Haunt 2015

Bradenwhite

I can hear the Banshee scream from my house somedays...I don't have a problem with it - it's pretty cool! But it does make me laugh how there's a retirement community right next to KI...you can hear everything ​from there. Great place for a bunch of elderly people!

• Like 4

I can hear the Banshee scream from my house somedays...I don't have a problem with it - it's pretty cool! But it does make me laugh how there's a retirement community right next to KI...you can hear everything ​from there. Great place for a bunch of elderly people!

its kind of funny because at Kings High School. You didn't hear anything.
  • Like 3

I can hear the Banshee scream from my house somedays...I don't have a problem with it - it's pretty cool! But it does make me laugh how there's a retirement community right next to KI...you can hear everything ​from there. Great place for a bunch of elderly people!

"What did you say, Ethel"

• Like 5

"What did you say, Ethel"

That made me laugh more than it should have. Thanks for that. Hah! 

• Like 5

If you look at the URLs for Board To Death KillMart and Sorority House they are still from the old attractions, Mysteria (Board To Death), Holiday Horror (KillMart), and Cut Throat Cove (Sorority House). Does anyone know why this is? Are the present haunts where the old ones were? The same thing happened to The Bat, it still says Flight Deck.

• Like 3

If you look at the URLs for Board To Death KillMart and Sorority House they are still from the old attractions, Mysteria (Board To Death), Holiday Horror (KillMart), and Cut Throat Cove (Sorority House). Does anyone know why this is? Are the present haunts where the old ones were? The same thing happened to The Bat, it still says Flight Deck.

Board to Death indeed took over Mysteria's former location. However, the other two are not even close. Cut Throat Cove was on the back patio of Hank's, while Sorority House took over Massacre Manor's location (and really isn't much more than a retheming of the latter). KillMart is in a location that has not hosted a maze before (it used to be an arcade building), while Holiday Horror was all the way over in Planet Snoopy in the Peanuts Playhouse (now the petting zoo).

• Like 3

My family was at KI this past Saturday and in years past we enjoyed watching the Undertaker interact with guests at the front before we leave because my kids are too young for any of the Haunt attractions. My question is where was the Undertaker at? We could hear him over the speakers but never saw him. I asked a couple of workers and they just shrugged their shoulders.

• Like 3

My family was at KI this past Saturday and in years past we enjoyed watching the Undertaker interact with guests at the front before we leave because my kids are too young for any of the Haunt attractions. My question is where was the Undertaker at? We could hear him over the speakers but never saw him. I asked a couple of workers and they just shrugged their shoulders.

Rumor has it he was Under the Sea.  From Thee Undertaker's Facebook page:

Ehemmm! Some of you have wondered where Thee Undertaker Has Gone!!!???

I've Gone FISHNG!!! But dont take my word for it!!! SEA FOR YOUR SHELL!!! I mean self!!!

He's playing King Triton in The Children's Theater of Cincinnati's production of The Little Mermaid.  The performances are over early enough that he can be at KI at the end of the night, but not necessarily the beginning of the night.

https://www.thechildrenstheatre.com/mainstage/details/disneys-the-little-mermaid-jr

• Like 6

I remember walking into the park last Friday, and hearing a different voice over the speakers. I thought maybe he was sick and that he'd come back tomorrow. Nope, I was a little disappointed, because hearing his voice while walking into the park gives you that Haunt feeling. Didn't really feel it. So thanks for sharing I was curious where he went. Hope he's back tonight.

• Like 5

Was down at Haunt this past Friday and my overall opinion is that Haunt has become uninspired.  I have been going to FearFest/Haunt since inception and this years rendition was very underwhelming.

The only positive from the night is that lines were short.

My thoughts on the park.  Lots of fog as always and great use of LED effect lighting throughout the park, but the random placement of props and displays is just odd.  Still haven't figured out the purpose of the stage over by the theater in Nightmare Alley and why do they not have a handful of characters roaming that area? Could be a great scare zone.  

Speaking of actors, not sure how many times I notice characters in scare zones or roamers just standing around and talking with each other or park guests. Seriously?  Witnessed multiple statue characters just conversing rather than engaging the crowd as they walked by.  I thought one time down I-Street as I walked behind a couple supervisors they would say something to the socializing statues, nope they just smiled and moved on.  May as well get your cell phone out and update Facebook while your socializing because that is how pathetic the effort was from most actors.  I did notice a few who were menacing the guests, but these actors were far outnumbered by those who came across uninterested.  These observations were carried over to the houses we went through as well.  Actors just standing and passing the time rather than trying.  Groups were small enough they could reset, but instead chose not too or were never set to begin with.  I understand these are long nights, but the park and management needs to do a much better job in motivating and incentivizing the actors.  Then again when your own app rates most of the houses as not scary, you have sent a message loud and clear you don't care anymore.

Overall we left very underwhelmed by the event and this years rendition played as nothing more than a late season cash grab. 

• Like 4

Was down at Haunt this past Friday and my overall opinion is that Haunt has become uninspired.  I have been going to FearFest/Haunt since inception and this years rendition was very underwhelming.

The only positive from the night is that lines were short.

My thoughts on the park.  Lots of fog as always and great use of LED effect lighting throughout the park, but the random placement of props and displays is just odd.  Still haven't figured out the purpose of the stage over by the theater in Nightmare Alley and why do they not have a handful of characters roaming that area? Could be a great scare zone.  

Speaking of actors, not sure how many times I notice characters in scare zones or roamers just standing around and talking with each other or park guests. Seriously?  Witnessed multiple statue characters just conversing rather than engaging the crowd as they walked by.  I thought one time down I-Street as I walked behind a couple supervisors they would say something to the socializing statues, nope they just smiled and moved on.  May as well get your cell phone out and update Facebook while your socializing because that is how pathetic the effort was from most actors.  I did notice a few who were menacing the guests, but these actors were far outnumbered by those who came across uninterested.  These observations were carried over to the houses we went through as well.  Actors just standing and passing the time rather than trying.  Groups were small enough they could reset, but instead chose not too or were never set to begin with.  I understand these are long nights, but the park and management needs to do a much better job in motivating and incentivizing the actors.  Then again when your own app rates most of the houses as not scary, you have sent a message loud and clear you don't care anymore.

Overall we left very underwhelmed by the event and this years rendition played as nothing more than a late season cash grab. 

Surprised that a scare zone listed on the park map and on the website as a scare zone has no monsters roaming though said scare zone. This stinks because there are people like Gator's evil(?) twin brother and plenty of other monsters working their butts off being actually scary, but it just seems to be that a vast majority of monsters are just not giving it their all. And why this is still an issue when we're about to hit the last weekend of the event and of the season is beyond me, considering most "weak" actors are removed by the second or third weekend. It's ridiculous how many issues there are plaguing the event that have gone unfixed and ignored. 

• Like 3

I honestly think unless Haunt gets a major overhaul, say maybe bring in a outside company to design the attractions like for Fearfest's inaugural year, which is highly unlikely. Halloween Haunt will continue to be on a decline and their mazes will become even more dated. Sorority House has been the exact same for a decade, minus the empty beers.

• Like 3

I would much rather wait in an hour or 2 (or longer) long line for a very unique fun interesting maze than wait 30-60 minutes for a few tired mazes.  I feel for the actors.  You dont really have time to reset between groups.  Slaughter House seems to really have it going on as the groups seem much more manageable and allows the actors to do their things.  But other houses where groups of 25 roll through it seems almost like the actors never get a moment.  

• Like 5