Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

Yes and no, Lucas!  :P In all seriousness, it depends on if your body can handle it. I have asthma and I do fine at Haunt. The Haunt atmosphere (fog, scares, the houses themselves) might be a asthma trigger for some while it may affect others very little or not at all.

-MDMC, feeling like he's repeating himself from last year... 

And also, I agree with Terp; I'm just giving you a hard time ;).

I do fine visiting house but me working at houses is when the problem occurs. I was at the Haunt I worked at 5pm-1am Friday and Saturday

• Like 2

I'd rather have fewer and better mazes. Quality over quantity. If dropping to eight or so mazes allows more resources to be turned towards improving the quality of those eight, then that would be my preference.

I would suspect with the great popularity of Haunt for Kings Island, having fewer, better mazes would result in 2 hour maze lines on even Fridays.. And who can even imagine the result on the Saturdays that already produce such great lines. The guests love to go into multiple types of mazes, it seems and having a lot of options is good. I don't mean to sound like I'm excusing the park for not always having mazes up to par with whatever other maze you might have in your mind, but It's a more complex art to get the subjectively "perfect" Halloween Haunt experience. That is all I am trying to convey. (And it is all merely postulation)

In its current state, lines have pushed toward the 2-hour mark even on a Friday on the more popular mazes. It's more of an issue on whether or not I'd want to wait 2 hours for KI's Tombstone (I don't) or 2 hours for KBF's Gunslinger's Grave (I do). 

Here's the thing: I don't have a season pass. Of any kind. Haven't had one since 2009. I'm looking at Haunt from the perspective of a person paying $35 a ticket for an amusement park event that I've attendant since 2004 (as both monster and victim). I can only afford to go maybe a total of two times during the season because I'm a Spook Enthusiast, and there are a lot more attractions in the area to partake in. As I've said plenty of times before, it would be impossible for them to go the route of Universal and have all-new mazes built ever year. But, as plenty of other people have pointed out here, there are some big issues that never seem to be fixed, and those are things that have been harped on for short of a decade now. So I don't feel completely justified in shelling out over $30 for an event with the majority of its attractions neglected and disheveled. Especially now that other parks in the chain have picked up on Knott's recent trend of rehabbing older mazes with new scenes and effects (Dominion and Carowinds, respectively), and the Land of Illusion (a multi-maze park near Middletown) does the same with mazes three times the size of KI's for the exact same price.

• Like 4

and the Land of Illusion (a multi-maze park near Middletown) does the same with mazes three times the size of KI's for the exact same price.

I've been meaning to try the Land of Illusion for a couple of years, but I've never come up with the money to buy a ticket (plus I'd rather not go alone; haunted houses and trails are a lot more fun with friends). Perhaps, since it's not too far away from KI, we should organize a group trip? Even if we only get two or three on the trip, that's way better than going solo.

• Like 3

Lots of people pay $35 or more for tickets to KI with no mazes whatsoever (most of the operating season). The rides (except Planet Snoopy) don't go away during Haunt, so I think comparing pricing to someplace that offers mazes alone is a bit of a false dichotomy. When Land of Illusion adds a multi-million-dollar coaster, maybe we can compare what each are offering for the price of a ticket. If one is /only/ interested in mazes, I would certainly encourage them to go to someplace specializing in them, because Haunt is more about adding a little something different to an already awesome amusement park.

It's been a few years ago, but I used to go up to CP in the fall, and loved the park (and Breakers) all decorated for the season, and riding coasters. I was only vaguely aware they even had mazes in addition to the decoration and roaming actors, but still had a great time. I miss it quite a bit, and wish I could go back.

If it were just about my personal enjoyment, I would prefer KI to focus their Haunt dollars on shows, roaming entertainment, and decorations (I adore that Jack in the Box), because I'm not that interested in the mazes in general (outside of small parts of a couple of them). But, I do like that they have mazes because anyone occupied by one isn't in line in front of me for a coaster :)

• Like 10

I've noticed when I go to the Haunt website and when I scroll down really fast on the mobile Version once I click on the rides and attractions button you can see for a split second a list that starts with black out. Just wondered if anyone noticed anything similar or different on the desktop version of the website.

I like Scarowinds' backstory for their Slaughterhouse: https://www.carowinds.com/haunt/ride/Fury/cat/Mazes

I've been meaning to try the Land of Illusion for a couple of years, but I've never come up with the money to buy a ticket (plus I'd rather not go alone; haunted houses and trails are a lot more fun with friends). Perhaps, since it's not too far away from KI, we should organize a group trip? Even if we only get two or three on the trip, that's way better than going solo.

For the past couple of years I've been getting a group together to go there on their opening weekend, which this year is September 11 & 12th.  It's the only weekend I can go since my Halloweekends trip is the following week and Haunt starts the week after that.  I'll make sure to include you in the invite.

• Like 2

I've noticed when I go to the Haunt website and when I scroll down really fast on the mobile Version once I click on the rides and attractions button you can see for a split second a list that starts with black out. Just wondered if anyone noticed anything similar or different on the desktop version of the website.

What link/URL are you using to access it? I haven't been able to find a current one but what little I've found (using haunt.visitkingsisland.com) is a barebones out-of-date site that includes a map listing Delta Delta Die as a new attraction.

• Like 1

It was time before it ever opened.

Amen! Here here! Huzzah!

What kind of image do you want to portray? What should kids be seeing? If someone says Haunt is an adult event I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell him. That was pure marketing, and questionable marketing at that. Hey let's see how seedy crowds we can get. *Steps off soapbox.

• Like 3