Playland Ocean City New Jersey - Gale Force (new coaster)

My guesses would be either Gerstlauer, Mauer, or Zierer, though as we saw with Cannibal, it could be in house (with help with other companies).  It does look like whoever is building it is taking a page from Premier and going with the forward and backwards launches and some layout similarities to the likes of Tempesto.   

• Like 2

:blink: This is what Surf Dog aspires to be when he grows up!

My only Jersey experience was the former Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB long ago. Didn't realize I was so close to where the Hindenburg disaster had taken place many decades before. Anyway, lots of sand and pine trees. Never made it to any amusement parks (it was winter anyway).

• Like 5

I think this will be a great addition for them. So many places are becoming a hot spot for my coveted vacation planning. This is becoming more difficult by the day, and I don't mean that as a bad thing either. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Test dummies fall out of ride during testing.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Roller-Coaster-Test-Dummies-Fall-Crash-Ocean-City-Jersey-Shore-Hotel-Roof-509233341.html?fbclid=IwAR0bmghwRU9MVwoonsYHKr_UeS7XNZ2BZy2fr_F6sEjZ6l3QI3w2tZrGGSs

The incident occurred back on April 20 at Playland’s Castaway Cove in Ocean City, New Jersey. The GaleForce roller coaster was undergoing a routine safety check when two water-filled dummies fell off the ride and plummeted into the Ebb Tide Suites next door, damaging shingles and plywood.

The dummies had leaks that went undetected and they lost their mass and shape, causing them to fall.

“Obviously it’s not something that would ever happen with a person in it,” Hartley said. “You know you don’t lose rigidity in a person. The lap bar comes down. You’re secured in there.”