Best Cedar Point night ride?

Hello all! It's been a while...hope you all are doing well!

My brother and I are heading up to Cedar Point tomorrow and will be staying at the newly renovated Hotel Breakers. Exciting stuff for sure! Anyway, I've never been in the park at night, so I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what are some of the best night ride experiences in that park? I know they have that Luminosity show, but we'll be looking for more of a "thrill" once the sun goes down. I know the park will only be dark for about an hour or so, but I'd still like to take advantage of some night riding while I can!

I posted this question on PointBuzz, but that forum is nowhere near as active as this one so I thought I'd try here as well!

• Like 2

Millennium Force is great at night assuming you get past the bug stage of the evening.  We tend to favor the back of the train to reduce the wind and bugs, but the back is just fun.  Had our first Top Thrill Dragster at night, and that was pretty cool too.  August 6 is an Evening Ride Event with Top Thrill Dragster and hope to make it.  Unfortunately Maverick's line always seems too long to wait for at night, but our next trip, we will have to force ourselves to experience that.

• Like 5

For me, My Father and I would ride the bluestreak as much as we could at night for two reasons. #1 the line was extremely short so you could get off and get into line and your on the station platform again. It feels like your going faster at night than in the daytime so its much more of a rush and excitement for us. Thats my personal experience with the bluestreak so it may vary for others.

• Like 4

We ended up getting in 3 night rides. One would have been Maverick, but it was down all day :/ Instead we did Magnum, then went all the way up to GK and were going to hit TTD on our way back but it went down right as we walked up to it (it ran from noon until then, which from what I understand is a pretty good day for TTD) so we tried Magnum again on our way back to Breakers. Ended up on the 2nd-to-last train of that for the night. Overall a great day outside of Maverick's issues (which I dearly hope is open today), might do a TR later. Thanks again everyone for the input.

• Like 3

MF and TTD are not as forgiving - at least with their seat belts. The lap bar is never issue for me; it's the seat belt. The seat belts hit at my hips and I have issues sometimes getting it fastened on my own so a ride op will often have to latch it for me. However, I've seen women and men larger than me ride so body proportions matter.

• Like 4

What's TTD like? I've been to CP a few times since it was built but I've always been too scared to ride it. I'm considering doing TTD first thing after Gatekeeper because I want the experience, and if I spend the whole day seeing it without having ridden it I know I'll chicken out.

Are people known to grey out on it? Does it bang you up at all?

TTD is awesome, for a lack of a better term.  The only time you're given to feel scared is from the time you sit down to the time you pull up to the launch.  This is the most difficult part of the ride to overcome, by far, especially if you pick the back train in the station.  You'll be sitting out there for what feels like for forever before the launch.

Once it launches you, though, you're accelerating/moving too fast to know what hit you.  You're just taking in the awesome ride.  As for the height, you're up there for such a short amount of time that you don't have time to freak out and realize you're 420' in the air.  This is way different from, say, Millennium Force where you have the entire 310' tall lift hill to think about what you've gotten yourself into at those heights.

Graying out?  Never heard of it on TTD and I've experienced nothing of the sort in dozens of rides.

It's a very smooth and very fast ride.  A lot of fun but over way too soon.

• Like 5

I've never grayed out of TTD. Millennium Force and Intimidator 305 are another story. 

If you can, once you hit the top, look out over the lake. It is one of my favorite things to do as there is a moment where I feel as though time has slowed down. I get a quick glance around the park and the lake and then we are pulled back down to earth. It is awesome!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Best night rides: Millennium Force and Magnum. My first-ever ride on MF was at night and it was crazy awesome! Also, Maverick is awesome because Maverick. That being said, I don't know/remember if I've ridden it as night. However, I would really like to experience TTD at night and I suppose Iron Dragon or Gatekeeper after dark would be cool too.