Miracle Strip, Panama City Beach 7/24

coasterfanatic83

While on vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida, I made it a point to stop by the new Miracle Strip amusement park. It isn't quite like the old one, but they refurbished some of the old rides from the original Miracle Strip. I was only there for about 2 hours, but there might have been 300 people there tops, so it was a lot of fun.

Their single coaster is a 1970 SDC Galaxi Coaster (RipTide), and it was a fun little ride. I believe it is actually a clone of the old Bavarian Beetle from Kings Island, but I might be wrong. It was a nice little moment of nostalgia, since my home park in Maine when I was a child had one of these as well. I also rode their 1975 Big Eli Ferris Wheel, 1980 Sea Dragon, 1964 Allen Herschell Carousel, and 1966 Floyd & Baxter Bumper Cars. 

Although I wasn't at the park very long (10:00-12:00 PM had discounted tickets), I had a blast. I would go back if I can ever make it down to PCB again.

Front Entry
71pv21.jpg

orl121.jpg

2hpkqya.jpg

Classic signage in front of rides

20gxt88.jpg

28ulcw6.jpg

2iu3j2o.jpg

Rides!

2lnq83.jpg

2d8jg2f.jpg

el9z83.jpg

atpwsi.jpg

2w2qzhj.jpg

This is an old car from the original Starliner coaster at the old Miracle Strip Park. 
30aesfm.jpg

Overall, it was a great trip. Prior to going down there, I had never been south of Tennessee, so it was a nice new experience for me. I loved being on the gulf, and hope to be back someday. 

2r22lnl.jpg

2vnmaee.jpg

6f05fr.jpg

66hoyd.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't see anything about the new Starliner. No signs, no advertisements, nothing. I am thinking it unfortunately might never come to be. The ride was supposed to be ready for this season (2015), and I saw no signs of construction anywhere.

This is the most recent quote from their Facebook page, from February:

Starliner fans....Starliner updates are coming soon. We'll make an official announcement once all the plans, permits, engineering, financing and sponsorships are complete. A project of this magnitude and cost cannot be rushed. Thanks for your support of the Starliner and MSAP.

• Like 1