Lights in The Beast helix?

Diamondback2112

I can confirm that said lights were there at least since 2010- they are usually off, but sometimes are turned on. I would guess for maitenance/safety reasons as the time they were on during a Beast night ride I took, earlier that day the ride stopped for 10+ minutes (I was on a train on the brake run that long that time) and I saw an ambulance-kart thing drive away from the ride. That night, the helix was lit up, so I have to wonder if there was a minor injury or something...

Be happy that you've never seen them turned on.

It's such an eye-roll-inducing experience when those lights are just casually left on as if that doesn't change the ride experience. Like no one noticed. "Really??" (Cross-threading.) Nothing more anti-climactic. Imagine taking first- or only-time visitors on their only night ride ever and The Beast is lit up.

By the way, the same goes for Backlot and Flight of Fear.

On all three, I've walked up to an operator after and said, "Hey, uh... the work lights are on... Kinda ruins it." Usually they shrug and I just mosey along. I get that if it needs to be on for maintenance, it makes sense. But once the ride is in operation... #KIBestDay

oboji.jpg

How many times have you ridden Space Mountain or Revenge of the Mummy or Indiana Jones Adventure with the work lights just casually left on? Please.

• Like 13

Be happy that you've never seen them turned on.

It's such an eye-roll-inducing experience when those lights are just casually left on as if that doesn't change the ride experience. Like no one noticed. "Really??" (Cross-threading.) Nothing more anti-climactic. Imagine taking first- or only-time visitors on their only night ride ever and The Beast is lit up.

By the way, the same goes for Backlot and Flight of Fear.

On all three, I've walked up to an operator after and said, "Hey, uh... the work lights are on... Kinda ruins it." Usually they shrug and I just mosey along. I get that if it needs to be on for maintenance, it makes sense. But once the ride is in operation... #KIBestDay

oboji.jpg

How many times have you ridden Space Mountain or Revenge of the Mummy or Indiana Jones Adventure with the work lights just casually left on? Please.

Ironically, that Beast Night Ride I had with the lights on? It was also my sister's first night ride ever on Beast...after the ride, I looked over and told her those were supposed to be off.

Thankfully, the next night ride (Haunt 2010) they were off and I have yet to see them on again...

• Like 3

I seen a video on FunTV called inside track and it features The Beast. It was a short piece on maintenance, they showed a worker doing a track walk in the tunnel but it looked like he was using a flashlight of some kind.

Lights inside The Beast Tunnel are very dim during the day light.

• Like 1

I seen a video on FunTV called inside track and it features The Beast. It was a short piece on maintenance, they showed a worker doing a track walk in the tunnel but it looked like he was using a flashlight of some kind.

I didn't know they had a maintenance short on FunTV. Huzzah.

• Like 4

I saw the maintenance short for the first time this week, actually. 

Speaking of eye-roll inducing, I saw it for the first time while standing in line for Dragster during a downtime. Someone loudly complained "yeah, they maintain it so well, that's why it's broken."

Because daily maintenance totally prevents minor issues through the day...especially when they're showing a video of wood coaster maintenance at a completely different park. Idiots.

That being said, I believe the helix lights are now on a timer so they can't be accidentally left on. There was at least one season where they were on almost every time I rode it and it was a bit on the ridiculous side for a coaster that is famous for it's night rides. I think the light switch is inside the lock-out area so they can't just be turned off mid-day if forgotten, but if they had to turn them on after the timer turned them off, they'd probably stay on. 

• Like 2

I saw the maintenance short for the first time this week, actually. 

Speaking of eye-roll inducing, I saw it for the first time while standing in line for Dragster during a downtime. Someone loudly complained "yeah, they maintain it so well, that's why it's broken."

Because daily maintenance totally prevents minor issues through the day...especially when they're showing a video of wood coaster maintenance at a completely different park. Idiots.

That being said, I believe the helix lights are now on a timer so they can't be accidentally left on. There was at least one season where they were on almost every time I rode it and it was a bit on the ridiculous side for a coaster that is famous for it's night rides. I think the light switch is inside the lock-out area so they can't just be turned off mid-day if forgotten, but if they had to turn them on after the timer turned them off, they'd probably stay on. 

Bum Deal. I wished they'd show the rides in each separate park getting the walkabout.