Reds, Rain, & Racoons? Trip Report (8/4/15)

johnaalexis

I went to Kings Island Monday, August 4 and it was a wonderful trip!! I expect the Reds fans to pack the park but it was not as crowded as I had planned for. The most I waited for a ride was about 30 minutes for Diamondback! Not bad at all I don't think. Got to ride Beast three times and Banshee twice. Got some great rides on Delirium, Vortex, The Bat, Racers and the Carousel. It did rain about two hours that evening, lucky while my friends and I were inside Feasthaus eating. After the rain we decide to grab some hoodies, it had drop from about 87 degrees to 65 degrees!! Wear shorts and a tank that was cold!! After the storm all the rides were shut down for about an an hour thanks to the lightening. So as it was about 9 we decided to get in line to have on last ride on The Beast.

We stood there for another 45 minutes, while every other ride around us began to run. Then the attendant got a phone call. There were RACOONS on the track. As they were unsure if the ride would reopen due to the Racoon problem we continued to wait till the told us to go home. Then came to supervisors who said if we are in line now we would get to ride after the fireworks, but only once. They placed security near the arcade to prevent any one else from getting in line after ten o clock and then finally after fireworks and run throughout and safety checks it was 10:20 we got to ride! We ran up the stations and hoped up front.

It was the best night ride on The Beast I have had thus far! It was pitch black dark, it was chilly, and there was a thick fog the lay over the track. They check our belts and sent us through! The click-click-click up the hill you were surrounded by the fog and you could hear owls in the distant. The down hill will fast, furious, and cold!!! We couldn't see anything, each twist and turn of the track I thought I knew was a surprise and it was great!!! The double helix was better then ever and when it came time to get off. I wanted to stay on and ride again, just like every other time I ride!

It was a wonderful trip and one I won't forget soon!!! Can't wait for my next trip on 8/17 - National Roller Coaster Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8