August 7 is Rides Night for Gold passholders

WindingSon

Saw this on the Passholder Exclusives page:

Enjoy exclusive night ride time on two of the best night rides in the world, The Beast and Diamondback roller coasters, from 10:30 p.m. to midnight. Present your Gold or Platinum Season Pass at the ride entrances to participate in this event.

• Like 2

I forgot about this. I will be at the park tomorrow, but I will be bringing my mother, who does not have a Gold Pass. She wouldn't ride either of those rides to begin with, but I don't know if she would be allowed to just "hang out" in the area while I ride or if she would be required to leave the park and wait at the car. If the latter, then it's probably not worth it for me to stay.

• Like 1

No thanks. The last few times I've called the park, I've given up and hung up after being stuck in the "queue" for a while with zero indication of approximately how long the wait time is or how many people are in front of me. Emailing the park tends to work better, but typically has a two-day turnaround time, which is too long for an event tomorrow.

Most likely, I'll just stop at Guest Relations when we arrive at the park tomorrow and ask there. I've found that asking in person at Guest Relations tends to get better and more accurate responses than calling or emailing anyway.

Between the last two nights, I've worked 5 hours over. It's really tempting to leave an hour early and head down for the night rides that I didn't get Saturday.

Running through the logistics, I can get 5.5 hours of sleep before I need to be back on the road for my volunteer shift at Kenyon.

The Beast or an extra two hours of sleep...

• Like 2

Unless you wanted to ride Diamondback a bunch, or Beast once, you didn't miss anything. I got in line for Beast first, and all the queues except for the back two rows of the bottom section (the one that isn't usually open) were full, so at least an hour wait. The queues were already half-full from people still waiting to ride from normal ride-time by the time they started letting passholders in.

I had intended to leave when I abandoned The Beast line at around 10:40, but when I saw Diamondback was only down the stairs I decided to ride. After that, I went around again and it was only a station wait. I was tempted to ride more with no wait, but I was developing a serious headache so I called it a night.

• Like 2

We waited in that Beast line from 10:30 to 11:00.

After that, we went to Diamondback and it was walk on city. 3 train wait for the front seat and empty gates for the rest.

Then we went back to The Beast at 11:30 and it was a walk on too.

All in all great night, for great night rides, on 2 great coasters. We could have ridden The Beast 2 more times after our 11:30 rides but we were done for the night.

• Like 3

I was in line for The Beast and was a bit worried with being in the lower queue but the lined moved really fast - I would guess that folks left to ride Diamondback. Waited about 30 mins for my first ride and 15-20 for my second ride. The Beast at night...the best!

Then headed over to Diamondback for three rides with each being either a walk on or station wait. Still had enough time for 1-2 more rides but decided to head home.

Thank to all the KI team that stayed late! I'm sure that it was a long day for everyone but they were still going with lots of energy. Your work and energy was noticed and appreciated!

• Like 4

Time to come back to the forums it looks like (used to frequent here a few years ago)

Tonight was an excellent night, The Beast line was again, pretty long first off but died down throughout the ERT, got on there first and headed over to Diamondback and rode, well, i didn't count but my body is not thanking me for that marathon right now :P Overall, a great night and shoutout to all the employees who stayed the night!

• Like 2