Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

The Beast has been notorious for nods to past attractions. This is simply a nod to a loss of a son and a great way show guests the remains being disturbed during the Haunt season yet again.

Also I must say that Carnevil and SlaughterHouse were excellent waits on Friday and SlaughterHouse still delivers on that iconic scare it is known for. (But I'm still trying to find out whether or not they serve kangaroo meat?)

I aint nevr seen no kangaroo meet in tha hows butt mama myt hav sum in her seekrit stash. - Sam

Its a good idea that they didn't change the name to Scream Queens or they would have the same problem as DDD.  Sorority House seems too generic though.  How about Sorority House Vampires in honor of Club Blood!

Noted that the chick in the neck brace said that the sorority in Scream Queens was founded in Miami U. In Oxford.

Nail on head.

We noticed that too; being Miami alums it stuck out to us.  Scream Queens is a Ryan Murphy show, who also did Glee, which was set in Lima and referenced Kings Island and Cedar Point several times.

• Like 3

Haunt Fridays are generally less busy than Saturdays.  A lot of the target audience are attending various HS football games, or otherwise doing something else on Fridays.  Most KI vets will go Fridays, esp. if they're not planning to buy Fright Lane, which is almost a must on Saturdays if you hope to hit more than just a few rides and mazes.  I don't think the 5k will change that dynamic.

• Like 6

Quick question. So I know that during rain monsters do not roam the park and that the outdoor mazes close as well. If it stops raining do the monsters come back out and the outdoor mazes open? What's the policy on that?

Overflow for Preferred Parking, I believe.

Do what?

Confused Terp

Well... you're the interpreter, figure it out for us!

"He's the Interpreter Jim, not a darn magician" 

• Like 2

Last Saturday, amid a crowded Rivertown, I tripped on the curb and fell into the midway landscaping near Reds Hall of Fame Grille. I was walking against the crowd (which was largely exiting the park around 11:30pm), and a fog machine just behind the curb rendered it invisible. The fog in general doesn't bother me, but I now hate the placement of that one particular fog machine.

Not even a scrape, luckily, but I did freak out several people walking nearby.

• Like 2

Went tonight and did the Fright Feast. What a nice little idea but it was just a bit too cold to really enjoy the food and company. It was almost eat and go. Which in reality probably helps keep people from staying and eating too much.

We ended up hitting a few scares tonight.

Blackout- a cool idea. It was executed well. I like it better than Club Blood that was their. I wish there was more to it though. You could really play it up on your senses if you keep it dark the whole time (vs most).

Slaughterhouse- skeleton key room was a nice addition. Overall a solid house.

Wax Museum haunt- the skeleton key room on their was great. Really enjoyed it. Also loved the maze itself. The use of strobes and wall shapes really sell it.

Overall a nice little trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

How many people get hurt with the dim lighting, fog machines, etc during Haunt? I am all for darkened areas, but some of the places around the park at this time seem a little unsafe.

A primary reason I don't go to SFA BooFest.

Just think of the potential for mayhem and malfeasance in the dark shadows of that place.

And then there's the parking lot.

• Like 1

^ Generic names like Slaughter House, Sorority House, and Blackout avoid any unanticipated problems with a similarly named person or organization.

I call B.S. 

Anybody in the entertainment industry understands the importance of telling a great story. Creating exciting content for haunts are particularly fun and -somewhat- easy. This was just a lazy change with zero thought put into it. How about..."Ms. Killjoy's School for Girls", "Kill-U", "D.O.A: Delta Omega Alpha"...etc. etc. 

• Like 5

^ Generic names like Slaughter House, Sorority House, and Blackout avoid any unanticipated problems with a similarly named person or organization.

I call B.S.

Anybody in the entertainment industry understands the importance of telling a great story. Creating exciting content for haunts are particularly fun and -somewhat- easy. This was just a lazy change with zero thought put into it. How about..."Ms. Killjoy's School for Girls", "Kill-U", "D.O.A: Delta Omega Alpha"...etc. etc.

I couldn't agree more. I think most of the content to KIs Haunt is an afterthought,
  • Like 2

Lines were so long yesterday.. I used my fright feast fast pass for blackout and walked almost straight in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have saved mine for it but we used it on another house. Ended up skipping Blackout, but have done similar mazes int eh past and never been impressed with them. Lines were big for the mazes but they all moved fairly quick. We did about 8 of them and the longest wait was probably about 40 minutes for Madame Fatales, and that was with the line back almost to The Beast entrance.

• Like 1

Laurie Holden from The Walking Dead here at KI OCTOBER 30!! Cannot wait.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/The-Zombie-Event-of-the-Fall

Love the show, wish I could go to this!  Oh well...

On the subject of theming, now that the tower has eyes, why not put speakers at the top of the Eiffel Tower blasting Godzilla sounds?

And how loud would those speakers have to be to reach the people on the ground?

• Like 2