Discount Six Flags St. Louis Tickets

The only place I've ever heard of getting tickets for SFStL is at the park or online (online being usually a better deal.) As with many Six Flags parks, a season pass is usually very comparable to any multi-day ticket deal, so if you are planning a multi-day trip or a trip to another Six Flags (e.g. Great America, which is only around five hours away), you may want to consider a pass.

Whichever way you do it, I hope you have a great time. I personally love Six Flags St. Louis (so much so that someone is probably groaning while reading that I am once again talking about how much I love the place) and especially The Boss, Mr. Freeze, and American Thunder. The new dark ride looks pretty dang good, too. You should post a TR! :)

• Like 3

On the subject of St. Louis: I really can't describe how much I love and recommend the City Museum. It's really a one-of-a-kind place that kinda defies explanation, except to say that it is most definitely NOT what you're picturing in your head when you read the words "City Museum." Think museum meets Chuck E. Cheese (but appropriate for grown-ups) meets a repurposed industrial factory meets a lawyer's ultimate nightmare. If you can swing it, I implore you to spend an afternoon there. It's so worth it.

For example: The building it's in used to house a shoe manufacturer, and instead of tearing out the spiral chutes that shoes would slide down from the top floor down 10 stories, they added a cage over top of it and turned it into an endless spiral slide that you can ride. The outside of the place has the craziest metal structures for people to explore, and the only way I can think to describe it to people is to say, "It looks like someone's mom told them that they can't go to welding school, and so they decided to spite her and go to welding school and weld every piece of scrap metal they ever found afterwards to each other. And then they called it the City Museum and started charging admission to climb all over it."

• Like 6

I can attest to the fact that City Museum is a must visit.  I went there several years back.  The place is simply amazing.  It even has a Ferris Wheel on the top of the building!  A wonderful place to become a kid again and spend many hours of fun exploring the building.  I second TombRaiderFTW`s endorsement!

• Like 6

To my knowledge, SFStL is tied with SFA for the cheapest season passes in the chain right now, so my recommendation would be to buy a Gold Pass there. That way, you get it at the cheapest price you can, and if you happen to end up at another SIX park, it's like you get to go for free.

Also, I believe that you can then renew your pass year after year without needing to return to SFStL to process again, so if you were to make a trip next year to, say, SFGAm (one of the more pricey parks in the chain) then you could get your pass cheaper without having to process at another park.

Membership passes are also a great way to make your initial investment smaller, just be aware that by buying it, you are committing to paying for 12 months. I went with the membership for my SFGAm pass because a membership is good as long as you are paying, while a pass expires at the end of the season. So, I pay my 12 months and that's good through next July, whereas buying a normal pass would have been the same total cost, but expired in December.

• Like 4

On the subject of St. Louis: I really can't describe how much I love and recommend the City Museum. It's really a one-of-a-kind place that kinda defies explanation, except to say that it is most definitely NOT what you're picturing in your head when you read the words "City Museum." Think museum meets Chuck E. Cheese (but appropriate for grown-ups) meets a repurposed industrial factory meets a lawyer's ultimate nightmare. If you can swing it, I implore you to spend an afternoon there. It's so worth it.

For example: The building it's in used to house a shoe manufacturer, and instead of tearing out the spiral chutes that shoes would slide down from the top floor down 10 stories, they added a cage over top of it and turned it into an endless spiral slide that you can ride. The outside of the place has the craziest metal structures for people to explore, and the only way I can think to describe it to people is to say, "It looks like someone's mom told them that they can't go to welding school, and so they decided to spite her and go to welding school and weld every piece of scrap metal they ever found afterwards to each other. And then they called it the City Museum and started charging admission to climb all over it."

Hmmm.... methinks I've found something new to tack on to our annual Illinois family reunion trip (40 miles SE of St. Louis) next year instead of our usual Holiday World visit...

• Like 4