Cedar Fair reports revenues up 5% for first half of 2015 season

Maybe Hart will buy an entire season's worth of ads in the IndyStar again to announce how much money the park made and how most of it will go back into his pockets, err, enhancing the park ;)

• Like 6

Hey I will at least give it to Mr. Hart and KK for at least putting billboard and newspaper ads up in Indianapolis. At least now the general public here has an idea that KK is even open. Haha

I honestly do want KK to succeed, I just wish they wouldn't make it so easy to rag on their park.

• Like 6

Despite what some imagine, none of us is rooting for the park to close. Why would anyone who adores this industry wish ill on a park that means something to even a single person?

We all want Kentucky Kingdom to succeed. Even if we laugh and joke, I certainly don't wish to take any pleasure from watching the park's stumbles. But you're right - it's so easy to see the issues, and such a brilliant case study in this industry. We'll watch and listen carefully, and yes, we'll talk about it.

• Like 11

I feel very silly but my mind must be fried. Out-of-park spending...is that the hotels and campgrounds? Which parks currently have such property? I know about the Cedar Point hotels/camper village and Kings Dominion has the campgrounds. Or does the out-of-park spending mean something else entirely? 

• Like 1

Out of park spending means exactly what you thought it does.  Carowinds also has a campground.  And Knott`s has a hotel on property as well.  I believe that the out of park money also includes the TGI Friday`s location  (it is a franchise) at both Breaker`s and across from the main entrance to Knott`s.  

• Like 6

I believe that the out of park money also includes the TGI Friday`s location  (it is a franchise) at both Breaker`s and across from the main entrance to Knott`s.  

Only the TGI Friday's store at Hotel Breakers remains at Cedar Point.  The store at Castaway Bay is now a Quaker Steak & Lube.  Cedar Fair does own the DQ on Cedar Point Drive.  Is the Friday's near Knott's really owned by Cedar Fair?

And, yep.  In-park spending is at and within the gates.  Out-of-park spending would then be lodging and off-site restaurants.