Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

I agree, Club Blood and Tombstone Terror-tory need to both go. Cornstalkers is getting pretty bad but has some good potential so rather just see it get enhanced.

I like that they have so many mazes there but I'd be fine with them cutting back a couple and only having like 9 or 10 but have more scare actors and props in them. They oculd kind of combine Cornstalkers and Wolf Pack a bit to have you going through a farm house and out into the cornfields.

• Like 1

I doubt Club Blood will be going anywhere anytime soon.  Not only does it require little to no work to prepare as it is permanently housed inside a building, But it is generally popular. Especially among the male populous.

I think they should add a haunt somewhere in Soak City.  It could be based on possessed surfers and/or beach dwellers.  Attacking seagulls would be a nice touch to this haunt attraction.  If the attraction couldn't be in Soak City maybe the walkway to Soak City would work.  They could end it near the train depot in Soak City so people can ride the train back. It would be empty already from the other haunt attraction that uses the White Water Canyon exit.

• Like 5

I doubt Club Blood will be going anywhere anytime soon.  Not only does it require little to no work to prepare as it is permanently housed inside a building, But it is generally popular. Especially among the male populous.

Yea not really expecting either it or Wolf Pack to go anywhere soon since they require little work as they are already set up year round, but they are definitely lower quality mazes now. Club Blood I mostly just want those scare actors to be utilized elsewhere but a lot of the props wouldn't work many other spots I don't think. Wolf Pack though I think could be combined with Cornstalkers well to make a great maze, but I don't see that happening either.

Make the fountain water red. Maybe throw some fake body parts in.

That would be awfully hard to change back and forth each weekend. Remember that the park needs to be kid-friendly in the afternoons on Saturday and Sunday. A pool full of simulated blood and severed body parts is definitely PG-13.

• Like 9

Make the fountain water red. Maybe throw some fake body parts in.

That would be awfully hard to change back and forth each weekend. Remember that the park needs to be kid-friendly in the afternoons on Saturday and Sunday. A pool full of simulated blood and severed body parts is definitely PG-13.

That's true. But after looking into it, If they did an LED lighting upgrade, making the fountain water red would be as simple as pushing a button. The lighting technology they currently have is probably older than me. With an LED system, they could change the colors easily. Maybe make a show out of it during the fireworks, or color changing water effects choreographed to music. I think it would be a good upgrade.

The body parts could be fished out with pool skimmers, or pulled in from tethers.

• Like 4

I really hope it's something with the quality of Madame Fatale's, Wolf Pack, Board 2 Death, or Slaughterhouse. I really like it when the houses go for quality instead of shock value like what Club Blood has/had. Shock value just cheapens the overall feel of the event for me.

More importantly, it means we're one step closer to Sam showing up around these parts! :)

• Like 6

I really hope it's something with the quality of Madame Fatale's, Wolf Pack, Board 2 Death, or Slaughterhouse. I really like it when the houses go for quality instead of shock value like what Club Blood has/had. Shock value just cheapens the overall feel of the event for me.

More importantly, it means we're one step closer to Sam showing up around these parts! :)

I'd hope more to the level of Madame Fatale's and Slaughterhouse. Those two are the best themed/looking mazes we have had. Wolf Pack is decent but not quite the same level. I like the concept of Board 2 Death and the maze itself but think the quality is along the lines of the average mazes throughout. Don't feel it is any higher quality than Urgent Scare or Delta Delta Die.

• Like 2

I loved the design aspect of Wolf Pack even if it was a really short maze. I thought the 2011 iteration was the best version of Wolf Pack (when they ditched the Twilight parodying and upped the intensity of the wolves).

Even if Club Blood does close down (oh please, let it be true), I could still see some aspects of it stick around for Haunt. They could make Action Zone one big vampire-y club scare zone using the lighting packages and effects the maze had. Or they could even slightly revamp DDD by having the sorority girls be vampires themselves and bring back that weird "human blood farm" bit they tried to attempt the first year of Club Blood (maybe to poke fun at the tweens/teens who love those Monster High dolls). Here's what I'm talking about using Knott's far superior version:

• Like 2

I hope that Club Blood is gone, along with others like Carnevil and Tombstone Territory.

I would love to see KI introduce an Alone type of attraction and I have always loved true mazes when done right.  Also I always thought the extremely long path to get back to The Bat or the trail for Whitewater Canyon would make for a great relaunch of Psycho Path.  

Then again I was one of the few that enjoyed the Freezer under the Torture Tower, so what do I know.

• Like 3

[...]Also I always thought the extremely long path to get back to The Bat or the trail for Whitewater Canyon would make for a great relaunch of Psycho Path.[...]

I had always believed Tombstone would be re-themed to Psycho Path when DA! debuted in 2011 (there was even a rumor that a new wooded trail was going to be built for PP) as it was the far better of the two attractions. That or they could pull a Kings Dominion and do their own Camp Kiluaee with the Observation Deck being the main campgrounds and the connecting path be the surrounding woods (although this would render Wolf Pack obsolete as it's really the same theme). Ooh, and they could snag the old Kings Island Resort buses and retrofit them as Camp buses instead of using the trains!

The only thing about that idea is the same thing that's plagued that Haunt location for now 10 years, which is having a line for the train/bus AND a line for the maze once you get off. My idea would be to eliminate the second line and basically have an entire busload enter the maze as soon as they leave the bus, run almost like a scare zone of sorts. It would be the same setup used on Halloween Horror Nights' Terror Tram:

Of course, the White Water Canyon path isn't anywhere near as wide as, say, the path from the Floral Clock to Rivertown where Backwoods Bayou is, so the Guest Flow has to be dramatically reduced compared to what's seen in the video. Using the train isn't really an option, either, as the stopping point for letting guests off for the maze (Pumpkin Patch) is barely 1/3 of the train's route, and there are only three(?) engines they have available; so an alternative source of transportation that can cut a path through the section of track that goes to Soak City and loops around the fort is preferred.

wtsf1pC.jpg

Red line is the train route (duh), and the red box is the Pumpkin Patch "station". Yellow line is the proposed route for the buses (which would be driving above the train tracks), and the yellow box is approximately where the entrance to WWC's Observation Deck/Tombstone queue is. There's apparently a maintenance truck route that starts right before the Pumpkin Patch and cuts behind the storage house and WWC, with a crossroad that leads to the Picnic Grove, so the buses can easily hop back onto the track. As you can see, it easily cuts the original layout in HALF, therefore taking much less time to get back to the Losantiville station. So with maybe 5 or 6 buses, it could be a really effective means of cutting lines down for that attraction in an area that has three mazes literally in a straight line with their queues overflowing into each other.

/end psychotic Haunt design rant

• Like 7