Passholder Portal: July 17 Beast tour

malem

This upcoming Friday afternoon, Kings Island is offering a complimentary behind-the-scenes tour of The Beast to gold and platinum passholders via the passholder portal.

Details are available by signing into (or registering for) the passholder portal on visitkingsisland.com. Participants must have a web-capable mobile device to access the portal and redeem the offer at the park.

(KI offers free park-wide WiFi for your convenience.)

• Like 3

And, were I there, which is unlikely, my phone would still live in my Bahroo.

Sometimes parks need to realize some of us try to vacation AWAY from extraneous technology--I don't want to make ride reservations months in advance, I don't want to be chained to a phone in a park...and I will not do either.

The day either be becomes necessary is the day I decide to spend my discretionary leisure dollars someplace else.

Phones IN a park. Harumph.

• Like 9

Sometimes parks need to realize some of us try to vacation AWAY from extraneous technology--I don't want to make ride reservations months in advance, I don't want to be chained to a phone in a park...and I will not do either.

Cedar Fair used to market almost that exist thing.  A previous ad campaign served to convince potential guests to put down the video game controller, get off the couch, and come out to the park to have fun and enjoy atmosphere.

Now?  They'll gladly take money from Gamefly to tell you to go home, pick up that video game controller, and sit your butt back down on the couch and stay a while.

Progress?  Methinks not.

*sigh*

Also, malem, you might want to add a colon [:] to your link.   ;)

• Like 4

The day either be becomes necessary is the day I decide to spend my discretionary leisure dollars someplace else.

Doing better than me, not only do I refuse to take a phone in the park, I refuse to own one.

I did have on once. Flip style at that, Took it to the park and lost it on Firehawk.

#Bestdayever. 

• Like 5

Also, malem, you might want to add a colon [:] to your link.   ;)

Fixed. (I copied and pasted the URL from the park's website, but a forum bug broke it.)

Would love to go but I will be on my way to Carowinds

If I leave early enough, I might stop at Kings Island at ERT for a quick ride on Banshee and my first dining plan meal of the day.

I obviously won't be at the tour. :)

I don't want to be chained to a phone in a park...and I will not do either.

To be fair, any web-enabled device would work. Dumb phone, smartphone, laptop, tablet, smartwatch...

The thing that bothers me the most is seeing groups of tech zombies walking through the park tap tap taping their phones and Ipads while they roam around.....where is the connection to those around them, or to the environment? Next time you are in the park , do some people watching and see just how many people are worshipping their tech. Its sickening.

More tech only invites the opportunity for a flying-phone accident.

• Like 2

^^so true!  Look around almost any table and you will see groups of "friends" sitting at a table, each with their phone in their hand having conversations, etc. with the phone and not actual person-to-person interaction with those around them.  Same thing in line for rides!

Sad times.  Social media is actually making most anti-social...  Interesting when you meet someone for the first time and within 1 minute I hear "Lets become friends on FB" - Umm, I prefer real friends, not the opportunity to up a friend count on social media...If someone wants to talk to me, it isn't going to be through social media...

• Like 5

I'm waiting for the day when the stupid things become illegal not to possess.

We had a major meeting last month in Chicago. A week before the mandatory event, we all got e-mails saying that in order to participate, we all must download an App onto our phones, because certain functions required it. I think I missed the policy letter mandating ownership of a smart phone (the company doesn't provide smart phones). Good thing I found a cheap, $14 (because obsolete) "smart" phone at Meijer. I had to buy a $55 card to activate, then go through the third degree to "activate" all of the phone's functions. 

:angry: Dang-on whippersnappin' Twitterin' machines anyhow!

• Like 3

^^^ Social media friend requests should come after you've befriended one another.  After all, it's supposed to mean that you already are friends and want to connect on the platform.

This brings up a great point that is often overlooked and folks believe the frenzy FB has created - I can't believe how many folks I hear at KI that said they are "friends" with the Cirque Imagine performers because they are friends on FB.  Umm, they are performers and will either "friend" everyone because of their chosen profession or keep their page private (and some may actually have a public and private FB page for that very reason).  Just because you are friends with someone on FB doesn't mean that you are really friends.  Many people are "friends" with celebrities on FB, but it isn't like you have their phone number and can call them and have lunch...

• Like 3

I totally understand your position on this, i tend to leave my phone in my truck when im there too and just enjoy myself. That said for this particular event having one would be nice just for being able to take pics and video of the tour that for many of us may be a once in a lifetime opportunity and may want to show family etc. True though a digital camera would work just as well.

• Like 2