5/29/04 DOT

DegenRider

Long story short baby shower and I wanted out of the house. I called rob and we headed to PKI. What a mistake. We parked in The Vortex lot and went into Boomerang Bay. Rob was impressed and we made plans to come back later during a weekday.

We headed into the park and went into rivertown and saw beast had a full line. Not a good sign. The flyers were almost 3 rows full not good. Over to FX theater and WALKED ON to Days of Thunder

Wow I remember how much I hated this thing. Sheeh it was off and its just lame as it was when I last road it. Nice to see ya again but don't let the door hit you on the way out...cause I don't want "bottom" marks on the door.

Then it was upto SOB for a 1 hour wait for 6.2. Boy I still needed recovery from the waterpark as my neck was bothering me and so was my leg. It didn't help any.

Next was the tower up down and we left.

Busy day.

Today, I went just to do Boomerang Bay. This was my first opportunity to actually do all the slides and attractions. I did Coolangatta Racer and Tasmanian Typhoon 4 times each. Both are very exciting, and because of my larger size, I went faster and higher than some did!

Overall, they kept about everything I liked about Water Works, added new things, and simply made it much better.

Parked near the Pass entrance, arrived around 11 a.m., light amount of people. Had lunch there (BLT Wrap and some beer). By 3pm, place was getting crowded (like the rest of PKI), so I left just before 3:30.

And remember, Boomerang Bay is free with park admission, whether or not you have a season pass! You're just getting more for your money.

Tom, who plans on being at walkback Monday morning.