Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

The glowing red eyes on the Eiffel Tower are a very subtle but effective touch.  Its especially effective when the tower is at a moment when its not lit, just the eyes ominously overlooking the park.  Add to that an overcast night sky and its just perfect for the Haunt/Halloween.  

• Like 9

Quick question. So I know that during rain monsters do not roam the park and that the outdoor mazes close as well. If it stops raining do the monsters come back out and the outdoor mazes open? What's the policy on that?

Overflow for Preferred Parking, I believe.

Uh... what? That's a strange non sequitur. :blink:

• Like 3

This was a surprise to see when I got here tonight: 4e08629ad47257019ba91453f72edcdf.jpg

Now that is theming....I hope they keep up with this sort of immersive theming for Haunt! BTW....that looks an awful lot like a certain Haunted House from a local park from long, long ago.... maybe a hint to the future? I hope so!!!

• Like 9

Quick question. So I know that during rain monsters do not roam the park and that the outdoor mazes close as well. If it stops raining do the monsters come back out and the outdoor mazes open? What's the policy on that?

Do what?

Confused Terp

Well... you're the interpreter, figure it out for us!

• Like 6

Posted at 12:25 am on a Saturday night.... We're we drunk posting?

• Like 2

Okay, I think I figured out the non sequitur. I think it was supposed to be a reply to this:

Okay...two Haunt related questions as this has been on my mind the last few years.

1st - The names on the large mausoleum type buildings - are those current/former/notable team? Or just random names? 

2nd - In the parking lot, several rows of the parking lot were blocked off next to (south side) of the large KI sign and middle grassy area. Is that to allow for easy access of emergency vehicles (if ever needed) from the main road? Or is it some other use? Having never been to Haunt in the evening, I was confused each time I saw it.

I've never figured out why that section of the parking lot is blocked off during the fall season. I'm sure there is a reason, though.

I'm not sure, though.

• Like 1

So I'm going to Haunt this weekend....can someone help me with the following?

How scary would you say Haunt is?

What should I expect this year?

I've never been before (this is my first time going to haunt)...any tips?

anything else I need to know?

I'm super nervous and idk why but someone just plz help me out here.

• Like 2

Kings Island's Halloween Haunt event is the same as any other normal operating day in the summer except:

- There are creepy monsters (ScareActors) in the scare zones that jump out at you.

- There are Haunted attractions (mazes) that are completely voluntary to go in.

- there's fog

- there's creepy music

- park stays open till 1:00

- Soak City and Planet Snoopy are closed

- different, creepier shows

I'd say give it a try if you haven't been. Most new things are at least worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

So I'm going to Haunt this weekend....can someone help me with the following?

How scary would you say Haunt is?

What should I expect this year?

I've never been before (this is my first time going to haunt)...any tips?

anything else I need to know?

I'm super nervous and idk why but someone just plz help me out here.

How scary is it? Well, it depends. Part of it is what you make it, as mazes are completely voluntary (as Italian Job 2005 said), but at the same time, Scareactors may be out in the scare zones, which frighten those that are unaware. There are 4 scarezones (5 if you count Backwoods Bayou, which I think of a brief, 1-way maze), 3 of which contain Scareactors. Planet Snoopy turns into Freak Street at night. This is my personal favorite, since I worked in there last season (as a Sweep) and have friends there, but I'd say avoid it if you don't like getting scared because there are a lot of scareactors in a small area. Coney Mall becomes Coney Maul, and I'd say this area is the best bet for not getting scared as Coney is huge, plus you can hide in X-Base as they don't go down there. Nightmare Alley (on the way to Action Zone) has no scareactors, but does have a big spider that pops out at you and makes a loud noise, plus The Undertaker (Haunt mascot) 's throne is in that general area. Rivertown has probably the most scareactors for the longest distance, so be prepared to dodge 'em on the way to The Beast. In summery, if you want to lap the park and are trying to avoid the scares, go through Action Zone into Coney.

As for the mazes themselves, Carnevil seems to be the least scary (unless you are deathly afraid of clowns) while Bored to Death and Slaugterhouse seem to be on the more intense side of things. I have not done all the mazes and your milage (and scare tolerance) may vary. Personally, I don't enjoy getting scared, but I do like to go and see others get scared, get some great night rides and give some of the mazes a try.

If you are choosing between nights, Friday nights are less crowded, but does include the Wall of Monsters (some scareactors hanging out at the entrance before going back to their respective mazes/scare zones) when gates open at 6. However, keep in mind that Saturdays are way more crowded than Fridays, even though there may be a higher chance of you getting scared by someone due to less people. Whichever night you choose, have fun and enjoy your night! 

PS: If you do end up braving Slaughterhouse, one of our member's alter-egos lurks in the 3rd room...  :D

• Like 6

If people jumping out from dark places or fog scares you, you might want to get a "no boo" necklace, it wards off the monsters. There are ways to avoid them (however, they are a friendly lot and won't touch you.).

Go anyway you might really enjoy yourself!

The rides in the dark are supreme.

• Like 6

Also, check out a show if you want to experience something of Haunt but dont want any chance of being scared. You'll know exactly what to expect when it comes to Blood Drums, Hot Blooded, and the semi-recycled Monster Rock. ;)

I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere of the park even if you are a little nervous. Without going in mazes, I feel you may be hyping yourself up to more terror than will actually happen.

:)

• Like 2

I missed the opening weekend and last weekend as well due to being at Halloween Horror Nights 25.   I have a lot of catching up to do since i missed the first two weeks.  For all the production value of Universals HHN its funny i still prefer KI's Haunt a bit more.  I can't wait to go friday, KI did a great job on that facade this year! Leaving work early to catch the opening of the gates. 

• Like 4