Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

BTW.....did anyone else notice that the Haunt website says that Slaughterhouse is located in Action Zone?....ummmm.....don't think so...

Wut? Were bak in akshun zown?  We aint bin thair sins that chikn shak ran us owt ov town!  Now im all sortsa konfuzd!  We had a nys noo hows n now were kikd owta thair 2?  We wuz jest gittin cozie n that hows now we got 2 moov all tha pigys n stuf?  Mama aint gunna lyk that 1 bit!  -Sam

5 days remaining. Almost 4! I'm so excited!

U aint anywair neer az xited az me! -Sam

Im very curious what Blackout is.. I want to do it

I wunt 2 no 2!  I hope mayb mama wil let me n tha rest ov tha famlie play in thair if were good.  We need 2 git all r wurk dun furst!  -Sam

EDIT: Sorry about that.  It always happens this time of year: the barrier between Sam and me becomes weaker and he's able to seep through easier.  I've set him straight that according to the map in the "Plan Your Visit" section of the website that Slaughter House is staying exactly where it was last year so he doesn't have to worry about moving all the animals and equipment to another new location. 

• Like 11

Magenta Lizard,

I would like to publicly apologize for Sam's confusion with your name the other night.  As you know, Sam's not the best speller so he thought "magenta" and "magnetic" were the same thing.  So when he asked you about having a magnetic lizard and what you would do with one (ie stick it to the fridge), he was being sincere.  But I don't know what he was thinking when he asked you why you had a cat as your profile picture and if that cat had eaten your magnetic lizard.  I guess he just had food on his mind (that'll happen working where he does) and figured that the cat looked happy like he had just had a good meal.

I had a long talk with him trying to explain that magenta is a color and that no lizards were harmed by the cat, but I don't think it quite sank in.

• Like 8

At Cedar Point's Zombie High School yesterday,

a post-it note reading "call me Sprinkles" was placed on the back of a particularly scared female guest. Every scaractor proceeded to single her out, drawing screams of terror each time. I informed her of the post-it note about halfway through the maze, advising her to take it off to stop the barrage.

She was literally in tears upon existing the maze.

• Like 3

Okay...two Haunt related questions as this has been on my mind the last few years.

1st - The names on the large mausoleum type buildings - are those current/former/notable team? Or just random names? 

2nd - In the parking lot, several rows of the parking lot were blocked off next to (south side) of the large KI sign and middle grassy area. Is that to allow for easy access of emergency vehicles (if ever needed) from the main road? Or is it some other use? Having never been to Haunt in the evening, I was confused each time I saw it.

• Like 2

Quick question. So I know that during rain monsters do not roam the park and that the outdoor mazes close as well. If it stops raining do the monsters come back out and the outdoor mazes open? What's the policy on that?

Asked. Not yet answered....

Helpful Terpy

The answer is... Yes. I think it was the last Saturday of Haunt, and the weather was weird (Rainy, I think- enough to close the outdoor mazes), but around 11 o'clockish, there were a group of roamers that were let back into the park. I was shocked, as a lot of fellow scareactors were sent home, but I guess there was a small group who stuck around (or were called back to the front lines) to scare some guests. 

• Like 2

I noticed Friday night that Tower Drinks has been converted into a self service beverage station.  No more food or counter service, just fountain drinks and one person to take your money, and a line to fill your cup.

Interesting. I wonder if their drink selection has changed. In the past, I have avoided Tower Drinks due to the fact that they do not offer any soft drinks that I like. If they now have Mello Yello or Barq's red creme soda, I would be more likely to buy a drink there instead of hunting down another drink stand.

• Like 1

is tombstone just a trail now? on friday the entrance was by madame fatales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there Saturday night and noticed no train too.  Maybe they think people will go through the haunt faster without having to board and exit the train.  However I liked the fact that you got to ride the train and it fit well with the theme of the haunt attraction.  I wonder if they made the path longer or if they just eliminated the train ride.  I hope to try it the next time I go to The Haunt.  It was so crowded on Saturday night (which I expected so no complaints) and hope to go on a Friday night when it is less crowded.   Went and ate at Reds Grill, went through Madame Fatales (fast line) and saw Monsters Rock. 

• Like 1

How crowded could I expect it to be on Oct. 31?  I know many factors come into play, like weather etc.  Being that it is a Saturday night, the last night of Haunt and Halloween itself.

I'm planning on coming up after work (from Lexington), checking into lodging, and then going to KI for a couple of hours.  Then all day Sunday for closing day.

• Like 2

Honestly, its going to be packed. Period. It always is but if you come early and stay late you can often find a flow. Or come when there's a chance of rain. You may be screwed , but last year I went on a 40% chance of rain and it only rained for 20mins.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Considering Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, expect to see lighter crowds than normal due to:

1. Children and families trick-or-treating without having to worry about school the next morning, and
  2. Adult-oriented Halloween parties actually taking place on Halloween as opposed to, like, the Saturday before if it were on a Tuesday.

Of course, Halloween is also the final night Haunt is open, so there will still probably be crowds trying to squeeze in one last round of scares.

• Like 8