Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

I really hope they drop Delta Delta Die's skeleton key room. It wasn't very good. Neither was Kill Marts.

If it made them money, then it will surely stay, no matter if it was good or bad. They may or may not improve or fix any issues with the rooms (most likely not given the condition of the older mazes), but it's a given that they will return this season.

• Like 4

I really hope they drop Delta Delta Die's skeleton key room. It wasn't very good. Neither was Kill Marts.

If it made them money, then it will surely stay, no matter if it was good or bad. They may or may not improve or fix any issues with the rooms (most likely not given the condition of the older mazes), but it's a given that they will return this season.

They could always move the Skeleton Key rooms to a different maze, or at least change it. I was not allowed to participate in the Delta Delta Die Skeleton Key room because I am a Type One Diabetic. That's all I am gonna say because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else. 

• Like 2

No, because I was still allowed to cut the line and enter the Skeleton Key room. I just couldn't do that activity they had my friends do. I was also able to go in the rest of the Skeleton Key rooms throughout the other mazes. I heard that later in the Haunt season they added something in DDD that enabled Diabetics to participate too, but I didn't want to purchase another Fright Lane. It was still funny to watch my friends do it though!

• Like 6

We had 11 last year, and 12 the year before. I would really like to see 12 mazes again. But even with 11 mazes last year some mazes were way under staffed(Urgent Scare, Cornstalkers, and Wolf Pack) so I don't know if Kings Island is willing to do that.

Too many mazes and too few bodies to stuff into (no pun intended). The biggest issue that all haunted attractions in general have is staffing; Haunt season falls right into the beginning of both high school football and Homecoming dances, and almost three-quarters of the talent that Kings Island specifically hires are minors/high school kids (most standalone haunts try to circumvent this by strictly hiring 18+). Retention rates are also low as the season goes on once workers realize the physical, mental, and emotional strains that come with the not-so-simple task of scaring paying customers.

• Like 6

We had 11 last year, and 12 the year before. I would really like to see 12 mazes again. But even with 11 mazes last year some mazes were way under staffed(Urgent Scare, Cornstalkers, and Wolf Pack) so I don't know if Kings Island is willing to do that.

Too many mazes and too few bodies to stuff into (no pun intended). The biggest issue that all haunted attractions in general have is staffing; Haunt season falls right into the beginning of both high school football and Homecoming dances, and almost three-quarters of the talent that Kings Island specifically hires are minors/high school kids (most standalone haunts try to circumvent this by strictly hiring 18+). Retention rates are also low as the season goes on once workers realize the physical, mental, and emotional strains that come with the not-so-simple task of scaring paying customers.

You deal with alot more then just the physical, mental and emotional strain.

• Like 3

Kings Island is looking for souls i mean people for the 2015 Haunt season. You can apply at www.visitkingsisland.com and click on jobs, or apply at the park in the HR building to the right of the main gate. Interviews run from 4 pm to 6 pm on Fridays, and 11 am to 5 pm Saturdays and Sundays. The jobs are dead end, and grave sites fill up fast.

• Like 3

Yes and no, Lucas!  :P In all seriousness, it depends on if your body can handle it. I have asthma and I do fine at Haunt. The Haunt atmosphere (fog, scares, the houses themselves) might be a asthma trigger for some while it may affect others very little or not at all.

-MDMC, feeling like he's repeating himself from last year... 

And also, I agree with Terp; I'm just giving you a hard time ;).

• Like 3

I worked at one last season. I would have an Asthma Attack. (I didnt work at Kings Island) Has anyone worked at KI? Are the bulding kinda well kept, like no moldy smell? 

Park staff has to be careful what they say on here when it comes to happenings and such at the park. It's a rule.

• Like 3

I'd rather have fewer and better mazes. Quality over quantity. If dropping to eight or so mazes allows more resources to be turned towards improving the quality of those eight, then that would be my preference.

I would suspect with the great popularity of Haunt for Kings Island, having fewer, better mazes would result in 2 hour maze lines on even Fridays.. And who can even imagine the result on the Saturdays that already produce such great lines. The guests love to go into multiple types of mazes, it seems and having a lot of options is good. I don't mean to sound like I'm excusing the park for not always having mazes up to par with whatever other maze you might have in your mind, but It's a more complex art to get the subjectively "perfect" Halloween Haunt experience. That is all I am trying to convey. (And it is all merely postulation)

I have heard of many actors who decided to leave the job after awhile too. (and I know someone who had worked haunt) Not that the job isn't do-able, but it definitely is actual work. It takes more effort than I suspect many "kids" (used loosely) expect the job to be like. On the other hand, there are also the many hard-workers that resonate well with the Haunt life and decide to come again year-after-year. Depends on just how much you enjoy scaring people/ how determined you are/ what your body can take (i.e. crouching repeatedly/ screaming).. It's not for everyone. 

"I don't want to" is a valid excuse.

You don't need an excuse.

At least if you are 18...

Witnessing this first-hand repeatedly, your post made me a little sad for those kids that are just simply scared.

• Like 2