Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

I just poked around a bit on the Haunt site, and when I got into the ticket store, I noticed that in the Fright Lane section, Skeleton Key is listed ONLY on the admission/Fright Lane combo deal. There is NO mention of it on the listing for Fright Lane a la carte.

I really hope that is simply an error, and that Skeleton Key is still available without buying an admission ticket, because if it isn't, that's a really, really stupid way to alienate a very large portion of your attendees (i.e. Gold and Platinum Passholders) by telling them that they must buy an admission ticket they don't need to get Skeleton Key.

• Like 2

Fright Lane is available for purchase on its own in the Kings Island online store. There is no product panel in the main Haunt store, so you have to use the drop-down menu. (Haunt->Fright Lane)

I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is that Skeleton Key does not appear to be available by itself. The listing for Fright Lane by itself does not mention Skeleton Key. Only the listing in that section for the admission-and-Fright-Lane combo mentions the inclusion of Skeleton Key. Unless this is an error, the implication is that Fright Lane does NOT include Skeleton Key UNLESS you buy it in combination with an admission ticket. Which is stupid.

• Like 3

Fright Lane is available for purchase on its own in the Kings Island online store. There is no product panel in the main Haunt store, so you have to use the drop-down menu. (Haunt->Fright Lane)

I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is that Skeleton Key does not appear to be available by itself. The listing for Fright Lane by itself does not mention Skeleton Key. Only the listing in that section for the admission-and-Fright-Lane combo mentions the inclusion of Skeleton Key. Unless this is an error, the implication is that Fright Lane does NOT include Skeleton Key UNLESS you buy it in combination with an admission ticket. Which is stupid.

It appears that they have fixed said issue , Fright Lane with Skeleton Key can be purchased separate online or on the mobile app for as low as $40

• Like 3

There should be a lesson in there for Fast Lane, but as it would degrade it's value, I doubt it will be learned.

Though some might argue, myself for example, that a limited Fast Lane, with a lower price tag, might increase sales to the point of offsetting the current plan.

Lets say once on everything, and a second on 2 rides of your choice. And in fact, this could actually allow a substantial increase in cost, for sales of the current version. I would see this as a win for everyone, lower number of Fast Lane users overall on the most popular rides, and a chance for the park to gouge, err.... I mean give the opportunity to, those willing to pay. Now this wouldn't come without some kind of growing pains of course. The days of the wrist band would have to be over, except for the unlimited version of course. But something as easy as a punch card could take it's place, like Haunt already uses . Or of course, bar code scanners, or electronic devices, like Flash Pass at Six parks. 

• Like 3

Im all for for the limited uses, yes its good to offer the opportunity for people willing to spend the dough to have a better experience, but when someone's marathoning on a ride 3 or more times before some people even get halfway through the line.. it makes the days experience dampened for the normal guest visitor.. which, the park should be trying to make their day special as much as the Fast Pass patreon.

Maybe Fast Lane and Fright Lane barcodes could be loaded onto your season pass information so that you just present that instead of a wristband or a necklace with a card.

• Like 3

I think they were mostly looking for a single word to describe the Haunt attractions that have the guests wait in a line to walk through, regardless of whether they are inside like Slaughterhouse, or outdoors like Cornstalkers. "Mazes" may not be the best descriptor, but it differentiates them from the Scare Zones (like Freak Street) which have wandering scareactors, but no lines to wait or walk through.

• Like 3

Shouldn't Corn Stalkers be considered a maize?

I really wish they would offer Skeleton Key on it's own. I've been able to do every maze that I've wanted waiting in the lines. It would be fun to do the Skeleton Key attractions just once for say $15 dollars or maybe an endless Skeleton Key for $25.

• Like 2