Kings Island Coaster Campout

jcgoble3

Regarding showers: this event was one night, with check-in at ~8pm. Perhaps it was assumed that local attendees would be able to arrive clean (or go one night without showering; camping doesn't always involve the luxury of a daily shower). Of course, for out-of-town attendees who spent all day Thursday at the park in the summer heat, not having a shower would be a bigger issue.

It's sad that this wasn't better attended. Many here are supportive of the park's charitable efforts, but the super quick timeframe and concerns regarding event details made it difficult in this case.

• Like 4

I would be shocked (given the somewhat short notice, limited amount of truly unique experiences, and timing - just when summer is winding down) if this wasn't some kind of test or data-gathering experiment for something in the future.  Something tells me the park probably wasn't surprised at all by the low turnout.

If only there was an actual campsite near Kings Island... say in the shadow of a coaster, maybe one that hung below the track... sigh...

Still best memory of KI as a kid was camping in the shadow of Top Gun, catching my pants on fire, major thunderstorm, and for some reason hearing the lift hill start up around 3 or 4 in the morning...

That being said anything to raise money for cancer research is a plus in my book...

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

If only there was an actual campsite near Kings Island... say in the shadow of a coaster, maybe one that hung below the track... sigh...

Still best memory of KI as a kid was camping in the shadow of Top Gun, catching my pants on fire, major thunderstorm, and for some reason hearing the lift hill start up around 3 or 4 in the morning...

That being said anything to raise money for cancer research is a plus in my book...

After recent events, I wouldn't expect to see anything near any coasters that suspend. ;)

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 4

I'd love to see a campground back at the park... I never went to the old campgrounds, but that would be awesome waking up to The Bat or The Beast or whatever ride a new campground would be close to. 

• Like 6

I'd love to see a campground back at the park... I never went to the old campgrounds, but that would be awesome waking up to The Bat or The Beast or whatever ride a new campground would be close to. 

I never stayed at KI's campground since I live so close to the park, but in 1995 I did stay at the campground at Carowinds.  I loved waking up to the sounds of the coasters testing. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I am hoping the chain will gather info from these camping experiences this summer and offer it again next year, but taking into account what they learned.

As for me, a weekday event is great since I work every weekend. 

They really need to have shower options available-not everyone is local.  In August, after spending more than 8 hours in the park, I am ready for a shower when I get home at 130 am--so if I spent that amount of time in the park on Thursday, overnighted, then spent some time in the park Friday, I would feel terrible and I would feel bad for anyone who was with me.

(Gone are the days of Boy Scouting, adult life is different than early teenage life)

• Like 3