PTR 7/16/2015

KIfan73

Finally, last Thursday, July 16, I made my first trip to Kings Island for the season!!  The most amazing thing that happened today was that it dawned on me that I had visited on the exact same date last year...and that wasn't planned at all.  I was actually planning to go the day before, but things fell through.

I snapped this picture on the way to the park while driving down Kings Island Drive...I would be lying if I said this didn't bum me out a little.  So many of my trips to Kings Island over the last few decades has involved the good ole Kings Island Resort.

IMG_1170.jpg

I really liked this display.  I am a big fan of Dinosaurs Alive.

IMG_1173.jpg

I took advantage of the Gold Pass ERT on Banshee, and got one ride in with virtually no wait.  And then I headed straight to...Starbucks.  I am definitely a "coffee achiever" and I had only had one cup at home at this point.  It's about a 1.5 hour drive for me to KI, plus the time I spent walking to and riding Banshee, I really needed a cup of coffee.

I have to say the new Starbucks is the best addition to International Street since I've been visiting the park.  I really seems like that spot was meant for it.  I also thought the windows out the back were really neat to look out of.  I wonder if those windows have always been there??

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Plus, this Starbucks probably has one of the best views when looking out of its entrance:

IMG_1183.jpg

Always an important shot:

IMG_1187.jpg

The park was especially photogenic today:

IMG_1188.jpg

The new Coca-Cola Marketplace in Coney Mall seems like a nice addition, although I didn't buy anything there this trip.  Having the option of buying something healthy when you're walking around the park for hours is a good choice to have.  They also have coffee here, but didn't see any price on the board, and the poor guy working seemed a little overwhelmed at that point to even ask.

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

I know I may be in the minority, but I like seeing new vehicles displayed in the park.  This was a nice truck to boot!

IMG_1191.jpg

Some general shots from around various areas:

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

I really love this area around the Tower:

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Great seeing the Liberty Bell:

IMG_1204.jpg

Some nice shots from the top of the Tower:

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

(continued)

• Like 5

I ate more food in the park this visit than I have in years.  One of the places was the new frozen yogurt shop.  I really enjoyed what I got there.  

IMG_1210.jpg

I think the landscaping at Kings Island is so underrated.  It's too bad most people just run past a lot of this to go stand in line for an hour for a ride.

IMG_1213.jpg

Obligatory Banshee shots.  I really liked how these turned out, though.

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Another nice vehicle on display:

IMG_1216.jpg

I think I take a picture of this every visit.  Love this view.

IMG_1217.jpg

Nice Diamondback shots:

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

More great landscaping.

IMG_1221.jpg

I hit the Reds Grille for lunch.  This is such a good place to eat, in an amusement park or not.  I still think they just went all out in this place, and it always has great service.

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

An always relaxing ride on the Train.  I have to say the announcer we had on this ride was hilarious.  He did a great job.

IMG_1229.jpg

A few Dinosaurs Alive shots.  I found every dinosaur to be working great.  The only thing was it seemed like there was a lot less shade back there this year.  Could be my imagination, though.  

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

Could not get enough pics of the Tower today.  It had been almost 9 months since my last visit!!

IMG_1237.jpg

The new candy shop looked really nice.

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

Some great fountain shots!

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

Tried to ride The Bat, but turned around when I could see it was sporting a circa 1994-length wait.

IMG_1246.jpg

Took a few minutes to check out part of a show in Festhaus to cool off for a moment.  Some people knock these shows, but, seriously, how could you beat that kind of show while you nibble on pizza or Chinese food in an amusement park?  I think they do a great job.

IMG_1250.jpg

Corvettes and Kings Island...is there any better combination?  (Well, I've been lucky enough to run a couple 5ks through the park, and, to me,

running + Kings Island is right up there!)

IMG_1251.jpg

By total accident, I ended up leaving and driving right past the cemetery in the parking lot.  I've never taken the time to check this out before.

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Hope to see you again soon, Kings Island!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 5