Best/worst night rides?

happyslap

Now that you mention it, we did go on the Eiffel Tower at night. We would have stayed up there for the fireworks, but we were super hungry and by the time we left the park to eat, the fireworks had already started. Up there, the view was fantastic, especially of Action Zone!

• Like 1

Diamondback is a great night ride. It's just really dark throughout because there aren't any lights around the right through most of it.

WindSeeker was great at night at Cedar Point because of the views (and also kind of creepy with the void that is usually the lake at night). I can only imagine it's great here too.

Banshee was somewhat disappointing at night. I feel like more could be done throughout the ride itself, and not just in the queue/station, to make it more creepy at night considering the theme. 

• Like 1

Most of my night rides were taken in September 20th 2014, as that was a Halloween Haunt trip. But, based on my rides that day, in order I rode them:

Diamondback

Very similar to the daytime version, save it is harder to see where you are going due to the darkness of night. Doesn't use the woods nearly enough. A great ride, but if you have already ridden during the day, there are better night ride choices if you are pressed for time. Still worth it IMO if you can squeeze it in.

WindSeeker

To be honest, I have yet to ride this one in the daylight. However it boasts an AWESOME lighting package and amazing views of the entire park. And it does get kinda spiffy when it really gets spinning around at the top.

Banshee

The que is amazing at night, with the Banshee logo, lit-up tombstones, fog, the SOB Memorial, and all that stuff lit up beautifully. The ride itself remains an awesome, intense steel coaster but outside of a few cool strobe lights and some light fog, not as much of a change as the park originally seemed to promise ("It'll be your new favorite night ride"). Well, not quite. Though still excellent.

Drop Tower

Very similar to daytime Drop Tower, but prettier views since everything is all lit up and stuff. That's about the only difference here.

Vortex

Vortex is about on-par with Diamondback, as both have about the same level of changes due to the ride being at night- the ride seems about the same, but with the track darkened up a bit. Vortex looks more ominous at night though IMO with the near-black loops and such sticking out against the sky. Since it does inversions, Vortex feels a bit closer to Flight of Fear at night though.

Backlot Stunt Coaster
With its remaining special effects, BLSC actually gets quite a boost at night. The police chase scene, helicopter and fire scene, and dark tunnel are all amplified at night and stick out more. And since those are big parts of BLSC, it gets a noticeable boost from riding at night IMO.

The Beast

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. Beast is great in the daylight, but due to the huge "in the woods" factor it has (that rides like Diamondback lack) at night Beast becomes that much more awesome. The woods become pitch black, the fact you can't see the entire park at all for most of the ride is amplified, the view from the 2nd lift becomes even more incredible somehow, and the tunnels (especially the final helix ones) become black terror. If you only have time for ONE night ride, I'd go with this one. (If Beast is down for some reason, then I'd say Banshee though...)

I haven't ridden The Bat, Adventure Express, or Racer at night but the first 2 seem to also have the "In-the-woods" factor Beast does a bit, and Racer goes past most of the beautiful Coney Mall flats (on the Red side, at least). So I may have to try those in the future if I can get the chance. As for your best shot at getting the most night rides in? Go on a Haunt Friday, early in the season, and skip ALL the haunted houses to do rides instead. That's how I got all these rides in, and it was on Toyota night so there was a bit of a crowd anyway.

Hope this helps someone. ;)

• Like 3