for Kids next year with my dad. Although which park I'm doing it at is still to be decided. 

I only learned around 2-3 years ago that I was probably going to get skin cancer some point in my life. A few weeks later, I got a cancerous mole removed, and another a few weeks later. Got a scan, and had a, albeit small, tumor. Anyways, got a surgery less than a week later. I am VERY glad that I was able to have it detected and disposed quickly. I was in middle school then and I was freaking out. 

I can imagine what these kids are going through, and how horrible it is. How close I was to being one... 

• Like 10

Id like to give a shoutout to the security office in Soak City that helped my friend and I when we could not find his shoes. They were very courteous and helpful. I thank that one officer who decided to give my friend a free pair of sandals so he could walk back to the park.

I would also like to give a shoutout to the countless employees and workers that have helped me over the three years I have been regularly going to Kings Island. (I can't believe it has been that long). Those times I couldn't find something, talked about what was happening to Son of Beast. Or when I had gotten stuck on The Racers brake run and they helped entertain us for 45 minutes before we got out. Thank you Kings Island, Soak City and their employees for providing a great park experience and for trying and making everybody's day better and more fun.

I have seen Alex roaming around on Diamondback many times and I feel like I should say hi sometime. Your a great employee for Kings Island.

• Like 7