Cedar Point 7-20-15

tuxedoman52

My parents, my friend, and I all got in the car Sunday night and headed for Sandusky. We stayed in the Maui Sands "resort". Before I talk about Cedar Point, I have to talk about this hotel. I highly suggest not staying there. It's old. run-down, and the doors from the outside to the inside were unlocked the entire night. Not to mention that they had to do repairs on the waterslides from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. today. The lifeguards seemed completely uninterested.

Anyway on to the visit. Here is a rundown of everything I did today:

*Note: I did purchase the Fast-Lane Plus wristband for my visit.

Ocean Motion

Millennium Force

Rougarou (This easily is in my top 5 favorite rides now. I was so impressed of what they made an average ride into!)

Maverick (Love the new restraints)

Mean Streak (Very painful as usual)

Maverick

Magnum

Corkscrew

Tried to ride Wicked Twister but I was too tall for those OTSRs

Gatekeeper

Raptor (While waiting in line, I noticed that somehow I had ripped my pants. It wasn't a small hole either. I predict that this happened on Magnum, Corkscrew, or Gatekeeper.)

Immediately after Raptor, my friend and I moved onto getting lunch since it was 2:00 p.m. by this point. I called my mom on the way over to Pink's and asked her if she could get me some new pants from the hotel. My Dad ended up wanting to leave after his experience on Mean Streak (his first roller coaster in 10 years) and was glad to go back to the hotel to get me some new shorts.

Millennium Force

(Met up with my Mom so I could get my shorts)

Tried to ride Rougarou but it was broken down :(

Tried to ride Top Thrill Dragster but is was broken down :(

Millennium Force

Iron Dragon

WindSeeker

Dodgem's

Gatekeeper

Extreme Sports Show

WindSeeker

We had dinner at the Cool Joe's Cafe. I had the same thing I had at Pink's and it was just as good.

Top Thrill Dragster

Skyhawk

Gemini

Rougarou

WindSeeker

Gatekeeper (We got in line at about 9:55. It immediately broke down and stayed that way until about 10:20 when they sent 3 test runs. Still, no one was able to ride. At about 10:35, two mechanics showed up and went into the operator's booth. They sent one test run and that was all they needed to see. They were finally letting people back on after about 40 minutes. My friend and I ended up being on the last train of the night because everyone behind us in line gave up. This was at about 10:55. After the ride we sprinted to the front gate because we knew my parents were not happy. We got back our hotel at 11:30 and just couldn't stop talking about how awesome our day was.

• Like 4