Michigans Adventures, Cedar Point, hey wheres Kings Island?

kingsislandfan1972

I took this photo at Meijer this year or last year, and it kind of made me wonder....

10360558_4442909046381_58797166639627832

Hey where's Kings Island! I know obviously since I live in Michigan I am very likely to see tickets for Michigan's Adventure. But since Kings Island is in Ohio, just like Cedar Point, I believe that tickets should be sold for both parks in stores in Michigan. To this day I haven't once seen Kings Island tickets sold in stores in Michigan, Kings Island should be advertised more in Michigan and in more states for that matter, Cedar Point is a great park, but Kings Island also needs recognition too.

Cedar Point is far closer to Michigan (and obviously well known). KI advertises and has tickets selling in Kentucky and parts of Indiana. I know whenever I go to SoCal I do not expect to see KI tickets. :P

I always thought Michigan's Adventure was actually closer to CP than KI is. KI and CP are several hours apart as there is around 300 (perhaps a bit more) miles between them.

• Like 5

Cedar Point is far closer to Michigan (and obviously well known). KI advertises and has tickets selling in Kentucky and parts of Indiana. I know whenever I go to SoCal I do not expect to see KI tickets. :P

I always thought Michigan's Adventure was actually closer to CP than KI is. KI and CP are several hours apart as there is around 300 (perhaps a bit more) miles between them.

Actually the distance from Cedar Point to Michigan's Adventure is 299.mi which is 4 hours 35 minutes

And the distance from Cedar Point to Kings Island is 206.5 mi which is 3 hours 34 minutes.

• Like 1

I live in New Boston (Portsmouth) Kings Island is just over a couple hours away, Cedar Point is roughly 4 hrs.

We can get tons of KI discounts but nothing else. Even Heiners Bread has ten dollar off coupons attached to their packages.

But, yea, most of ours are from Krogers.

• Like 2

How far is KI from CP again? I know for us it took longer (little over 6 hours typically) because of the pit stop north of Columbus and we were towing the RVs then. My best guesstimate is 4 hours..?

Saw the OP modified his post.

Actually the distance from Cedar Point to Michigan's Adventure is 299.mi which is 4 hours 35 minutes

And the distance from Cedar Point to Kings Island is 206.5 mi which is 3 hours 34 minutes.

Depending on time of day does that include Columbus traffic? Just curious. Either way I was almost mostly correct with my guesstimate. Lol technically with that estimate I am almost 2 hours closer to CP now than I was as a kid in Mt Healthy which is south of KI. Oh well...still no desire of going back to CP anytime soon.

• Like 1

You're not seeing any Kings Island advertising in Metro Detroit because we're not a target market for them.

The 2-park combo ticket with MiA and CP does not need to be used back-to-back; it's meant to get you to make trips to both parks.  KI is a tougher sell up here to residents who already find the ~2-3hr drives to CP and MiA to be a bit much for a day/weekend trip.

Per Google Maps, here's how far I am from the various parks in southwest Oakland County..

Cedar Point  |  2:09  |  127 mi

Michigan's Adventure  |  2:31  |  178 mi

Kings Island  |  3:56  |  259 mi

Notes: CP is, in essence, half as long a drive as KI.

And my brother in southeast Wayne County..

Cedar Point  |  1:44  |  99.2 mi

Michigan's Adventure  |  3:01  |  212 mi

Kings Island  |  3:31  |  232 mi

KI isn't much farther than MiA to him but he's really at the south end of the Metro Detroit area.

Bottom line?  They're advertising the two closest parks.  (What everyone else said.)

• Like 7