6/1/04

I finally got my Season Pass on Monday with Kloeker (newby). So when we were about to go into the park we had to go through security checks. I was loaded with tons of stuff in my pants (e.g. camera, cell phone, glasses, keys, watch, and wallet). Kloeker went through first and I waited. Then the guy waved me through and the machine beeped. The guy didn't even notice and let me through. I tried it later on and I got stopped and they had to wand me and I had to take everything out of my pants.

Any of you guys had that happen?

Yeah why'd you bring keys? and wallet? what are you, some sort of obsessive compulsive crazyman?!?! </sarcasm>

Sorry PKI Punk, had to do it. But yeah you should empty your pockets of stuff that'll make the thing beep, that's pretty obvious.

I've never heard of that, sounds like a rumor if I've ever heard one. JPlus, stunguns don't kill people, and there's plenty of things like knives that can be used as weapons all throughout the park. Just check out these deadly weapons [shows fists like boxer]. Eh? Eh? Eh?

I've never heard of that, sounds like a rumor if I've ever heard one. JPlus, stunguns don't kill people, and there's plenty of things like knives that can be used as weapons all throughout the park. Just check out these deadly weapons [shows fists like boxer]. Eh? Eh? Eh?

I know it did happen... look at the enquirer website and search Kings Island. Anyway, i think increased security is here to stay with what is going on in the world.

The incident at the front gate last year did happen and about a week before or after that a security officer was shot and wounded at the front gate of Canada's Wonderland.

The metal detectors, although they might be annoying, are there for your protection. Even the employees have to go through them at our entrance. It's just a part of keeping a reasonably safe environment.

Just do your part to make things go quickly... don't bring in coolers, backpacks, large bags, large purses, knifes. Also don't wear any of the "Goth" jewelry. The spiked (only spiked, if it's rounded, it should be okay) necklaces, bracelets, belts, aren't allowed in the park. The security personnel at the front gate will let you know what you can and cannot bring into the park. Arguing won't get you anywhere, so please don't bother. We don't bend the rules. The best it will get you is someone telling you that you won't be allowed to come in the park at all.

• 2 weeks later...

They need to open up more metal detectors. I was there Saturday and there was only 2 open. It reminds me of a Wal Mart.

Is anyone on here a diabetic? If so, how do you go about taking your insulin and needles in? I've been afraid to take them and have just left the park when it's time for my shot.

I find those security stops just stupid and pointless. No one's going to go on a rampage at King's Island, and didn't they just do that because of 9/11 anyways?

That could quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard. No one thinks someone's going to go on a rampage at school, the workplace, or anywhere else do they? It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get through the detectors. It's for your safety deal with it. Get there early before the park opens so you don't lose any of that precious riding time.

The real question is, does it truly make anyone safer. I hardly think so. Compare PKI incidents to those who do not have metal detectors and you will see what I am talking about. There are no more incidents at parks without metal detectors as there are with the detectors. So, isn't it really pointless? Good question about the insulin needles, though. I would think that PKI would allow this. But, then again, what's to stop a crazy diabetic from stabbing someone with one of these. Is there any way you could leave the insulin in a cooler in your car? Just a thought.

Well if the park didn't have the metal detectors and something did happen, you all would be blaming the park for not having them in the first place. Now when they have them and nothing does happen you complain they have them and that they take a whole five minutes to get through.

Do you guys not understand what kind of world we're living in today? When you go wipe out every terrorist and crazy person in this world. PKI will surely be happy enough to remove these for you.

Terrorists are not likely to attack an amusement park. Yes, it would kill many people all at the same time, but not that many. Terrorists are interested in taking out American Icons like the Whitehouse, or the Pentagon, or the Twin Towers(yes, I know, already done. Just making an example). Anyway, other likely targets will be more government buildings or some place that produces large amounts of dangerous chemicals that when hit, would spread chemicals to surrounding areas either injuring or killing thousands.

Oh yeah, if forgot. I was not complaining about the metal detectors. I was just trying to make a point about how effective they really are.

Edited by PKI Homey

Ok so Disneyworld isn't an American icon? Sure we're not Disneyworld, but that doesn't mean they won't attack. Who thought they would be plotting against a mall in Columbus?

Things happen unexpectedly. Why not be prepared to prevent rather than start preventing after it happens.

It may be an inconvenience for five minutes, but ya know what I sure feel alot safer and don't mind it all. People complain too much, especially when it's for their own good. You guys act like it takes an hour to get through them when it takes five minutes at the most.

People complain way too much over things to protect them.

Recent cases being the "so called torture" at the prison in Baghdad. They b**** and moan about that yet when someones head is chopped off it's like no one cares about that. What would you rather have, women's panties put over your head and a picture taken or would you rather have your head chopped off and have a picture taken? I mean complaining doesn't get you anywhere in the world, and if you can't realize the fact that we live in such an unstable world that we need these extra precautions you need to go over to Iraq and see.

I think you are not reading my posts. I am not complaining about the metal detectors or having to pass through them. Please read carefully. Read it over and over if you have to...just read it. The world is not becoming a more dangerous place to live in either. You are just buying into the hype that the media outlets produce on a daily basis. I would suggest you rent Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine. It shows just how paranoid America is compared to the rest of the world. It also shows that in places such as Canada, they don't even lock their front doors. Even those whom had been robbed before. There was a city in Canada that had only one gun death over a year's time. And, to add to that, the guy was from Michigan, not even Canada. You can't use Iraq as a model of what the world has become. Not a lot of nations are in this kind of situation. And yeah, I heard about the "alleged" plot against a mall in Columbus. Not sure if I buy that one either. And don't say because the government says so, it's true. They have a bad history of lying or misleading us. Perfect case example...George Bush lying about WMD and invading Iraq. Granted, Saddam Hussein is a dangerous person and needed to be dealt with, but you just can't go in and do things the way we did. This has all been a way to distract us from what was really going on. Bush wanted revenge on Hussein for threatening to kill his father. It's a well known fact that Bush, Cheney, and many others were already planning to invade Iraq before he was even elected. It's disgusting how he mislead the American public to further his own agenda. We should all be ashamed. And, next November, I plan on doing something about it...Voting.

• 3 weeks later...

*sighs* "Look what I started." blink.gif

The only reason I forgot to take that stuff out of my pockets was because I was so happy to finally make it out to PKI. It was my first time this year. And also to those freaks out there who ask why I carry so many things in my pockets, it was because I was with a friend while my folks weren't home (KEYS & CELL), I had money (WALLET), and PKI had changed (CAMERA)! So ease up off my back people! Gosh, any other newbie who's first trip it was probably would've done so, too.

• 2 weeks later...