Going to Soak City for the first time

amberxo2011

Welcome to the Forums! Her age wouldn't necessarily matter when it comes to life jackets. I think it's how tall she is. Also on some slides they don't like it if you have some sort of metal on your swim suit like a pocket button or something, they make you roll up your swim suit until it's covering the metal. Don't wear anything too revealing as I've seen people get turned away at the entrance for wearing something too revealing. It is a little hard to breathe in Tropical Twister. The life guards usually even tell you to hold your breath on the ride. I learned that just trying to breathe normally is a very bad idea. I actually had to sit down and cough up a bunch of water from where the water and gone in my mouth. Other than that, Soak City is a very nice water park and I think you and your family will enjoy it!

• Like 4

My younger niece and nephew really enjoy Splash Landing - they are 7 and 8 years old. Height wise, they are both small so the niece has to wear a life jacket as she is just under 48". 

I also recently asked the question about moving up to bigger slides for them and received great advice. That can be found here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31082-soak-city-tips-for-younger-kids

If you don't have someone hanging out with your bags, grab a locker. Don't leave things unattended. I once left my bag of towels and their shoes unattended for 45 minutes on a slow day and it was fine but others haven't been so lucky. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for the advice!

One last question, my sister is 47" and I'm seeing a lot of the requirements are 48", will they let her go down those if I am with her? I've never went to a water park before so I don't know how anything works so I'm sorry if this comes off silly.

• Like 1

They will measure her barefoot so if she has to be 48" for a ride, she won't be able to ride. I've done Zoom Flume with my niece and she loves it.

She will need a life jacket for Splash River. For her height, make sure to grab a yellow tube instead of a blue tube as they are smaller. Or do a double tube so you can ride together and not get separated.

• Like 3

With shoes, she is 48" and is lucky enough to ride the coasters on the dry side so she was a bit bummed that she's not going to be able to get on everything in the water park, but I'm very glad to see she will have lots other things to do! We're all very excited to go tomorrow!

• Like 4