Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

So I'm going to Haunt this weekend....can someone help me with the following?

How scary would you say Haunt is?

What should I expect this year?

I've never been before (this is my first time going to haunt)...any tips?

anything else I need to know?

I'm super nervous and idk why but someone just plz help me out here.

How scary is it? Well, it depends. Part of it is what you make it, as mazes are completely voluntary (as Italian Job 2005 said), but at the same time, Scareactors may be out in the scare zones, which frighten those that are unaware. There are 4 scarezones (5 if you count Backwoods Bayou, which I think of a brief, 1-way maze), 3 of which contain Scareactors. Planet Snoopy turns into Freak Street at night. This is my personal favorite, since I worked in there last season (as a Sweep) and have friends there, but I'd say avoid it if you don't like getting scared because there are a lot of scareactors in a small area. Coney Mall becomes Coney Maul, and I'd say this area is the best bet for not getting scared as Coney is huge, plus you can hide in X-Base as they don't go down there. Nightmare Alley (on the way to Action Zone) has no scareactors, but does have a big spider that pops out at you and makes a loud noise, plus The Undertaker (Haunt mascot) 's throne is in that general area. Rivertown has probably the most scareactors for the longest distance, so be prepared to dodge 'em on the way to The Beast. In summery, if you want to lap the park and are trying to avoid the scares, go through Action Zone into Coney.

As for the mazes themselves, Carnevil seems to be the least scary (unless you are deathly afraid of clowns) while Bored to Death and Slaugterhouse seem to be on the more intense side of things. I have not done all the mazes and your milage (and scare tolerance) may vary. Personally, I don't enjoy getting scared, but I do like to go and see others get scared, get some great night rides and give some of the mazes a try.

If you are choosing between nights, Friday nights are less crowded, but does include the Wall of Monsters (some scareactors hanging out at the entrance before going back to their respective mazes/scare zones) when gates open at 6. However, keep in mind that Saturdays are way more crowded than Fridays, even though there may be a higher chance of you getting scared by someone due to less people. Whichever night you choose, have fun and enjoy your night!

PS: If you do end up braving Slaughterhouse, one of our member's alter-egos lurks in the 3rd room... :D

Delta delta die is imo the least scariest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I suspect receipt of a cease and desist?

See also Twisted Sisters, VooDoo, Grizzly at Silverwood....

I thought for a second this was Busch Gardens jumping down the Island's throat because they share(d) the exact same attraction with almost the exact same name (Howl-O-Scream's was called Delta Epsilon Delta), but that sorority house is no longer in Tampa. Guess it just boiled down to an actual Delta Delta Delta sorority getting mad and saying, "Hey, stop it", and Kings Island responding with, "Okay."

EDIT: Cool to see Busch Gardens with their own take on Knott's Infected attraction where you have laser guns and take down zombies.

• Like 5

I wonder why they changed the name?

Could explain why things were painted over on the front of the house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What did they paint on it?  (if anyone has pics, I would like to see what they did) Also did they change any of the content in the maze to go with the rename/rebrand? 

(Last statement (irrelevant to Sorority House)) Has PKI/KI ever changed a house or scare zone's name/content during a previous event's run or is DDD the first?

(Last statement (irrelevant to Sorority House)) Has PKI/KI ever changed a house or scare zone's name/content during a previous event's run or is DDD the first?

Maze of Madness at 2001's FearFest was initially to be known as "The Morgue", prior to sensitivity concerns.

If you're looking at more examples of Halloween events changing attractions/displays over public response, I typed-up a lot of them a year ago:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/30234-busch-gardens-does-away-with-severed-head-display/page-2#entry652707

Edit - And from this year, Universal Studios Hollywood removed a "darnation Army" sign from one of its attractions, supposedly after complaints.

• Like 4

Maze of Madness at 2001's FearFest was initially to be known as "The Morgue", prior to sensitivity concerns.

If you're looking at more examples of Halloween events changing attractions/displays over public response, I typed-up a lot of them a year ago:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/30234-busch-gardens-does-away-with-severed-head-display/page-2#entry652707

Edit - And from this year, Universal Studios Hollywood removed a "darnation Army" sign from one of its attractions, supposedly after complaints.

"sensitivity concerns" I.E. Political correctness.
  • Like 1

"sensitivity concerns" I.E. Political correctness.

I wonder why they're making such a big deal about it now? It's been like 2 or so years we've had it as DDD. 

"Dinkleberg"

• Like 3

Don't know if anyone has brought this up or not, but could the gravestones around The Beast's queue be an easter egg towards next year's Haunt? I noticed they all end in 1979and some type of relation with that bio-hazard symbol. Could this be hinting at a Beast or Son of Beast themed maze next year? Or even a new dark ride centered around it? I might be reading way too far into it but it was something that stuck out to me and rhyano while in line for The Beast last night.

• Like 3

The Beast has been notorious for nods to past attractions. This is simply a nod to a loss of a son and a great way show guests the remains being disturbed during the Haunt season yet again.

Also I must say that Carnevil and SlaughterHouse were excellent waits on Friday and SlaughterHouse still delivers on that iconic scare it is known for. (But I'm still trying to find out whether or not they serve kangaroo meat?)

• Like 3

My son and I enjoyed the Haunt this weekend.  Saturday was crazy busy but we got a chance to walk around and hit a few of the houses.  Very pleased for the most part.  The menacing tower looks great!   We posted a little video of the haunt on youtube.  It might be worth watching to determine if you want to attend the evening festivities or not.  We can't wait to go back again this weekend. https://youtu.be/h584Zbay0vE

• Like 6

I thought for a second this was Busch Gardens jumping down the Island's throat because they share(d) the exact same attraction with almost the exact same name (Howl-O-Scream's was called Delta Epsilon Delta), but that sorority house is no longer in Tampa. Guess it just boiled down to an actual Delta Delta Delta sorority getting mad and saying, "Hey, stop it", and Kings Island responding with, "Okay."

EDIT: Cool to see Busch Gardens with their own take on Knott's Infected attraction where you have laser guns and take down zombies.

Its a good idea that they didn't change the name to Scream Queens or they would have the same problem as DDD.  Sorority House seems too generic though.  How about Sorority House Vampires in honor of Club Blood!

• Like 1

My son and I enjoyed the Haunt this weekend.  Saturday was crazy busy but we got a chance to walk around and hit a few of the houses.  Very pleased for the most part.  The menacing tower looks great!   We posted a little video of the haunt on youtube.  It might be worth watching to determine if you want to attend the evening festivities or not.  We can't wait to go back again this weekend. https://youtu.be/h584Zbay0vE

Great video! 

At the beginning of the video, when you are walking toward the Banshee (around the :50 mark)--is that a version of the music they used to play on first lift hill of The Beast?

The Beast theming actually has a Son of Beast reference.  Right between the first and second queue house, SoB is spelled on the ground with rock/sticks, and there are a couple of pieces (wheel covers) from the original Son of Beast trains.  They also added signs to the first and second queues that say "Beast Containment Area 1/2" or something to that effect.

• Like 3

Great video! 

At the beginning of the video, when you are walking toward the Banshee (around the :50 mark)--is that a version of the music they used to play on first lift hill of The Beast?

Thanks!  Good ear on the music.  It was used on the lift hill, the song is called The Darkest Day and it was from the Independance Day soundtrack i believe. 

• Like 1

Went to Haunt this past Friday and just had a couple of points to make.

It seemed like every maze was running VERY thin on staffing.  I would venture to guess that most of the houses had about 10 people working, in addition to a few roamers I saw.  This issue was persistent all night.

I really enjoyed Blackout, it was my favorite of the night.  It was also the longest wait of the night for me, about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Went to Haunt this past Friday and just had a couple of points to make.

It seemed like every maze was running VERY thin on staffing. I would venture to guess that most of the houses had about 10 people working, in addition to a few roamers I saw. This issue was persistent all night.

I agree that staffing seemed thin in some of the houses Friday as well as scare zones. Saturday the park was so crowded we left early but they had more characters in the scare zones than Friday.

Its a good idea that they didn't change the name to Scream Queens or they would have the same problem as DDD.  Sorority House seems too generic though.  How about Sorority House Vampires in honor of Club Blood!

Noted that the chick in the neck brace said that the sorority in Scream Queens was founded in Miami U. In Oxford.

Nail on head.

• Like 4