TR: DollyWood

AZ Kinda Guy

I had an awesome time and yes, ThunderHead is better then any wood at Kings Island...Here's the pics. It was my first time using a digital camera at a amusement park so tell me how you think the pictures are...BTW, you'll have to register with Sony ImageStation but it's free and you don't get any junk. Plus, I highly recommend their free online photo hosting.

DollyWood 2K4

I had an awesome time and yes, ThunderHead is better then any wood at Kings Island...

DollyWood 2K4

I'll second that! I went down last week to take a spin. Its an amazing ride......and beautiful to look at. The way it is nestled between the hills allows for some absolutely CRAZY changes in direction. It offers some crazy combinations of laterals and air, the speed throughout the second half of the ride is unbelievable, not to mention the station fly through is just cool :-) I HIGHLY recommend that you guys take a trip to Dollywood this season if possible, they have a winner on their hands!

- Todd -

Yeah, it looks kick a**, but I'm still sticking by The Beast for its double helix, and originality. I'm sure Thunderhead's awesome, but nothing can beat The Beast's finale. That part through the station on Thunderhead looks incredible though. Finally, a reason to visit Dollywood once again.

The praise of this coaster comes to no surprise to me. When I went to Hersheypark a few weeks ago, I went on Wildcat (once) and Lignting Racer (many, many times) and I have to say, I was very impressed with what GCI has done. Lightning Racer is IMHO the best racing/twin coaster I've ever been on - wood or steel. GCI is on their way to the top of the wooden coaster business; I'm sure that Thunderhead further proved that.

My friends and I went to Dollywood Tuesday (June 15) and before I even rode Thunderhead, I thought that it had no way of being better than The Beast. Let me tell you, I WAS WRONG! It was the greatest wooden coaster EVER! It had crossovers, speed, and airtime. It was unbelievable! Sure The Beast is awesome, but Thunderhead kicks @$$. I HIGHLY recomend riding this ride!