Shockwave closing at KD

Please no OTSR though. If FoF can perform inversions without OTSRs than so can Shockwave (provided it does indeed have a conversion)

If FoF can perform inversions with out the OTS Restraints. Then SO CAN Vortex.

Grr

Am I not the only one that speaks of behalf of Vortex, that the ride would be MUCH more enjoyable with different restraints

• Like 8

Please no OTSR though. If FoF can perform inversions without OTSRs than so can Shockwave (provided it does indeed have a conversion)

If FoF can perform inversions with out the OTS Restraints. Then SO CAN Vortex.

Grr

Am I not the only one that speaks of behalf of Vortex, that the ride would be MUCH more enjoyable with different restraints

Or Vortex can stay just like it is because there are plenty of people who like it just fine with the current restraints..

• Like 3

when Shockwave closes the coaster at NYNY will be the last Togo in the USA

...and the worst. And sadly the best.

I hate that ride. It is the only coaster I actually do despise. Off topic...according to RCDB it been renamed to Big Apple (it was still just Roller Coaster I believe when I was there last but I still just referred it to the original name)

Well..uh goodbye Shockwave? Never got to ride it...have ridden King Cobra though and didn't even like that.

• Like 2

Or get their head boxed by a ride because they are too short to "ride it correctly" and push up against the restraints.

I wish I could get the love for Vortex but as I get older, I have less and less patience for leaving a ride with an aching head. Enjoy the ride and I'll be off somewhere else.

• Like 6

Or get their head boxed by a ride because they are too short to "ride it correctly" and push up against the restraints.

I wish I could get the love for Vortex but as I get older, I have less and less patience for leaving a ride with an aching head. Enjoy the ride and I'll be off somewhere else.

At 51, I enjoy Vortex more than ever. I've learned that "where" is much more important than "how" to ride it. Though how does play a part, don't fight it too much. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the last public train for King Cobra. I remember that ride fondly.

I do not remember the particular occasion or ride that was my last for Shockwave.

I live closer to Kings Dominion than I did to Paramount's Kings Island then.

As an ACE member, I could have been on the last public ride for Shockwave.

I chose not to.

Life changes. Priorities change. Abilities change.

2016. Kings Dominion.

I hope to be there opening day.

And so it goes.

• Like 3

What a sad day for me. Not just because Shockwave is closing, But it's the last of the last. Around here, at least.

I can't even hardly find time to walk in my own house, (alot of the reason why I haven't been here much lately either.)let alone travel eight hours to ride a coaster.

Next year will be different, but that doesn't help matters now. Priorities........

• Like 6

I remember finding out about Shockwave in 2010 and watching countless videos of it on YouTube. When April 10, 2012 came, my first opportunity to ride it came also. I had a double ride on it due to the line being short enough. I vividly recall being surprised by all that airtime!! It was one of my favorite rides that day (I liked it much better than Mantis) and I couldn't wait to return and ride it again...

Little did I know that those first two rides would also be my last two rides. I thought I would return before its time would come, but alas, it was not the case. To make matters worse, the only pictures (and video) of me riding Shockwave were lost when my computer's hard drive failed on September 18, 2012.

Thankfully, I still remember that double ride very well. Shockwave was a very fun ride, at least for me. I'm going to miss it.

R.I.P.

Shockwave

1986 - 2015

• Like 5

• 3 months later...